Nightmares

It's cause you think about to much things before you sleep. When you sleep, make sure you clear everything out of your mind!

Absoloutely not. Dream science is still in its early stages, but it's believed dreams are based on real events that have happened in the previous week. So, if you've seen a scary film recently, that will be the root of your problems.
If that were the case, Leona Lewis would be in every dream I had! I dreamt of her last night for the first time in weeks, and that was just a brief encounter.

And when you get a gun in a dream, why does it never seem to bloody kill someone?

Anyway, seeing as we're on the topic, did you know that 20% of people dream in black and white? And some philosophers argue that the real world may be an illusion, and the dream world real? Wierd.

Absoloutely not. Dream science is still in its early stages, but it's believed dreams are based on real events that have happened in the previous week. So, if you've seen a scary film recently, that will be the root of your problems.
If that were the case, Leona Lewis would be in every dream I had! I dreamt of her last night for the first time in weeks, and that was just a brief encounter.

And when you get a gun in a dream, why does it never seem to bloody kill someone?

Anyway, seeing as we're on the topic, did you know that 20% of people dream in black and white? And some philosophers argue that the real world may be an illusion, and the dream world real? Wierd.

Sheesh.

This makes me feel almost grateful to dream about vampires and stuff.

Does anyone actually dream as if they're looking through their eyes? Because I just seem like a freaky stalker who doesn't exist that watches my dream life.

I dream through my own eyes the vast majority of the time.

I had sleep paralysis twice on Saturday, however I was facing my sofa, eyes were open and I thought my Dad was in the room (not 'cause I saw/heard him, I just thought he was for whatever reason).

I only ever get it when I'm literally sooooo tired, but I'm drifting off to sleep, yet waking myself up constantly. And I'm usually too tired to really care?

In all honesty though, reading about it has made me more scared of it, then experiencing it :/ thanks intranet.

Does anyone actually dream as if they're looking through their eyes? Because I just seem like a freaky stalker who doesn't exist that watches my dream life.

Dreams can be in both first and third person.

Here's tips to see if you're dreaming (ie to go into a lucid dream, a state where you know you're dreaming):

-Pinch yourself. If it doesn't hurt, you're in a dream.
- Pinch your nose. If you can breath without using your mouth, you're in a dream.
- Look at a digital watch. Look away, then look back. The time will have abnormally changed, or the watch will have disapered completely. this doesn't work for analogue watches, as they generally tend to stay the same time.
- Look in a book. Books seldom have any text in dreams, but close it, and open it again. It will have changed completely.

Lol my dreams are always in first person. I don't remember a single dream ever being in third. My dreams are usually about what I DON'T stress myself with. Like if I'm thinking of something small on Tuesday, I'll dream about it on Thursday.

Darren, try to relax a little. I remember that a long time ago you said you had that fear about zombie apocalypse. Maybe that's the only cause of it?

Always first-person for me, but it's usually not always me that I'm controlling in the dream.. I'll likely be someone else in first-person, as in living that person's life.

Rarely do I ever have a dream where I'm as a "floating camera" controlling myself in third-person view (e.g like a video game).

Last edited:
I had sleep paralysis twice on Saturday, however I was facing my sofa, eyes were open and I thought my Dad was in the room (not 'cause I saw/heard him, I just thought he was for whatever reason).

I only ever get it when I'm literally sooooo tired, but I'm drifting off to sleep, yet waking myself up constantly. And I'm usually too tired to really care?

In all honesty though, reading about it has made me more scared of it, then experiencing it :/ thanks intranet.

i've only had sleep paralysis once that i can remember.

on the trip back from JP we woke up at 7am that day after being awake untill 2am from a drive around roppongi, walked around all day with friends and arrived at the airport at 6pm. flight left at 9:30pm and arrived in Brisbane international at 7am. the sleep paralysis started around the 4-5am mark .

wited for our connecting flight at 2pm and couldnt sleep at all. total time awake was something stupid like 40 hours once i went to sleep at midnight that night.

I don't think I've ever had a third-person dream, nor have I ever been someone else in a dream (that would be nuts). Additionally, you guys actually control yourself in your dream? I always thought the 'pinch yourself' thing was a joke. I don't commonly have dreams, though.

I had one of the best dreams that I can ever remember last night. It was with a very good friend of mine that I once dated, except it wasn't what I would expect the dream to be about (...). We were alone, and we were just talking, enjoying each other's presence, and then I asked her if she would like to dance, as there was conveniently some very nice music playing in the background the whole time. It was very private.

I found myself trying to get back to the dream once I woke up. Do you guys do this? I've fallen back to sleep and restarted the same dream from where I left off like 3 times in a row before. Sadly, it doesn't always work.

Additionally, you guys actually control yourself in your dream? I always thought the 'pinch yourself' thing was a joke. I don't commonly have dreams, though.

If you question the fact that you are awake throughout the day when you know when you are awake, you will eventually remember to check in your dream, and you will shortly discover that you are obviously in a dream. But it's pretty hard to not just wake up after that, but there are certain techniques which you can use to stay dreaming(I think spinning in circles helps for some reason).

Lucid dreams are the ****. You can do all kinds of crazy stuff. It's really weird if you try to walk through a mirror, you end up in the most random of places. Only had 2 in my life, one of which I kind of went ADD and forgot that I could do anything I wanted and ended up trying to convince people in my dream that they were in a dream the whole time.

If you question the fact that you are awake throughout the day when you know when you are awake, you will eventually remember to check in your dream, and you will shortly discover that you are obviously in a dream. But it's pretty hard to not just wake up after that, but there are certain techniques which you can use to stay dreaming(I think spinning in circles helps for some reason).

Lucid dreams are the ****. You can do all kinds of crazy stuff. It's really weird if you try to walk through a mirror, you end up in the most random of places. Only had 2 in my life, one of which I kind of went ADD and forgot that I could do anything I wanted and ended up trying to convince people in my dream that they were in a dream the whole time.

True, good sir, spinning does indeed help. With most lucid dreams, the main issue is waking up very quickly once you've realised you're dreaming (or having a false awakening- ie you dream that you wake up).

I found myself trying to get back to the dream once I woke up. Do you guys do this? I've fallen back to sleep and restarted the same dream from where I left off like 3 times in a row before. Sadly, it doesn't always work.

Yes, I get that a lot. I love dreams when you dream about someone you fancy- although something I've noticed is that they tend to leave before the end of the dream. So, a girl would be there in the beginning of a dream but will have gone by the end.

There are methods to repeat the same dreams, but none of them work very well.

I normally dream in third person, sometimes first person, however a lot of the time it's hard to determine by the time I've fully woken up. When I was younger I used to lucid dream a lot and could wake myself up by in my dream by smashing my head.

I don't normally have nightmares, but sometimes I have some really messed up dreams, my last one was when I went to a desert village and when I got in, in all the houses there were rag dolls hanging and when I tried running I just kept on spinning around xD

I normally have some really interesting dreams which are extremely clear until I fully wake up. I used to sleep with one eye open when I was a baby according to my parents :lol:

Back