Nightmares

I always thought the, "pinch yourself," thing was a joke too. I never experienced that. I have had a few lucid dreams too though. Those are really cool. I often find myself doing things though that I don't express in real life though? Like maybe the things friends try to pressure me into? Or the things I wouldn't have the balls to do in reality.

Whenever I have those dreams I wake up from that I really like, I ALWAYS try and get back to sleep. It never works

Most of my lucid dreams happened when I was a kid, the usual way I would wake myself up from a dream would be to do hard long blinks... I'd close my eyes hard, then open them up and be awake (very similar to Hiro Nakamura in HEROES). I still have a pretty good amount of lucid dreams these days, but not to the degree of when I was kid.

Other times the dreams would be so real, that the 'pinch yourself' thing didn't work, nor did closing my eyes to wake up.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I found myself trying to get back to the dream once I woke up. Do you guys do this? I've fallen back to sleep and restarted the same dream from where I left off like 3 times in a row before. Sadly, it doesn't always work.

I've done it before, yes. It's rarely worked for me, about 3 times it's worked for me... Some times if I do it, I'll just end up dreaming something completely different, and other times nothing happens.

I hate it when you're about to do something in your dream that you've been wanting to do for a very long time, and when you're about to do it.. you wake up. Then you feel all disappointed for like 3-5mins.

A lot of my dreams have been of a great massacre. I always get killed. But when I get killed, I instantly wake up.

I hate it when you're about to do something in your dream that you've been wanting to do for a very long time, and when you're about to do it.. you wake up. Then you feel all disappointed for like 3-5mins.

hahaha! Exactly the same for me. Then I get over it and forget about it for the rest of the day xD

Absoloutely not. Dream science is still in its early stages, but it's believed dreams are based on real events that have happened in the previous week. So, if you've seen a scary film recently, that will be the root of your problems.
If that were the case, Leona Lewis would be in every dream I had! I dreamt of her last night for the first time in weeks, and that was just a brief encounter.

And when you get a gun in a dream, why does it never seem to bloody kill someone?

Anyway, seeing as we're on the topic, did you know that 20% of people dream in black and white? And some philosophers argue that the real world may be an illusion, and the dream world real? Wierd.
is that why i killed a witch with dynamite while jumping from bamboo stick to bamboo stick on the ground
Weird

and i remember a dream i had there was a famus house
and in the back yard a witch came i threw some pocket change at her she came at me tried to punch me and then i woke up

A lot of my dreams have been of a great massacre. I always get killed. But when I get killed, I instantly wake up.

Disturbed much?

This is actually a really interesting topic. From the top of my head, I think dreams happen because while sleeping your unconcious mental processes just happen without any control from you, so that a bunch of random memories, ideas, images, and decisions just manifest themselves, creating the image of a dream.

From experience, I would say be careful with training your dream recall and lucid dreaming. I did this a couple of years back and now every time I have dreams, (epic ones too, and recurring ones) and sometimes it literally is difficult to know what is reality and what is dream. One time I even thought I had slept with my gf for days until she told me no such thing had happened.
It also sucks how I get so much into the dream that I sleep for more than 12 hours, then my head hurts. One time my dream was so good that I actually woke up, had breakfast, and then went back to the dream and it continued as if it had been waiting the whole time.

I think your playing too much COD5 or Left4Dead ;)..

But people have had good suggestions for you. Try not to watch TV before bed and just read a nice book. It should take your mind away from everything, should be relaxing. Avoid spicy food too..

As for me I don't dream too often, none I can remember anyways. But I've always remembered this one because it was so weird. There was a party in my house, although just in one room. Its a bedroom and not very big in real life but in the dream it was huge and there was tons of people. I couldn't hear sound or people talking and then all of a sudden the phone rang and I answered it. All that came out of the phone was loud screaming and then I woke up.

I have dreams too where it feels like I'm being held down or something, which is really weird. Also that thing when you feel like your falling is pretty cool, I haven't had that in awhile.

I think I always dream in third person, if not, it's someone else's life. I remember being a fat person trying to prove to the world that it's damn easy to lose weight, I've been soccer players and aliens. I don't know why I go through such random dreams that have nothing to do with my life in general. The ones I do only occur when I miss someone and think about them before I go to sleep.

I've tried to go back into dreams when I'm slowly becoming conscious that I'm waking up. Also, I try and rewrite them if I'm in this state and something goes wrong. Psh, if I can control you, I will. I think it's just more comfortable than being faced with real life at that time. Oh, and I never actually get to the end of my dream, so I try to sum one up. Unfortunately, I'm not that much of a writer, so that never happens.

Last night my dream was quite random. I was on holiday in Gibraltar with my girlfriend. I don't know much about this place, if anything, so my dream conjured up the thought that we lived in huts and it was sort of a foresty place. My tooth fell out as I was picking out my girlfriend's bikini, so I went to a dentist alone. Apparently I didn't have insurance, so she kicked me out. Walking back annoyed without one of my incisors, I fell down a huge ass John Locke hole, where I just shouted for help. Various people in cars listening to Spanish music really loudly passed, but NO ONE heard me. In the end my girlfriend just happened to stumble along that hole and fell, we were trapped together for eternity. Beautiful.

Though the last part was much cuter than that, but I won't enlighten you about it.

Last night my dream was quite random. I was on holiday in Gibraltar with my girlfriend. I don't know much about this place, if anything, so my dream conjured up the thought that we lived in huts and it was sort of a foresty place. My tooth fell out as I was picking out my girlfriend's bikini, so I went to a dentist alone. Apparently I didn't have insurance, so she kicked me out. Walking back annoyed without one of my incisors, I fell down a huge ass John Locke hole, where I just shouted for help. Various people in cars listening to Spanish music really loudly passed, but NO ONE heard me. In the end my girlfriend just happened to stumble along that hole and fell, we were trapped together for eternity. Beautiful.

Though the last part was much cuter than that, but I won't enlighten you about it.
No, it's okay, please enlighten us. :D

By the way, if you're wondering what Gibraltar is like, it's a small peninsula and promontory, with a city at the bottom. There's no huts there, but there are some monkeys.

No, it's okay, please enlighten us. :D

By the way, if you're wondering what Gibraltar is like, it's a small peninsula and promontory, with a city at the bottom. There's no huts there, but there are some monkeys.

Eh, nah. ;)

There wasn't actually an end to it, so the conclusion is that we either got horribly bored of eachother and decided to resort to cannibalism or we just died and had our remains discovered together in some romantic manner. But the former sounds so much cooler.

The only thing I know about Gibraltar is that it was mentioned in my English class a loooong time ago when we were doing something about the Mary Celeste. Other than that, it's been wiped of my memory completely.

Gibraltar_monkey_24341t.jpg

Seems pretty interesting though. xD

So anyway. Seeing as I'm waiting for paint to dry, I'll enlighten you all about my dream, 'cause it like, involves Dave.

Uh, Adam and I were in some greenhouse laboratory place on holiday (yay!) and we decided to look around, to find my friend Matt, who was rabid and chasing after us. I don't know why. But I had this great white dress on with red shoes. Anyway, me and Adam separated running away and I ran into a room full of clutter with my old physics teacher. I asked to hide, he said climb the projectors. Instead of asking him to call for help, that is. So I was climbing this mountain of projectors and physics books and just waited there for a while. Dunno what that would achieve. Then Dave came running in and said "We need chrysanthemums!" and apparently, chrysanthemums were Matt's weakness. I went with Dave to find some, we had a lovely British and Australian chat about the world. The only place to find some was on a leek river, where there was a floating leek market. Yeah. Then me and Dave were on a Venetian boat looking for some chrysanthemums. Then Adam came floating by on his with a load of rhododendrons, but Dave said that chrysanthemums were better, then they started arguing about... flowers and started bashing into one another. Aaand then I fell in thanks to ignorant men, and probably drowned, because then I woke up.

Best dream ever.

I just had a rather dream about a young blonde woman (not based on any real person I know) who was a football player, and she went to the Middle East and met an imam. Then there was an air raid siren, and after that I woke up...

I honestly have no idea what that was about (I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but since we're already describing dreams in this thread...).

Back