Nightmares

kiraownsurmom

Man Points: Over 9000
Recently Ive been having nightmares about a zombie apocolypse,and just today had 2. I have them maybe once(or more) a week or 2. It affects my sleep all the time cause I fear Ill be trapped again,these arent lucid at all. They seem to be either me in it or me playing a videogame as me but I only see whats going on. Any help?

It's cause you think about to much things before you sleep. When you sleep, make sure you clear everything out of your mind!

I get nightmares about my grandparents being like zombies, it's friggen creepy.

Speaking from my own experience, if someone has racing thoughts or is intently focused on something, they will often dream about it, nightmare or not. ..Basically what Brownies said. Racing thoughts distort quality sleep pretty badly too, which can lead to further nightmares.

If you're not playing Left4Dead 24/7, and not having racing thoughts before/during falling asleep, nightmares can have a lot to do with other things. Whether it be a slight psychological imbalance as in something is genuinely "bugging" you(conciously or subconciously), or things of nature. ..Not that I'm an expert on this stuff.

If racing thoughts are the case of causing this, becoming genuinely tired and having a very easy time falling asleep can sometimes solve nightmare problems, from my own experience. Certain things and events can encourage this.

Whether or not this sounds stupid, Camomile tea has natural chemicals in it that induces sleep, one of which is melatonine(sp?), if I'm correct. The body naturally produces melatonine to induce sleep as well, so drinking camomile tea before going to sleep, or in preperation for sleep often certainly has no risks, and is often very effective.

Then there's also actual melatonine pills you may be able to buy over the counter at drug stores. They're a bit more potent than Camomile tea, and you'll probably be out within 20 minutes, even if you're the type of person who takes an hour to fall asleep, or something of that sort. It really induces a strong sleep, which should also stop racing thoughts as it takes effect.

..If your problem isn't racing thoughts, I'm at a loss for what to do. As I said, I'm not really an expert. :lol: Also, I'll just say - if by chance you ever take melatonine pills, you'll be out like a light for a few hours. So if you're going to sleep for say, 4 hours and then you're getting up for work, school, etc., these pills aren't a good idea. If you wake up before it starts wearing off, you'll be very drowzy and a bit out of it for awhile.

Last edited:
Try thinking about what you want your dream to be before you sleep.
Studies show that there is around a 40% chance that it will work.

Ironically I've just been reading a sleep paralysis thread on left 4 dead forums, here.

Hmm, maybe a zombie apocalypse will happen soon. Since all of us have been having zombie dreams. This must mean something! :shifty:

I had a dream about me being surrounded by a hundred mutant zombie samurais.

I've no control over what I end up dreaming... But I like those dreams where I'm walking in a city, and can publicly have sex with whoever i want without consequences. Too often do I have bizarre dreams.

Deej, do you have anything around your house that would give you the thought of zombie takeovers? Perhaps playing too much L4D? Doing too much of something or having a massive fascination for whatever will eventually give you dreams about it.

Napalmbrain said:
Erk, I'm on the computer before sleeping every night...

Ditto, well.. most of the time. Rarely does that have anything to with what I end up dreaming. Same with the certain foods I eat before going to bed, doesn't do anything.

I have racing thoughts every night, that's when I do a ton of my thinking.. they usually result in no dream, a romance dream, or a dream about an adventure.

I guess I'm alone here?

I have racing thoughts every night, that's when I do a ton of my thinking.. they usually result in no dream, a romance dream, or a dream about an adventure.

I guess I'm alone here?

Nope, been there.. do alot of thinking one night, and then i fall asleep and dream about nothing, just blackness and feels like it lasts 10 mins, but it's been 5hrs.

Back