Nintendo E3 Conference Round-up

Eagles said:
To be honest I don't see why they can't be released at the same time across the Globe... Its not like there is any change in game play between the US and Australian versions of a particular game......

Well it's not easy to simultaneously release a game everywhere. And think this way for example. Let's use SSBB. Now I'm just making this up but let's say the Japan version is ready first. Is there really any point in waiting for the Us or Pal versions to be finished. Isn't it better that one place get's it then having everybody wait?

And why is everybody saying Sony had the worst conferecne. MS had the worst and it's not just me. Go to the Gamespot forums and most users will agree that Microsoft had the worst conference. G4 T.v. also said they thought MS had the worst conference.

Revan said:
Well it's not easy to simultaneously release a game everywhere. And think this way for example. Let's use SSBB. Now I'm just making this up but let's say the Japan version is ready first. Is there really any point in waiting for the Us or Pal versions to be finished. Isn't it better that one place get's it then having everybody wait?

Thats true, but take Super Paper Mario for example. The US version was released on the ninth of April, however the Australian version (the same language, game play), virtually indentical is set to release in September! One must ask how it takes additional months to get it ready for Australian use! Another question, why do some games such as Super Paper Mario take months between release yet games like Harry Potter can be simultaneously released across the globe. It shows it can't be to difficult....

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong but, isn't the "Wii Wheel" that same plastic bullshit Ubisoft tried giving us with that shitty cell shaded game GT? Same with the Monster 4x4

ROFLTANK said:
Correct me if im wrong but, isn't the "Wii Wheel" that same plastic bullshit Ubisoft tried giving us with that shitty cell shaded game GT? Same with the Monster 4x4

ja ja! :mad5:

The steering wheel and zapper aint exactly attracting my attention. But Galaxy is what I need!!!!!!!!! Followed by SSBB and MP3. :)

Nintendo's event wasn't amazing, but by no means was it bad.

The wii gun's already been done, and in my opinion this one looks cooler!

131-Wii-Sharp-Shooter.jpg

vagrant said:
What games use the Z button for shooting?

Oh whoa I never noticed that. I just quickly looked at the picture and said wow thats amazing. Wow that's a real ripoff then. I take that back the Wii Zapper is better. Every shooting game uses the B button so this third party Wii Gun is fail.

that is all just the tip of the iceberg, there are so many other great games like rock band, cod, starcraft 2, halo, force unleashed, and mass efect (just because BioWare did kotor).

There are NO FPS though. Which sucks horribly. If Nintendo is serious about reaching ALL gamers then perhaps the execs there should quit being pussies and create NEW games that explore other genres....besides minigame collections.

Yes Metroid is great. And yes we've got sports games, Mario, etc. But we don't have anything like Gears on the Wii. The closest thing we've got might be RE4 which was a remake.

And RE:UC is a joke. I think Wii owners should boycott that game just to prove to Capcom that we're not going to settle for bs side games while the 360 and ps3 get the REAL NEXT game in the series. The same thing goes for Sould Calibur Legends. Thats not Soul Calibur. Thats a lil side game that they decided would suffice for Wii owners since they don't want to go thru the effort of making Soul Calibur 4 for the Wii.

In short E3 was alright but also a big disappointment to me. I'm a causal gamer (if we're going to use labels and all) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be happy with pure crap. Because WiiFit is not on my list of must haves. While the game/program is going to be revolutionary and sell a lot its not going to be for everyone. The highlight of E3 was really just Mario Kart Wii.

Back