Nintendo Getting Closer To Wii Points...

Themadnun

WiiChat Member
Nov 7, 2006
There is a news update in the stars catalog today, as i've just discovered.
Dear Nintendo Fan.
Last Friday we have been running internal tests in the Stars Catalog on our website. Unfortunately, because of a mistake during the testing phase, the Wii Points item accidentally appeared appeared on the website between 4pm and 8pm. We want to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This Item is not available in the Stars Catalog, and the price of 789 stars used during the testing process was entirely random. We understand that this may have caused a disappointment, so please accept out apologies. Thanks you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Your Nintendo Team.

It looks like we're getting closer to getting good use out of our otherwise-pointless stars...

Source http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/stars/index.jsp

Im not in Europe so I was wondering what are the Stars have to do with your Nintendo Wii's?

You collect stars from nintendo-only games, they're a sort of points system, and nintendo has been hinting at putting wii points up in the stars catalog so you can exchange your stars for wii points. Presently the stars catalog is full of useless items like mobile phone wallpapers, ringtones and desktop backgrounds. Occasionally they will put a game up for sale but they're ridiculously expensive in terms of Stars as a currency.:frown2:

huh? Is this in the process? Cause i never heard about this "star catalog" thing.

actually this offer is only for europe, as star slips only come in european nintendo games.

RivalDestiny said:
huh? Is this in the process? Cause i never heard about this "star catalog" thing.

read above^^

I do not see a stars catalogue for US or Canada????? I looked around nintendo.com
the only one I saw this starts catalogue on was nintendo-europe.com.
i would love to get stars...

wtf what are stars? can someone please explain in a pm? ill rep you. i really want to know

Everyone needs to take a breath, calm down and read the thread carefully. Your questions have already been answered but Ill repeat

Nintendo has a program in Europe where you get "stars" with certain Nintendo products.
You can trade stars for stuff like desktop images on the website
It has been rumored that stars could be traded in for VC points at some date.
This mistake on the Nintendo Europe website proves that they plan to do this in the future.

Back