Nintendo in trouble and hopefully wont have to take wii of the market

Why wouldn't the company want a cut of the profits from the Wii? Why do they want it off the market? This is all assuming they win :p

sounds like they got a very valid case against nintendo. I think they just pissed off cause they didnt make money

the company that filed a complaint against nintendo will have to somehow show that they have had reduced sales in whatever that pointer device that they have is and that it is due to the nintendo wii, i doubt nintendo will take the wii off the market due to this like registered nerd said they will probably just buy the patent or something like that

Interlink may have a good case against Nintendo becuase already people have figured out how to use the wii-mote for PC's and you dont have to use the sensor bar. So alot of people are gonna be buying wii-motes in the near future for PC use aswell unless Nintendo get owned or something.

ign said:
The court filing claims that Interlink Electronics has suffered "loss of reasonable royalties, reduced sales and/or lost profits as a result of the infringing activities of" Nintendo.

i sure as hell never heard of interlink electronics before. lame ><

Can you use interlink's controller on the Wii? No. Can you use the Wiimote on a computer. Yes, but not within the confines of what Nintendo designed it to do and lots of software manipulation. Conclusion. No revenue lost because they are used for 2 different applications.

Case dismissed.

/After thought

Hmm wouldn't a company that makes 3rd party controllers for a console be taking away revenue from the console maker? I'm pretty sure you can not sue over revenue lost because of a similar product. As long as the similar product is different or does the same thing in a different way.

Last edited:
nintendo have been making this for longer than 2005, and as capt elmer said, short of people modding the controller, wich nintendo has no controll over its only use is the wii... nintendo will win

Back