nintendo needs sturdier straps for wiimote?

This is one thing I'm a bit afraid of. I really don't want to put a Wiimote through a 52" TV!

"Crack" there goes the screen! :mad2:

That's great! Proving the Wiimote is actually more durable than I had assumed... and as for the girl losing grip, that's all a matter of who pays for it and who wants to hold on to their 'investment' snug to prevent similar situations. :lol:

ghghgh14702 said:
Actually from what I've heard they are very durable, even after this one in the video was chucked at the wall at fast speeds and spilled out the batteries it worked fine when the batteries were put back in, at the Nintendo booth at E3 1 girl said that the prototype remotes they were using was hurled about 3 times really hard at the screen and it still went and played excellent, the final versions should be even more durable. interesting fact, Wii is small, would have been smaller if they didn't reinforce it to be extra durable, ps3 will probably break taking it out of the package knowing Sony and the 360 breaks without touching the stupid thing.

It's durablility against being thrown wasn't what I was thinking when I said they would have to be replaced. Im talking about the freemotion sensoring wearing out and becoming less responsive with time. Im worried that a bowling ball, for instance, won't travel as fast as it once did as time goes on.

Just get a better one, it's the same thing as Digital camera starts and phone ones too. Pshh replace it with fishing line if you want too, that wont break.

They also need to make smaller straps. I am using the straps that came with the wii gloves. But my kids have much smaller hands and those straps are way too big for them.

Back