Nintendo Wii Has Finnaly Surpassed The Xbox 360...Fastest Selling Console of all time

Sovieto said:
lol i didnt know Miyamoto had so many sons.....

Have you see the guy, hes a pimp. :lol:

As for the Wii sales, great news, should increase coming the holiday season.

As for gamecube sales, just because the ps2 was way ahead, gcube was right behind the xbox, not far off. So it didn't do all that bad then.

CantGetAWii said:

As for gamecube sales, just because the ps2 was way ahead, gcube was right behind the xbox, not far off. So it didn't do all that bad then.
nah gamecube was a complete failure, i dont think it even sold 1 mil in europe

CantGetAWii said:

I'm sure the Wii will be racking up much more sales this holiday season. I'm surprised they are still very rare (not as much as release, but they are still hard to come across). To think that I thought there would be more than enough in January 2007.

you know what? if this topic was posted on a multi platform forums there would be a ton of xbots slamming this article down (there are a small ammount already in this topic...) the sony fanboys would probaly say it's still a kids console (even though evidence prooves otherwise) i'm a sony and nintendo gamer and i am very happy about this news finaly afer 20 or so years nintendo are back on top, lets hope developers notice this and bring more games on the Wii! EA so far are listening, so is rockstar, square? lets hope so! sega are already making games for the Wii. i also hope that wifi improves and more games use it.

also i think it was nintendo's aim to get the Wii to be just as popular as the DS is.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
nah gamecube was a complete failure, i dont think it even sold 1 mil in europe

imo i think the gamecube did far more than what you have said in europe!

It is truly amazing to hear that such a small console has surpassed such massive competitors. Anyway, thanks for the update.

I got one for xmas and since then, i have had 57 new miis added to my plaza from friends and family who i bring over to play,

and out of all of them, 7 have now bought a wii, when i got the ps2 on launch ppl who came to play didnt buy them nearly as much iWiiis had way better reception with my family and friends than the ps2 ever had,

plus i could see this was gonna happen a mile off, wasnt it obvious it was ganno outsell, and when i read a guys comment while ago stating he thought it werent gonna happen untill 2008 i thought wow ure crazy i wont be surprised if it happened this month and what do ya know it happened.

P.S i was one of the first wii fanboys, (not meaning to brag) but i was there when Wii was first announce by Nintendo) and omg the wait for it seemed ages but after getting it it seems like iv only had it a month, but its really been 8

Is it really rare to find a wii nowadays??? I went to an ebgames around here and they had three. So I think its not that hard to find once anymore. People just need to call around and be diligent.

what report? where did you get this info? no link or source? all you said was "the report showed..." whos report?

What About the NES? How fast did it sell?

It sold 60 million Units!!!!

Nintendo Entertainment System

Manufacturer Nintendo
Type Console
Release Date July 15, 1983 (JP)

October 18, 1985 (NA)
1987 (EU, AU)

Media Cartridge
Save Format
Input Options
Special Features
Units Sold 60 million