No hd for the wii.

nilsk123

Banned
Jan 30, 2007
No external hard disk for the wii.

Every story about ninty getting a hd out for the wii was just rumor and speculation, and is not true. This came from Nintendo itself.

Source:

www.wiinintendo.net

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? Theres nothing there about HD on the Wii? Just some stuff about RE5 and RE Umbrella...nothing new at all.

omg, look further then your nose is long please. Scroll down vor 2.1231234 seconds and you'll find, I quote:

After speculation, Nintendo have announced that the so called external hard drive was “pure rumour and speculation” and they have no plans to release such a device.

This of course is bad news, especially since they plan to release demos that will be available to download. Will 512MB really last the life of the Wii, I don’t think so, I have a 2GB SD Card in mine but how long is it going to be until that is full too?

nilsk123 said:
omg, look further then your nose is long please. Scroll down vor 2.1231234 seconds and you'll find, I quote:

After speculation, Nintendo have announced that the so called external hard drive was “pure rumour and speculation” and they have no plans to release such a device.

This of course is bad news, especially since they plan to release demos that will be available to download. Will 512MB really last the life of the Wii, I don’t think so, I have a 2GB SD Card in mine but how long is it going to be until that is full too?

Buy a 2GB SD card just for the game demos, should they come ( which I really hope they do - its great to play before you buy ).

yea, scroll down lol, i read the part about sega saturn to wii, i had a sega saturn, virtual fighter, street fighter (idk if it was I or II lol it was so long ago :p ) and some cool games for it, hope its true =)

Nfanboy said:
I don't care about HD! HD is stupid and waaay overrated! I could care less about graphics!

So people get over about Wii not having HD!!!!!!!!!!

When the OP said HD he ment "HARD DRIVE" not High Def.

I'd love to see the Wii take more advantage of the SD card slot.... we can only hope they will start using that more.

Well it's their loss, now we'll just have to wait until someone comes up with working USB drivers so we can simply plug in our USB memory sticks or external drives instead of paying Nintendo for an official HDD.

Most people already knew the Wii doesn't have HD, way to be late on the news!

Also from the looks of it your source sucks, sorry.

HD are for idiots, since when did true gamers base their views on games by the graphics. Don't judge a book by it's cover people. Look at super mario, best game ever. Look at halo worst game ever. USE YOUR HEADS!

-BTW wii can go 580i ED with a cable.

Wiitendo said:
HD are for idiots, since when did true gamers base their views on games by the graphics. Don't judge a book by it's cover people. Look at super mario, best game ever. Look at halo worst game ever. USE YOUR HEADS!

-BTW wii can go 580i ED with a cable.

You mean HD "is" for idiots?

Graphics are important, no matter what you think video games will always be visual first thus the video. They're not important as gameplay, but they are important and can really add to the experience.

Also Halo is nowhere near the worst game ever, there are plenty of worse games such as ET, Superman 64, and Big Riggs. Besides Halo isn't that bad, infact it's good, don't hate because they overate.

USE YOUR HEAD

Wiitendo said:

Pffft. I'll admit that Super Mario Bros. is fun, but I won't agree that Halo was the worst game ever... I loved Halo and Halo 2. It was a great game.

I don't have an HDTV so I don't care much about HD systems right now... but graphics do matter.

Wii > Atari 2600

Back