Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No hd for the wii.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by nilsk123, Mar 20, 2007.

1. nilsk123

nilsk123 Banned

No external hard disk for the wii.

Every story about ninty getting a hd out for the wii was just rumor and speculation, and is not true. This came from Nintendo itself.

Source:

www.wiinintendo.net

#1 nilsk123, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    WTF are you talking about? Theres nothing there about HD on the Wii? Just some stuff about RE5 and RE Umbrella...nothing new at all.

3. Nfanboy

Nfanboy Mario Fanatic

I don't care about HD! HD is stupid and waaay overrated! I could care less about graphics!

So people get over about Wii not having HD!!!!!!!!!!

4. nilsk123

nilsk123 Banned

omg, look further then your nose is long please. Scroll down vor 2.1231234 seconds and you'll find, I quote:

After speculation, Nintendo have announced that the so called external hard drive was “pure rumour and speculation” and they have no plans to release such a device.

This of course is bad news, especially since they plan to release demos that will be available to download. Will 512MB really last the life of the Wii, I don’t think so, I have a 2GB SD Card in mine but how long is it going to be until that is full too?

5. stewart01

stewart01 WiiChat Member

Buy a 2GB SD card just for the game demos, should they come ( which I really hope they do - its great to play before you buy ).

6. Solard

Solard WiiChat Member

yea, scroll down lol, i read the part about sega saturn to wii, i had a sega saturn, virtual fighter, street fighter (idk if it was I or II lol it was so long ago :p ) and some cool games for it, hope its true =)

7. Tri

Tri has the power

When the OP said HD he ment "HARD DRIVE" not High Def.

I'd love to see the Wii take more advantage of the SD card slot.... we can only hope they will start using that more.

8. Xasf

Xasf WiiChat Member

Well it's their loss, now we'll just have to wait until someone comes up with working USB drivers so we can simply plug in our USB memory sticks or external drives instead of paying Nintendo for an official HDD.

9. MysticGohan

MysticGohan WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2476-7789-3835-5591
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    i think he means hd as in hard drive! here is the correct link

10. Nfanboy

Nfanboy Mario Fanatic

Oh, you didn't mean High Def? I don't care about High Def.

11. En4Neo

En4Neo Jet-Set-Jesse

Most people already knew the Wii doesn't have HD, way to be late on the news!

Also from the looks of it your source sucks, sorry.

12. Wiitendo

Wiitendo Banned

HD are for idiots, since when did true gamers base their views on games by the graphics. Don't judge a book by it's cover people. Look at super mario, best game ever. Look at halo worst game ever. USE YOUR HEADS!

-BTW wii can go 580i ED with a cable.

13. Wiitendo

Wiitendo Banned

I have a 5 gig, that i got for like 10$ sandisk too, at target. Go get one if your not satisfied with the memory. ~damn geeks.~ -_-

14. En4Neo

En4Neo Jet-Set-Jesse

You mean HD "is" for idiots?

Graphics are important, no matter what you think video games will always be visual first thus the video. They're not important as gameplay, but they are important and can really add to the experience.

Also Halo is nowhere near the worst game ever, there are plenty of worse games such as ET, Superman 64, and Big Riggs. Besides Halo isn't that bad, infact it's good, don't hate because they overate.

USE YOUR HEAD

15. Tri

Tri has the power

Pffft. I'll admit that Super Mario Bros. is fun, but I won't agree that Halo was the worst game ever... I loved Halo and Halo 2. It was a great game.

I don't have an HDTV so I don't care much about HD systems right now... but graphics do matter.

Wii > Atari 2600

16. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

how old are you?

btw read posts before you post

lmao!!! the first sentence explains itself like en4neo spotted out

halo worst game ever, right, even though mario always tried to have the greatest graphics?
    jeeze your such a fanboy that you cant even handle yourself

you and nfanboy get along nicely dont you? and i bet both of you barely play your Wiis (go ahead, deny it)

17. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Seeker

That's a pretty laughable opinion..regardless of whether you're referring to high definition graphics on games or high definition t.v./home movies it's far from overrated. High definition is taking visual stimulus and the overall experience of gaming/movies to a whole new level. By 2009 all t.v. stations are going to be required to record and film with hd cameras, standard definition will cease permanently..the dawn of crystal clear imagery and a much more pristine optical experience awaits us.

18. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Ummnn yeah Nfanboy I'm gonna ask you to stop talking for awhile cuz u sound like an annoying, bratty, 9 year old crying about how graphics don't matter. They do matter to me but not as much as gameplay does. That being said I wouldn't have minded the Wii having HD capabilities. But does it kill me that it doesn't? NO. 480p is alright with me. Hopefully next time around Nintendo will improve in that area. Really you need to calm down...a true fan knows when to critique their company when it deserves it. In the graphical department the Wii is just not as strong as the other console 360 and the machine (PS3). Simple as that...

19. cannon

cannon Nintendo FanBoy

Wii Friend Code: 2011-9992-2025-2233
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Did anyone maybe think that the game demo's will be online and you will be streaming them and you wont have to save them to your wii ??

20. Raij

Raij Wiivern

HD is a lot more fun in 70+ inches