Noob Double Dash Question

mongolloyd

WiiChat Member
Sep 21, 2006
Philadelphia
is there any way to hold items behind you (bananas, shells, fake question marks) like you can in kart 64? i just got dd and can't seem to do it. i used it alot.

Nope. It's impossible. I do remember reading it in a manual ... or forum ... or something Nintendo related, lol.
I can't remember what it said exactly but apparently there's a few new features that make up for it.

mongolloyd said:
is there any way to hold items behind you (bananas, shells, fake question marks) like you can in kart 64? i just got dd and can't seem to do it. i used it alot.

Nope, for some reason its not in this game. It is however, my favorite mario kart game of the series. I for some reason love it.

Yeah, Double Dash is really cool. I espescially love it for the Pro Logic II surround sound and the drifting. All my friends think I'm the drifting king ... seriously all I do is slide around - the only time I don't drift is when I'm on a straight (leading, of course).

They took off the "holding" items cause they let you hold two seperate items simultaneously instead of just one. Driftings alright, but it almost gives you an unfair advantage to those who never played before and/or understand the concept of drifting.

Thanks for your input guys. I was playing last night and i found that when something is being shot at you, right before it gets there a little icon pops up on the bottom showing it coming, then i just shoot back a shell or drop a banana to take out the attack. It's going to be really awesome when a mario kart game comes out w/ online play.

Back