NOVA vs. TERRA

Soundboy

FC 512036953900
Dec 5, 2011
New York
Wii Online Code
1959-5390-1330-7275
I have completed my weapon proficiencies for the Anova, and I've found myself going back to the Terralite. I have found the range to be better, and that I've gotten more kills. My questions are:
1. Is it possible that the ratings that indicate the Anova to be a better gun with more damage and range are actually switched between the Anova and the Terralite?
2. Am I making a mistake by continuing to use the Terralite - is the Anova that much better?

I'd be interested to see if anyone if feeling the same way.

-Johnny Omega
Ω

I am lvl 54 (play as "THE EVIL ONE") and still have loadouts for each. The anova is definitely one of my favorite guns. The anova hits significantly harder than the terralite in most situations - even with HH on the terra. There's no doubt that the anova gives more head shots, and for me, it is also easier to hip-fire with, making it a potent close quarters combat weapon. However, the terralite is more accurate from distance, and more effective silenced. Anything outside "average" kill distance is the anova's weakness. Until you unlock the strata, I would stick with the terralite for larger maps, and waste people with the anova on smaller maps. Another good thing about the anova is that it really doesn't need HH, so you can equip LF instead. Don't get me wrong - the terra is a quality weapon that I used for a long time, but the anova is just more effective for me... You should use whatever racks up the most kills for you.

The Terralite is better with a silencer, and it looks better. So I would use the Terralite unless you're a bad player we uses Anova and Noobtube :(

The problem with the anova is not the gun. the gun i'm convinced is awesome.
the problem: is the game.
You see you need to get to lvl 41 to unlock. (Like i've just done with my second profile.)
Then you need to learn how to play with it. Considering it handles completely different then any other gun imo, this takes a while. Having just unlocked it i'm no good with it since i've grown too used to the sigmus9 and the terralite. Meaning my kill/death ratio has actually gone down. For me the problem lies with the visor. Because you don't overlook the gun when you ads, but look through it, i just can't seem to get my aim right. To overcome this i've been forced to slap on a reflex/acog. Wich make the aim point clearer.

Now that ain't so bad, where it not for the fact that at lvl 45 you get the strata. Which is basically the anova without the hiccups and a decent visor. Seriously the gun hiccups. It is quite fun to put on a thermal scope on it on jungle though.

The Anova is pretty bad ass but the fire rate is to much and has way to much kick. It takes time to get good with it. Youre so use to the Terra that youve become an expert by using it so much but remember when you first got it? Well I did pretty teribly... By the time you max all the pros with the Anova youll be pretty good with it. Like the other guy said its BA @ close quarters and I mastered hipfire with it.

trollface: Glad to see we agree on that one - Anova is a shredder in CCQ. I actually do better with that close in than I even do with shotguns - and I am not bad with those. Just like the anova. Use it with ACOG or laser and it is money. Granted, strata and ivana are better, but Anova is a beast.

I've found the answer to the Anova riddle.
Basically stop playing!

I swear this does the trick.
You see after reaching lvl 41 i was happy, finally a truly good weapon.
And i was right.

The problem was that i was expecting too much.
I was so used to playing with the sigmus9/terra i wanted the anova to handle the exact same way only with a significant faster drop rate. And so i was miffed off when the gun didn't handle like i wanted and almost even gave up on it. Then i had not the time to truly play for a couple of days.

By the time i managed to play again the preset in my brain of how the gun was supposed to handle had dissapeared. And with it my problem in playing with the anova.The gun still has certain drawbacks but so do the others.

Back