Nunchucks are junk

mrgoblueguy

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Just outside of Detroit.
I think I have destroyed my nunchuck. It seems to be off center because my players move when I am not even touching the nunchuck. The menu scrolls nonstop when I play Madden 08 is well. I think it is from me being so hard on it. Can it be fixed or do I just buy another one? Has this happened to you?

This Hasnt Happened To Me. If It Works Like That I Advise You To Buy A New One!:yesnod: What The Hell Were You Doin With It, Slamming It Off Of Walls?!

Hey,

When the Wii is off, wiggle the nunchuck thumb stick around in all directions, then make sure that it is centered. Then turn the wii on -- making SURE that the controller stays in the exact center while the Wii is booting up. Otherwise, if it's off center, the wii will treat the starting position as the center, and that can cause these problems...

Thanks,

Matt!

1)

It happened to my madcatz gamecube controller, it is virtually impossible to play a game with it now, it should be able to get repaired however getting a new one would be a lot easier.

2)

Wiiman, you coded wrong and don't try and act like Prinny.

He is not only a bad example but extremely original.

happened to me in msc..it also used to happen on n64 controllers..if u play with it before u start the game, the direction u were pointing it at will stay until u reconnect the nunchuk or restart the game..happens

no nunchucks cost $15 and blueguy all you need to do is unplug the nunchuckafter you shutdown the wii then reconnect it and dont touch it until the wii fully loads up.

Oh, my bad. A whole $15 dollars. Whatever. :shocked: Off by a full 5 bucks. Just buy a new one and trash the garbage one.

MRCOOLGH said:
no nunchucks cost $15 and blueguy all you need to do is unplug the nunchuckafter you shutdown the wii then reconnect it and dont touch it until the wii fully loads up.

X2

My girlfriend was messing with it while I was starting Madden 08. Same thing happened. The menu just kept scrolling. I was like, "Thanx babe...now I know what you're getting me for Christmas!" Because I thought she'd broken it.

Anyway, I remembered that the same kind of thing happened on N64 and I think playstation too, so I just restarted everything and it worked fine.

Easiest choice is to buy a new Nunchuck. They;re only $20 in the US which is not a lot of money to ask for. While you're picking that up, get a Wii Remote too if you have some spare cash. Sets are always better than one more than the other.

you could try taking it apart and cleanning it and see if its just dirty just a thought though

Back