Wii bit expensive...

cmoney

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
So I purchased Madden and, of course, want to multi-player it. Afterall, what is Madden without multiplayer?

So I consider buying another remote, when I see that in total it's 60 dollars for the remote and nunchuck (that is basically required). Hmm...I want four controllers eventually, but Jesus...that will be near $200 with tax just for the damn remote controls.

Does anyone know if there's any third party companies making some cheapass remotes like they did for N64, GC, etc.

Yeah, the Wii is cheap but then the accesories, then the games, then tax, its becomes expensive.
And I will never buy the Wii because it will probably just become like the DreamCast which was totally cool but was overtaken :(
But dont let my words stop you if the money doesnt :lol:

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Yeah, the Wii is cheap but then the accesories, then the games, then tax, its becomes expensive.
And I will never buy the Wii because it will probably just become like the DreamCast which was totally cool but was overtaken :(

Ya you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Dreamcast didn't bomb, Sega did. And if you think Nintendo will end up even close to what happened to Sega....you obviously need to do some stock/sales research.

Okay well that's a real interesting assertation given A) your nickname and B) you're part of the Wii Newsletter team and C) you've posted over 400 times.

During all of this, you never got a clue? I mean fortunately, not knowing now won't hurt you - since you can get one a year from now I'm sure. It's just silly.

DavidBeoulve said:
A) your nickname and B) you're part of the Wii Newsletter team and C) you've posted over 400 times.

A. I thought I would want to buy the Wii, then I didnt want to. :O
B. I want to see if the Wii becomes a good console:cool:
C. I like forums ;)

Yeah, but wireless 360 controllers cost $50 a piece. And so $60 for a controller with motion control is $10 more, thats how I like to look at it, it puts things in perspective. Also, I'm not sure about ps3 controller prices, but for a premium 360 and the 3 extra controllers is $400+$150=$550+1 game=$610 and a Wii($250)+3 extra controllers, wiimote and nunchuck($180)=$430+1 game($50)=$480 so really it is very cheap when you pair it up against other systems. Now I'm not saying the 360 is bad, I have one and I love it, and I'm not saying $480 is cheap, it's just cheaper when you look at it this way and all that is still less than the premium or low grade ps3, $600 and $500 and they don't even have the controllers or games added into those prices. Oh and a the Wii comes with WiiSports so there ya go.

PS3 controllers are $50 fyi.

And yes VC games are too much, there lucky to even be getting any money for them at all. If you have a PC just download every single one of them for free.

DrYou said:
PS3 controllers are $50 fyi.

And yes VC games are too much, there lucky to even be getting any money for them at all. If you have a PC just download every single one of them for free.

They should charge money for vc games just not as much as they do, and maybe they'll get lower in the future.

I thought PS3 controllers were $50, but I didn't want to put false info up

A. I thought I would want to buy the Wii, then I didnt want to. :O
B. I want to see if the Wii becomes a good console:cool:
C. I like forums ;)

Wussy but beginning with the letter P. Be a man, get a PS3 then G.D. it!!! i'm down with a revolutionary change even if i have to get used to it, and "i like forums?" that was Wiitarded!

Messykitty414 said:
They should charge money for vc games just not as much as they do, and maybe they'll get lower in the future.

I thought PS3 controllers were $50, but I didn't want to put false info up

Well yeah, they don't have to be "free". But it's kinda silly to charge more then I can buy it at my local GameStop for. Since most these games are no longer produced and instead are just bought from Ebay/local stores nintendo makes no more money off of them. If they offered them for free as a feature of the Wii that would sell more Wii and inturn make them more money.

wiiCrazy said:
that was Wiitarded!
And so was that pun.
And look at your username, " wiiCrazy " you are probably " Wiitarded ".
You look like a Wii fanboy with your text under your username, " PS3 will die. ".
Pathectic:(

And so was that pun.
And look at your username, " wiiCrazy " you are probably " Wiitarded ".
You look like a Wii fanboy with your text under your username, " PS3 will die. ".
Pathectic:(

Will you please stop being such a stupid ****ing troll? Go to the PS3 forums, Christ.

Back