Official Baseball Talk

LilWiiWii said:
Braves goin down!
Sorry LilWiiWii I let you slip through the cracks, I dislike the Braves as well, but you can't lie and tell me they aren't a quality team, though they have been very inconsistent this year

S.S. I agree bashing other teams is unnecessary, but it comes with rivalries so, I guess we'll have to live with it. I like to give my friends a hard time when my team beats theirs, like today Padres beat the Dodgers (Most people's favorite team where I'm from, not where I live) 9-4 so I have to rub it in.

Also, your boy absolutely demolished the ball tonight, two homers on his first day back from his sore elbow. Damn. Vlad may very well be a great candidate for AL MVP, while the NL is up in the air. NL Cy young should go to my boy Peavy though, just my biased, but supported opinion. AL might be either Beckett or Sabathia based on their wins/strikeouts/era.

Meh, fair enough I guess.

Oh really?!? That's awesome! I didn't get to see the game last night so thanks for that! I think he deserves MVP but there's always a chance that he won't get it...we'll find out soon enough ^_^

Hah yea, they won 10-5, Vlad murdered one over 400 ft. His swing is violent, but very effective.

Yanks are playing great. They had a decent lead in the wildcard... Boston, time you knock you of of first.. This weekend will be fun!!! GO YANKEES..

WIldcard is OK, but lets get DIVISION!!!!!!!

Sorry Wiitime you're hoping for a collapse from the team who has been the most consistent out of all the AL teams this year, considering your Yankees like to get within what was it 3 or 4 and then drop back down to 7 or 8 back, pretty pathetic from the biggest payroll in the history of sports (disclaimer: I don't know if that is fact, but it sure as hell seems like it) Yes if you didn't guess it, I dislike the Yankees, for many reasons, but yes they have a lot of talent, funny what $200+ million buys you.

I like how the Rockies of all teams swept the Yankees and the Mets earlier this year, does that not tell you something? I think if the Yankees actually had some chemistry they wouldn't win less than 100 games every year, but when all you do is buy talent, no one is out to be a teammate, they're out to showcase themselves, because the NY Yankees get the most face time out of any other team in the MLB.

blueovalboy7 said:
Sorry Wiitime you're hoping for a collapse from the team who has been the most consistent out of all the AL teams this year, considering your Yankees like to get within what was it 3 or 4 and then drop back down to 7 or 8 back, pretty pathetic from the biggest payroll in the history of sports (disclaimer: I don't know if that is fact, but it sure as hell seems like it) Yes if you didn't guess it, I dislike the Yankees, for many reasons, but yes they have a lot of talent, funny what $200+ million buys you.

I like how the Rockies of all teams swept the Yankees and the Mets earlier this year, does that not tell you something? I think if the Yankees actually had some chemistry they wouldn't win less than 100 games every year, but when all you do is buy talent, no one is out to be a teammate, they're out to showcase themselves, because the NY Yankees get the most face time out of any other team in the MLB.
Actually, you've got some really good points there...

blueovalboy7 said:
Hah yea, they won 10-5, Vlad murdered one over 400 ft. His swing is violent, but very effective.
AWESOME! Yeah, you can tell by his swing (especially when you actually GO to the games) that as soon as he hits the sweet spot it's outta there. Not very consistent, but definately powerful.

S.S. said:
Actually, you've got some really good points there...
I like to be educated on topics I enjoy, so I like to spread around what I know. :D

AWESOME! Yeah, you can tell by his swing (especially when you actually GO to the games) that as soon as he hits the sweet spot it's outta there. Not very consistent, but definately powerful.
Yea, when he connects you aren't catching it. He just blasts the ball. 18-6 win tonight, damn they've just demoralized the O's.

On a side note, where did all this power and consistency come from with Garrett Anderson? I know he used to be a very quality player, he just hadn't made any noise in the past couple years and now he's having a great finish to this season.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Other then the Marlins, I'm rooting for the Padres at this point for the playoffs. Khalil Greene was a Senior at my high school my freshmen year.

GO CONCHS
That's pretty cool, my High School is Lame, no one worth recognition has come from it. Padres not having a good night though, go figure, Germano is garbage, when will they realize it.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
I like to be educated on topics I enjoy, so I like to spread around what I know. :D
Well that's good, cuz to be honest, I don't know much about stats and stuff...bad memory =P

blueovalboy7 said:
Yea, when he connects you aren't catching it. He just blasts the ball. 18-6 win tonight, damn they've just demoralized the O's.
Ah, feels like the old days when I was little and the ANAHEIM Angels (none of this LAAA BS =P) won a LOT! ^_^

blueovalboy7 said:
On a side note, where did all this power and consistency come from with Garrett Anderson? I know he used to be a very quality player, he just hadn't made any noise in the past couple years and now he's having a great finish to this season.
I'm not sure if even HE knows...but it's good to know he's back to his old self! I had taken a few years from watching ANY sports and when I came back he and Mike Scioscia (I hate the manager's name...could it be spelled any more difficult?) were the only names I recognized...so it's good to know he's back in action =D

MDS106091216_800x600.jpg

NATIONALS AT MARLINS, SEPT 12, 2007 (click to enlarge)

Paid Attendance: 10,000
Estimated Attendance at First Pitch: 400

Last edited:
OH. MY. ****ING. GOD.

Who would honestly pay and then not show up? Even if the team's not doing well it's fun to just go! Jeezus >_<

Wow, that's what happens when two teams in the cellar of the NL play each other in a city that loves their football much more than their baseball.

Back