Official Baseball Talk

blueovalboy7 said:
Angels squeaked out a 2-1 win over the Chi Sox. Not too bad eh? S.S.
Not bad at all ^_^ They pretty much started out with that score and then managed to maintain it all the way through, so the end of the game was pretty uneventful =P

Wii-Fi said:
It's sad to think that the Marlins won the world series 4 years ago. Now no one goes to the games. What a bunch of fair weather fans. Well props to you BLS although i have no idea why people don't see ur team. They're very good for the little money they get to spend. Josh Willingham is my favorite player. Anyways i think the Marlins along w/every other sports team in florida should leave. D rays, Heat(watch when Shaq leaves the fans go with him).

Even the dolphins Blackout games because they don't sellout. The Marlins do well with fans when it comes to tv ratings. The Fish are 15th or so in that department every season. The fans just don't want to go to the games. I think the new stadium will ease that problem, especially with the roof.

*shudders at thought of the Angels dumb name* Seriously, who decided to change it to LAA? >_<

And iono, they woulda been tied even without that error, so the game woulda dragged on and nobody woulda scored for a REALLY long time...and once they did it woulda prolly been the Angels anyway cuz, while both teams played poorly, the Sox played poorlyer (it's a word now xD)

Only way the Marlins will get a new Stadium is if the fans show up to their current one, TV ratings suggest that they do something, because with what you said there are fans they're just either too lazy/too busy to go to the game. I agree a new stadium w/retractable roof like how the Diamondbacks have would benefit them in the long run its just about financing it. Also with how small their payroll is they play very well, having the 2nd lowest payroll in baseball.

Here's some interesting information for you guys on the payrolls of your team. http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2007/4/9/1367/60158

I agree with S.S. and you also Dakuda the Angels should have left it with either California Angels or the Anaheim Angels, because it isn't in L.A. and for a while they were saying the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, I mean come on now, that's redundant and stupid. Another reason I hate L.A. besides the traffic and the overall demeanor of the population.

On a side note, Padre's won again, but what can you expect, playing the garbage Giants. BLS your team couldn't keep it together for today's game, but oh well. S.S. and Dakuda your boys battled it out again, but the Chi Sox prevailed. Cubs won, but Brewers also did, so no ground gained for your boys Wii-Fi. I think I covered everybodys teams that actually posts here, if not I'll update for you if you don't know.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm a happy Padre fan again, 3-0 over the lowly pirates and the D'backs lost again so the NL west lead is down to 1 game.

Looks like the Cubs are hitting their stride again with another win, but unfortunately the Brewcrew won as well. Good stuff don't you think Wii-fi?

Looks like the Angels are going to win tonight S.S. although there is a lot of game left, they're playing Tampa, so...yea.

Unfortunately BLS the Marlins came up against the Braves who are, as I've stated before, a quality team and they came out on top.

Dakuda your boys whooped on the Royals which is to be expected.

Haha, yea why was Zambrano pitching on 3 days rest Wii-Fi?

As for BLS, ok then, just big rivals to all of florida?

Hey, so how long do you think Dave Mathews Jr will be out BOB? (haha BlueOvalBoy=BOB xD) I know it's indefinately but you know your stuff. How long should it take him to heal?

How sweet would it be if my name was Bob, but oh well.

Well it threw me off when you said Dave Matthews Jr. I think you meant Gary Matthews Jr. and from what I've heard/read it looks like he'll be out for a week at the least, and they don't want to risk him furthering his ankle sprain so I wouldn't expect him back until wednesday or thursday of next week at the earliest. Also noticed that they're not chancing Vlad by keeping him at the DH, good call by the manager, IMO.

Back