Official Q & A Thread

Topsy kretts said:
wow i understand some of it ahah im still trying to understand it better though....IM me wenever your on and help me raise my pokemon :D ahhaah

I am always on Aim- Strype McClaine

Here are a few Great 3 man battle tower teams, and the records that they attained (with their creators)

Jumpman's 462 wins said:
Cresselia@Choice Scarf ** Wind Chime
EVs: 252HP / 252Spd / 4SpD
Nature: Bold
~ Trick
~ Thunder Wave
~ Reflect
~ Flash

Latios @ Leftovers ** unban me
EVs: 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spd
Nature: Timid
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
~ Rest

Scizor@Sitrus Berry ** MEGA MAN X
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 84HP / 252Atk / 172Spd
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance

TRE's 330 win streak said:
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 6HP, 252SpA, 252Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Counter
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252HP, 252Def, 6SpD
-Seismic Toss
-Counter
-Aromatherepy
-Softboiled

Froslass @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Cloak
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 150HP, 4Def, 248SpA, 108Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond

and a simple team

Fasthippo said:
Hippowdon Impish @Focus Sash

181/130/150/77/124/99 I ev'd it for Speed/252 and Spdef/244

Yawn
Stealth Rock
Slack Off
Earthquake

Garchomp Jolly @Lum Berry (I used many different ones, settled on Persim, switched to Lum when Hippo switched)

183/181/115/78/96/169 ev'd for Att/244 and Speed/252

Substitute
Swords Dance
Outrage
Earthquake

Lucario Modest @Choice Scarf

144/105/91/183/91/134 ev'd for SpAtt/252 and Speed/192

Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power Ice 68
Psychic

Here are a few to get you started with....some of the reccord setting teams from smogon....

1. Jumpman16 (462*) - Cresselia, Latios, Scizor; Jumpman16 (321) - Lopunny, Latios, Lucario; Jumpman16 (203) – Starmie, Tyranitar, Garchomp

2. Peterko (459) - Latios, Skarmory, Snorlax; Peterko (173) – Starmie, Garchomp, Snorlax; Peterko (146) – Garchomp, Azelf, Snorlax

3. Team Rocket Elite (330) – Gengar, Blissey, Froslass; Team Rocket Elite (177) - Metagross, Gengar, Blissey

4. FastHippo (311) - Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lucario; FastHippo (227) - Hippowdon, Garchomp, Larpras
5. garo (276) - Rotom, Registeel, Dragonite
6. No One411 (273) - Rotom/Smeargle/Gengar, Garchomp, Lucario/Suicune/Zapdos
7. shipship (267) - Tyranitar, Garchomp, Bronzong
8. Arceus thrasher (258) - Garchomp, Azelf, Snorlax
9. Ranz (254) - Garchomp, Suicune, Spiritomb
10. Zracknel (232) - Gengar, Metagross, Slaking
11. Everstone (223) - Metagross, Suicune, Garchomp
12. DeLorean (212) - Salamence, Gengar, Lucario
13. cmg474 (211) - Zapdos, Tyranitar, Garchomp
14. venom prince91 (210*) - Starmie, Tyranitar, Garchomp
15. EeveeTrainer (203*) - Cresselia, Latios, Scizor
16. zerowing (198) - Abomasnow, Froslass, Gyarados
17. Hakio (189) - Dragonite, Azelf, Tangrowth
18. M4GNITUDE (184) - Azelf, Metagross, Gyarados
19. AhrenElessedil (180) - Rotom, Registeel, Latias
20. kingofgames (177) – Machamp, Cresselia, Spiritomb
21. lockon (175) – Gengar, Breloom, Latios
22. Garchomp of the Funk (168*) – Garchomp, Bronzong, Latios
23.-26. valir (165) – Swellow, Weezing, Bronzong
23.-26. DougJustDoug (165) - Starmie, Tyaranitar, Garchomp
23.-26. Carl (165) - Wobbuffet, Gengar, Lucario
23.-26. eppie (165) – Cresselia, Scizor, Latios; eppie (154) – Lopunny, Lucario, Latios
27. BeachBoy (164) - Uxie, Garchomp, Scizor
28. wtansley (162) - Azelf, Breloom, Cresselia
29. nygerman (161*) - Latios, Garchomp, Blissey
30. Gungnir85 (155) – Swellow, Gengar, Cresselia

Just to get you started with a few ideas. The real moral of the story is use 3 overpowered dudes.
Dont feel bad for useing garchomp...or azelf...or gengar, just, do it.

Jolly SubDance Chomp
Spore/Sub/SeedBomb/FocusPunch Breloom
Standard Cress

Question!
Who's leg do you have to hump to get a battle going?

Hmm... ok 2 questions-

1.Were & how do you get a mew with PkMn diamond, leaf green, And saphire?
2.Were & how do you get a spirittomb in Diamond?

Mew is unobtainable in any of the pokemon games unless you cheat, take advantage of glitches( Red, Blue, and Yellow only), or attend an official pokemon event, which lets you download Mew.

You obtain Spiritomb in Diamond and Pearl by first finding the key item, the "Odd Keystone". Unfortunatly, I can't remember where you can find them... If you don't have one already, go into the underground and dig into the walls to find one, although they're a bit rare.

Once you've obtained an Odd Keystone, you need to talk to 32 people in the Underground - however, the hikers don't count, you need to talk to actual people on wi-fi, so you'll need a friend. You can get around this by entering the underground, talking to the person, exitting, and repeating 32 times. Each time you enter and exit, it counts as talking to one more person.

Once you've done this, you need to take the Odd Keystone to route 209, and find a pile of rubble at the lower right side of the route, directly below Solaceon town. Walk up to the pile of rubble and click A on it to insert the Odd Keystone, and if you've talked to people 32 times in the underground, Spiritomb will appear. I'm pretty sure it's at a low level, probably somewhere between 10 and 30, so bring one strong pokemon, and a few pokemon that get progressively weaker to catch it. And don't forget to save before inserting the Odd Keystone!

Aside from trading, there's no other way to obtain a Spiritomb. Luckily, if you've fought the Champion who has a Spiritomb, you may be able trade for one on GTS. Annoying to get it, no?

EDIT: I just remembered where to find the Keystone! You have to go to Hearthome City and go left, entering the route east of it. Go straight down and to the left, and you'll see a Black Belt dude. Talk to him, and he'll give you the Odd Keystone.

Crap! i got the odd keystone, but i already put it in the pillar thing... without talking... to anyone!

does that mean i cant get one?

What is an ev?

Thats really complecated, and I dont fully understand it... but heres how i look at it... you have around 500 'points' to use on making your pokemon stronger. You can use these 'points' in which ever stat you want them in and raise them.

You get ev's by battling a certian way, and by using vitamins [protien,calcium,etc.]
Im pretty sure every stat point you gain this way is 4 ev's, and once you've used all of them, you cant gain anymore stats.
-----
feel free to correct me, cuz im not 100% sure.

Crap! i got the odd keystone, but i already put it in the pillar thing... without talking... to anyone!

does that mean i cant get one?

Oh, no worries. You can put it in before or after you talk to 32 people, so you're still in the clear. :thumbsup: Sorry for worrying you. :lol: On a side note, did you know you can get more than one Odd Keystone, if you mine in the Underground? You can also breed Spiritomb, so once you get one, you never need to worry again.

What is an ev?

EV is short for Effort Value. Effort Values are "points" your pokemon gain from battling. These points when added up, increase the stats of the pokemon that battled. Simple, right?

There's a lot more to Effort Values though, if you want to know more, just ask. I don't want to overload you with too much information though, I had a hard time grasping Effort Values at first, actually.

Back