Official Q & A Thread

How much EV's will my elekid gain? I gave it a power anklet cuz I wanna EV train him in attck and speed, It is lvl 1, remember, and then I put it in front of my party, switch out, kill the staravia which gives out 2 EV's, but it grows to lvl 5!!!! so how much speed EV's does it gain? I shut my DS off cuz I didn't know what to do.....

WuddlePook said:
I prefer Heatran over Infernape, but you'll most likely be getting into no legends matches and all that crap so go with ape for your sake.

Psychic would be an obvious Alakazam since you aren't really open to options. You can work with Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie if you want to also.
aww thats gey, what are they a bunch of wussies..anyways, ill just put my ape in daycare =/

fezman said:
alrite thanks for the help people:)
im off to make a dangerous salamece:)
but salamance aint the fastest dragon. If u wanted a dangerous dragon, u could have gone for a Jolly Garchomp, that holds life orb and has sword dance, now thats a beast

Slimi said:
How much EV's will my elekid gain? I gave it a power anklet cuz I wanna EV train him in attck and speed, It is lvl 1, remember, and then I put it in front of my party, switch out, kill the staravia which gives out 2 EV's, but it grows to lvl 5!!!! so how much speed EV's does it gain? I shut my DS off cuz I didn't know what to do.....

well as it was in the front of ur party it will gain +4 from the power anklet and +2 from stravaria, so in total it has gained +6. If u had pokerus aswell, then its +12 (As pokerus doubles EV's). However you could easily speed up ur EV traning by facing a fisherman near eterna city (named andrew, thanks danny :thumbsup:) and he has 6 magikarp (+1) but with the power anklet it is +5 on each magikarp. And with pokerus its +10 on each magikarp.

Hope ive cleared a few things up for u

Last edited:
Slimi said:

Fighting Staravia you'll get 2EPs on speed, if you equip your poké with the Anklet, 4EPs more, if it has PokéRus the total will multiplied by two.

This is the equation.
Fight Staravia:

(2EPs Staravia + 4EPs Anklet)*2 PKRS = 12EPs

Experience doesn't matter, you need to max your points, when you're done you'll get the Ribbon, the same one if you're at lv5 or at lv80.

Take a look on the EV-Guide for more information.

daNnYshoTs said:
Fighting Staravia you'll get 2EPs on speed, if you equip your poké with the Anklet, 4EPs more, if it has PokéRus it will multiplied by two.

This is the equation.
Fight Staravia:

(2EPs Staravia + 4EPs Anklet)*2 PKRS = 12EPs

Experience doesn't matter, you need to max your points, when you're done you'll get the Ribbon, the same one if you're at lv5 or at lv80.

Take a look on the EV-Guide for more information.
Oh! I get it now, but iit didn't say anything about that in the EV guide, well I didn't see it, thanks

If anyone has EV training spot questions, ask me if you want I guess, I've EV trained 1-2 Pokemon everyday for the past 6 days :).

I always train with Andrew, sometimes with a Roselia collector ...but Magikarps, you all know what Magikaprs do..... splash, splash, and splash!!

I EV'd my Togepi with Magikarps, it's easy, Daycare, PokéRus, Power Items.
That's my Master Training. Easy and very Effective.

Ayo said:
but salamance aint the fastest dragon. If u wanted a dangerous dragon, u could have gone for a Jolly Garchomp, that holds life orb and has sword dance, now thats a beast
yeah but iaint gonna specifically train my salamence as a physical sweeper.
im gonna make him a mixed sweeper.
after i get his speed a little high im gonna train his attack. yeah i've already done all that stuff with my garchomp except for the sword dance... im thinking of restarting my garchomp cuz i didnt really EV train it too much so im gonna make a new one with higher attack:)

ok here's my team under construction

Lickilicky-
wring out(thinking of making it learn gyro ball instead)
supersonic
attract(yes i will make people fall in love with my little german pig:))
power whip

Jolteon-
thunder wave
thunder bolt
attract
extreme speed(i love egg groups)/or thuunder

Dusknoir-leftovers
will-o-wisp
shadow sneak
pain split
shadow punch

Salamence- focus sash/ concentration band
dragon dance
fire fang
brick break
dragon claw

-------------------
this is my sort of combination duo

Tyranitar-
Earthquake
payback
avalanche
thunder fang

Garchomp-life orb
double team( after tyranitar is fainted or something, the sandstorm will still be around so garchomp's sand veil will increase evasiveness even more)
dragon rush
dig
fire fang

so is this a good enough team? wat should be changed?

fezman said:
so is this a good enough team? wat should be changed?

:yikes: This is not "Rate my Team" Thread,
I think you should go there if you want to get an answer..
and follow the rules.. of course!! :) :yesnod:

fezman you should've opsted that on team rater thread..
oh and how do you get to magikarps? I can't seem to find him

Back