orb 2.0

callme.nasty

Account Suspended
Jan 2, 2007
PA
just have some questions on this. i tried searching, but it said it was too common of a word. i mainly want to know if i can transfer full length movies from my computer to my wii. if so, if someone could help me out on doing this, that'd be great.

If you have the movie file on your computer, you can watch it through Orb on your Wii.

Or if you have an SD card, you can put it on that and watch it in the photo channel. If it isn't the correct format, you can download a program called Wii Video 9 and it'll convert it.

Bryan_ said:
If you have the movie file on your computer, you can watch it through Orb on your Wii.

Or if you have an SD card, you can put it on that and watch it in the photo channel. If it isn't the correct format, you can download a program called Wii Video 9 and it'll convert it.

i clicked the i'm at home button under download. was this the correct thing to do? and once it's downloaded, how do i get the movie onto my wii?

Once Orb is running on your PC, go to your Wii's browser and log into Orb..

On your PC, go to My Documents (Start -> My Documents) and put your movie files in "My Videos." Same goes for mp3 files if you want to play them through Orb, you'd put them in "My Music."

thanks i figured it out. this this is amazing. can't believe i didn't try this out before. Is there any way i could get the videos so they don't have to load every time though? or only with an SD card...?

No way that I know. I'm sure it can only be done with an SD card.

I just bought an SD card today and when I got home I realized I don't have a way to put stuff from my computer on to the SD card.. @_@ Is there an easy way I don't know of..?

Does Orb Download the your files from the net (PC -> Net -> Wii) or does it access it across the Home Network? I am curious because I don't want to eat up my Download Limit.

it dls of the net... i think it would have too, i know you could hack it somehow though

what video format does the wii use? nvm it's motion jpg

Andrakis_Scarr said:
Does Orb Download the your files from the net (PC -> Net -> Wii) or does it access it across the Home Network? I am curious because I don't want to eat up my Download Limit.

no it accesses it over your home network i think. it has to. when i open up full movies on my wii it doesn't even have to load. it couldn't go that fast if it had to download.

Bryan_ said:
No way that I know. I'm sure it can only be done with an SD card.

I just bought an SD card today and when I got home I realized I don't have a way to put stuff from my computer on to the SD card.. @_@ Is there an easy way I don't know of..?

Some PC's have card readers built into the front panel, if not then just buy a card reader. They'll normally support most card types and are pretty cheap aswell.

As for Orb, i cant seem to get it to stream through my network, no matter what i try it just using my net connection :wtf:

Back