Pain Is weird

Brownies

\\Slash Bros.//
Jul 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2970-3563-4519-6293
wow rlly, this **** is carzy

i get little paper cuta and bites from my dog and they hurt alot but today i busted my eyebrow open a 2 inch gash and i didnt feel a thing its been 12 houres with no pain and no hospital n no drugs but i didnt feel it wtf lol?

yeah....samething happen to me but i got impaled by a nail in between my hand and my elbow.......didnt feel a thing.....until i took it out :lol:

i know. i stub my toe and it hurts like hell but when my friend accidentally punches me in the face causing a 1 inch cut in my forehead with blood everywhere it doesnt hurt until a few days later. i think it has something to do with adrenalin or something

Exactly I despise paper cuts. When I broke my wrist. ( due to a quadding accident) no pain. That's good though cause I had a long walk back to my house.

i was dropped 17 ft shattered my fibula and compoundly dislocated my tibia felt fine until i woke up after surgery........dang endorphines.....and suspension creates a feeling of euphoria........

(Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY THIS!!!)
I was jumping on my trampoline when it was raining, decided to try a double frontflip with only 1 warm up jump. Did it, but the mat was wet, and I did the mother****ing splits. (has sour look on face)
Most painfull thing ever. Hurt for days...
BUT!!! I was helping install a chain link fence one day, I run to go help my bud cuz he was having trouble and all I hear is (riiiip) the damn fence is so sharp that when I was running I just barely brush up against the end of it and it cut my arm a good 5 1/2 long... Kinda deep, but it didnt hurt a bit.

Roller blading one time down a street and my friend was going to slow in front of me, so I tried to pass him and ended up falling onto a thick root sticking out, ripped a pretty deep long line under my right leg. Still see the scar today and its been a few years.

I cut my leg 4 inches deep and it didnt hurt but I was running down a hill and tripped and scraped my hands and legs and it stung really bad.

I was scootering down a big hill when BAM! I hit a rock and hit my elbow on a rock. Dammnnnnnnnnnn it hurt! Then I got home and my hip kinda hurt to walk, so I look at it, 6 inch gash. All I felt was my elbow hitting grass from top of a ditch, while my hip slid down pavement.

LOL one time when I was pretty young my dad and my brother were playing basketball and the ball rolled under a trailer that was pretty low to the ground, and I was skinny then so I could crawl under it where neither of them could so they told me to go get the ball. I crawled under the trailer and grabbed it and they continued to play while I watched them. Then when they were done and they were putting stuff away my dad walked passed and saw that my hair was all wet so he stuck his hand in it to see why it was wet and it was all bloody. I guess I had cut the top of my head on something that was hanging down from the bottom of the trailer. They were going to take me to the hospital, but I couldn't feel any pain so they decided not to.

Gah, chav's... you should of told him the car boot sale down the road had a sale on:rolleyes:

I have had a few experiences with pain, the most recent was a few weeks ago, I was playing football and my friend (rather big for a 13 year old, muscles and such) well he plays for a team, in the academy for a really good team, well it was one end of the pitch, he kicked the ball has hard as he could to clear, but i was there, right in my face, vision was blurry and had a redface where the ball had hit, yet no pain.

But the day before that someone fell on my wrist (which i broke a year ago) and it hurt like hell.

Weird, but maybe aderenalin.

I wasn't expecting the person falling on me, I was just chilling and but with the football I had spent the last hour running about getting took down anyway.

Last edited:
yeah, it happens

Tip:
if you have a nail or peice of glass in you, do NOT remove it!

DRMARIO said:
You're right, I'm almost sure it's adrenaline that causes you to react the way you do.

I once lost control of my bicycle when I was younger, because I was trying to avoid this guy who just seemed to appear, and my bike flipped, and I went head first into saome railings. I remember waking up with a load of people looking down on me, and blood was blurring my vision, but I felt no pain whatsoever.

And then another time, I'd found a dog who'd got lost, so I had the dog under my arm, and I was heading home to phone the RSPCA to come pick it up, and I got attacked by a chav who I'd had experiences with several times before.
I'd told him in the past exactly what I though of him, and that I look down on him as a sad pathetic child trying to gain 'respect' from all the other scumbags he hangs around with, and is really so insecure that he has to prove himself all the time.

So anyway, he headbutted me and broke my nose >.<
WHILST I had a young pup under my arm.

The point of this is that I didn't feel pain either in that experience.

(I'm really not too fussed about the broken nose, I'm getting a nose job in a year or two anyway >.<)

Surprisingly, in Liverpool, chavs only attack other chavs or old people. Maybe that's because I'm a girl and go to a girls' school so don't know any male chavs. >_>

Pain, is subjective. If we don't realise a cut is there, it won't bother us, unless it's damn freakin' large, but as soon as we look at it, we panic. We panic at the sight of blood, and think it has to hurt. Now you're aware of it, it damn well hurts.

It doesn't depend on adrenalin at all, it's a connection from oxygen to your brain, if I do believe so. Cutting off the oxygen to your brain would leave you like a zombie, but you will be able to endure large amounts of physical pain. There are some, mental, side effects to that though, mainly narcassism. Ataraxia is the state where you focus only on pleasure and eliminate the other side of things, meaning suffering, that's what the Greeks thought to believe. You can still achieve that state of mind by putting a bag over your head, but I wouldn't advise it.

My good friend Wikipedia said:
Ataraxia (Ἀταραξία) is a Greek term used by Pyrrho and Epicurus for freedom from worry or any other preoccupation, and for Epicurus to achieve Hêdonê, the great pleasure.

For the Stoics, ataraxia was synonymous with the only true happiness possible for a person. It signifies the detached and balanced state of mind that shows that a person has transcended the material world and is now harvesting all the comforts of philosophy.

So, it's basically like monks who train themselves not to feel pain. I wish I was a monk. Then I'd be a guy and wouldn't have periods.

Then again, I haven't really endured large amounts of physical pain because I'm not much into the idea of killing myself.

Yeah some guy just randomly shot me 4 times in the head I only felt the first one a little

DRMARIO said:
Adrenaline still has a major part in a majorty of subjects connected to pain.

For instance, say your getting ripped to shreds by a crocodile, Adrenaline kicks in. That's a reason it's there.

Yeah, adrenalin triggers our reflexes more and lets us belt out of that crocodile pit.

Back