Pitfall Help needed

I'm stuck in the turtle in turtle monument it says to use the heroic dive but it doesn't seem to work....ANY suggestions.. Thanks

Can you see where you're trying to go? If not, use your Torch or turn up the brightness on your TV (the latter is a good idea on any dark level in this game). If you go right up to the edge and Heroic Dive, you should get across the gap. Make sure you hit the button while you're shaking the nunchuk (i.e., don't do one and then the other). You're essentially supposed to jump while doing a Heroic Dash, if that helps.

I am trying to get to the last vine on both the flooded courtyard and the renegade village and I can not reach either of them. What am I doing wrong??? I got out of the flooded courtyard, but can not get out of the renegade village and go anywhere important it seems. Please advise. I can get up to the switch in the courtyard, but can not get to the opening wthout grabbing that last vine. I also can not reach the last two renengades up high. Can you actually get to them or are they just pests?

Thanks for any help one can give me.

I am trying to get to the last vine on both the flooded courtyard and the renegade village and I can not reach either of them. What am I doing wrong??? I got out of the flooded courtyard, but can not get out of the renegade village and go anywhere important it seems. Please advise. I can get up to the switch in the courtyard, but can not get to the opening wthout grabbing that last vine. I also can not reach the last two renengades up high. Can you actually get to them or are they just pests?

I don't entirely follow which spot in the Flooded Courtyard is giving you trouble. Could you describe what you're trying to do there? Obviously you got through to the Monkey Temple, came back again, and then passed on to the Twin Outposts, because you can't have reached the Renegade Fort without doing all of that first. There are two sets of vines in the Flooded Courtyard, hence why I ask what you were trying to do.

The Renegade Fort is a pain. You should be able to kill all the renegades in there without too much trouble, and I recommend doing that before trying to go to the next level because otherwise they just get in the way. One of them is guarding an Explorer. Try either a Heroic Dive to his platform, or else stand way over on the corner before double-jumping to him.

To get to the next level, you need to swing up to where the lever is. This is where it's tricky.
Turn around to face the rope before you throw the lever. Then throw the lever and Heroic Dive to the rope. Don't waste any time swinging back and forth, moving up and down, or aiming—get on the rope, swing the one time, then SINGLE-JUMP off the rope and then immediately double-jump in mid-air. This should get you to the first platform. Immediately turn to the right and jump to the next platform, turn to the right again, and double-jump to the second rope. Quickly rotate to your left and do the same "singe-jump then double-jump in mid-air" to get to where the gate is. Remember that you can roll under the gate if needed.

It took me over two hours of trying over and over again to get through there the first time I played the game. I hated that level.

Note that the Shaman in the Renegade Fort
is accessed from the last platform where you jump to the rope that gets you to the gate. If you look down to the far wall, you'll see a grassy area. If you Heroic Dive over to there, you'll see a hole. Roll through the hole and you'll find the Shaman on another ledge above where the mud crocodiles are. (If you then go back through the hole, as opposed to just jumping off the ledge, be prepared for two renegades to attack you as soon as you emerge.)
Rescue the Explorer before you go to this Shaman.

Note, also, that the Explorer in the next level (Renegade Headquarters) cannot be rescued until you have TNT. So if you want, you could leave the Explorer and the Shaman at the Renegade Fort until later and just blow up all the renegades with TNT then! :eek:

thank you 1955hoo>>>> I am in Butterfly Glade and I cant seem to get all of the butterflies... if someone can help>>> thanks

wiibirdy - Personally I found the Renegade Fort to be the most challenging. Well, that and when you become a penguin, which I'm guessing you wouldn't have reached yet.

wiibirdy - Personally I found the Renegade Fort to be the most challenging. Well, that and when you become a penguin, which I'm guessing you wouldn't have reached yet.

I agree, Renegade Fort is the most difficult. The Native Games also drove me nuts.

I have the raft and it said to go to the crash site but I can't seem to find anything or confused as to where to go... If someone could help that would be great.... thanks

Once you have the raft, you should be able to just paddle right out of the cavern - and if I remember correctly you end up splashing down at the original crash site (the place where you first had to jump over the gators). You can then paddle behind the waterfall to the electrified lake, since the raft is what you need to cross it.

Thank you... I am actually @ the original crash site I back tracked.. So I am assuming I have 2 go back 2 where my raft took me after I got the raft..

Actually I think the next place you go from the crash site is through the electrified lake (on the raft).

Back