Pitfall Help needed

Same here 1995hoo. I have the Mountain Sled Game saved as its own level in the saved games. It took me a while before I realized there's an alternate path you can take to get the idol.

Do you remember how to get out of the Flooded Cave? This is the one you enter by the poisonous plants at the camp. I get to some shafts of sunlight, which seem to lead the way out, but I'm not able to leave from there or find any further route to take.
Thanks.

The Flooded Cave is disorienting. I've gone through it in both directions and I still sometimes wind up getting turned around so that I end up back at the wrong end where I started. Coming from Bittenbinder's Camp, the exit for the Renegade Fort is at a higher "altitude" (I guess "less deep underground" is the more accurate way to put it) than the entrance from Bittenbinder's Camp. Problem is that it's hard to describe where it is because I blunder around every time I go in there until I get it. After you pass the electric eels there is a place where you have to swim up a short way, then continue ahead. Unfortunately the lighting in there seems designed to trick you. Essentially the best I can offer is that you'll hit a wall and have to swim upwards, then go through another opening, then finally you'll find your way out.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. You can definitely get through there and it is a great shortcut, but it's disorienting (and if yours is like mine, the up and down controls work in reverse underwater, I guess because "down" is more in the nature of "backwards" in relation to which way Harry is facing).

I'll give it a shot. I do not have to use any special moves to get in? Just kick as normal walking......Man do I feel stupid. I have ran into it, rolled into it, "slammed" it, shot it with the slingshot.....

Once again........Thanks

I'll give it a shot. I do not have to use any special moves to get in? Just kick as normal walking......Man do I feel stupid. I have ran into it, rolled into it, "slammed" it, shot it with the slingshot.....

Once again........Thanks

I think it may have been a spin-kick like you do to knock down a tree. The hole is all the way down at ground level, if that helps, so maybe it's possible to use the slingshot on it. I never tried that—I just recall kicking out the hole there. (Problem is that if I want to go turn on the Wii to verify how I did it, I'd have to start all over at the beginning because my saved games are all at later points. Sorry.)

Thanks!! I'll give it a try and go from there. I am hoping that I have not missed the raft or pick axe by going the wrong way, but I will soon see.

Once again, thanks.

Thanks!! I'll give it a try and go from there. I am hoping that I have not missed the raft or pick axe by going the wrong way, but I will soon see.

Once again, thanks.

If you haven't yet visited Cavern Lake, you haven't missed either of those. Cavern Lake is where you get the Raft, and you need that before you can get the Pickaxes.

Thanks! I'll give it a go. Hoping to not have to bug anymore, but I won't hold my breath.

Turtle Monument Explorer

I am probalby missing a simple solution :mad2:- but how in the world do you resuce the explorer in the turtle monuments head behind the green wall? I have broken his "cage" but cannot get to him quick enough before the wall goes back up. Thanks!

I am probalby missing a simple solution :mad2:- but how in the world do you resuce the explorer in the turtle monuments head behind the green wall? I have broken his "cage" but cannot get to him quick enough before the wall goes back up. Thanks!

It's been awhile since I have played but there is a native in the room w you. If you notice he will follow you around the room, you need to get him to stand where you stand to make the green wall go down... he will stay long enough to rescue the explorer.. Hope that helps

It's been awhile since I have played but there is a native in the room w you. If you notice he will follow you around the room, you need to get him to stand where you stand to make the green wall go down... he will stay long enough to rescue the explorer.. Hope that helps

^^^^ This. The native is one of those Bush Natives and he's hiding in an urn on the right side of the room. Smash his urn but don't kill him. He'll follow you around as long as your back is to him. Lead him onto the little button thing (don't stand on it yourself) and then stop. The button thing will sink and the Bush Native will be stuck there.

I have not gotten to play in a while and am stuck in the Scorpion Temple. I can see to drop the "rocks" on him to disorient him, but I can not sting him. It says to shake teh remote to sting him, but I am still on the ceiling and can not reach him. How do I get down to him? Please help if you can.

I have not gotten to play in a while and am stuck in the Scorpion Temple. I can see to drop the "rocks" on him to disorient him, but I can not sting him. It says to shake teh remote to sting him, but I am still on the ceiling and can not reach him. How do I get down to him? Please help if you can.

I just responded to your PM, but in case anyone else asks, you have to run down the wall and then across the floor. I've always found that the controls seem to be reversed when running down/up the walls in there—down seems to be up and up seems to be down (maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're facing down the wall? same thing happens when you swim underwater). Once you've run across the floor to where he is, shake the remote to sting him, then run back up to the ceiling to start again.

Hi--I am stuck in the penguin den trying to swing to the second rope and cannot do it. i try double jumping but it just seems that the ropes are too far apart. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

Hi--I am stuck in the penguin den trying to swing to the second rope and cannot do it. i try double jumping but it just seems that the ropes are too far apart. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

It's been awhile since I visited that level (or indeed played the game), but I recall two things about the Penguin Den. First, to use the ice islands you have to SINGLE-jump and spin-kick them, just like you did with the stalagmites back in the underground tunnel when you first got the Torch way back when. If you double-jump, you can't spin-kick. I assume you succeeded in that part if you've reached the ropes.

Second, if you have trouble jumping from one rope to another on any level, try this: Single-jump off the rope and then, right before Harry is about to fall, single-jump again. Somehow you can jump in mid-air. I've found that this sometimes seems to help if I ever have trouble jumping from rope to rope (or vine to vine).

Back