Plasma TV?

brewboy

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2007
We have the Panasonic TH-50PX60U! Can anyone give me some feedback on the lag time this tv might have? We are not worried about burn-in as we have had it for about 6 months now. We are just curious as to the lag time when playing DDR and sports games on this tv.

Thanks

NO. Bad choice. Get a LCD Not Plasma, the burnin period is a pain in the ass,and they die faster than the LCD (This coming from a woman)

Plasmas and LCDs both last approximately the same amount of time under the same conditions; no need to argue about it. The burn in periods on plasmas are not that big of a pain. I have a Panasonic TH-58PX60U (58 inch) and it's fantastic for games of all kinds. No lag whatsoever on sports games or guitar hero, and with good component cables in 480p games look great.

Prepster said:
I know what I am talking about craphead.
LCD have a longer life spam. You try looking that up, and see if you don't figure that out for yourself.

Whats a "life spam".

I don't know, man. It doesn't seem like you know your stuff.

;)

People usually dont like playing games on plasma's because there are rumours about burn in. Unless your screen never changes colour you dont need to worry about burn in with these second gen plasma's. And for a tv above 40" plasma is actually better but smaller than 40" LCD is better.

Thanks so much everyone! My only question though was the lag time! I am not worried at all about burn in, that is just a scare tactic from the makers of the LCD technology in the newer plasmas. Promise, I know an LCD television company rep and he has plasma in his home, not LCD which he sells.

My only other question is can I hook my Wii up to my surround system, or does it really matter because Wii isn't developed in the surround technology?

Thanks again everyone!

Prepster said:
I know what I am talking about craphead.
LCD have a longer life spam. You try looking that up, and see if you don't figure that out for yourself.

You do the research, I already did. Check out up to date reputable sources and avsforum. Both plasmas and LCDs are great nowadays, I'm not a fanboy of either. If you plan to own a display for 20+ yrs then get an LCD. Current plasmas have a 50-60K hr lifespan of half-brightness, ~27 yrs. for average usage. I sure as heck plan to get a new display within 10 yrs :).

gnahc79 said:
You do the research, I already did. Check out up to date reputable sources and avsforum. Both plasmas and LCDs are great nowadays, I'm not a fanboy of either. If you plan to own a display for 20+ yrs then get an LCD. Current plasmas have a 50-60K hr lifespan of half-brightness, ~27 yrs. for average usage. I sure as heck plan to get a new display within 10 yrs :).

I have and LCD last longer so that's what i have.

Prepster, sorry for being a "meanie-butt" as my wife would say :p. I was in a bad mood from work, doh.

Anyways, brewboy go ahead and connect your Wii to your surround system even though it's Dolby PLII. Can't hurt :).

Back