Wii broke my TV!!! *POP*

rottenbanana said:
Finally someone with some sense. Thanks for your post, and I apologize to those who tried to offer me help. As you might guess, I'm a little antsy with my busted TV.

I never shy away from internet flames... cuz i find them pretty funny actually... it's so easy to get under people's skin :lol: i figure the more they post and try to flame me, the more i'm getting under their skin :D

You are what we forum folk call fags. "I like to get under people's skin, wah!". "My Wii broke my tv, wah!" Do us all a favour and piss off.

What type of rear projection is your set? CRT rear projection? LCD rear projection? DLP?

Panasonic has released a couple of DLP models, many LCD rear projection models, and a slough of CRT rear projection models in the past.

CRT rear projection sets are susceptible to burn in, but have no bulbs to pop. If you're sure it was a bulb, it's likely LCD rear projection, "3LCD".

LCD rear projection sets have bulbs to pop. This is likely what you have since Panasonic didn't experiment with DLP until fairly recently. Rear projection TV sets with bulbs generally have bulbs that last from 2000-8000, with the typical around 5000 hours. Since your set is a few years old, it use bulbs with "long" life expectancies of about 3000 hours.

At 3000 hours, if you use the TV just 2 hours a day, expect it to last about four years. Also, since there are elements within the bulbs, they will deteriorate over time. Three years on a TV used very little isn't unreasonable at all, actually.

BlightedArt said:
Need lock.

Need less mini-modding.

Edit. Has anyone noticed how even higher-and-mightyer than us BlightedArt acts? Its as, if not more annoying than the noob troll who made this thread.

Last edited:
im_a_super_smash_bro said:
Oh it can't be the wii, you're an idiot. cuz the wii is just so awesome and i love it" :lol:
lMAO, gotem coach

Kris said:
You are what we forum folk call fags. "I like to get under people's skin, wah!". "My Wii broke my tv, wah!" Do us all a favour and piss off.

ROFL :D i love it!! :devil:

SuperH said:
What type of rear projection is your set? CRT rear projection? LCD rear projection? DLP?

Panasonic has released a couple of DLP models, many LCD rear projection models, and a slough of CRT rear projection models in the past.

CRT rear projection sets are susceptible to burn in, but have no bulbs to pop. If you're sure it was a bulb, it's likely LCD rear projection, "3LCD".

LCD rear projection sets have bulbs to pop. This is likely what you have since Panasonic didn't experiment with DLP until fairly recently. Rear projection TV sets with bulbs generally have bulbs that last from 2000-8000, with the typical around 5000 hours. Since your set is a few years old, it use bulbs with "long" life expectancies of about 3000 hours.

At 3000 hours, if you use the TV just 2 hours a day, expect it to last about four years. Also, since there are elements within the bulbs, they will deteriorate over time. Three years on a TV used very little isn't unreasonable at all, actually.

Yeah I have a LCD rear projection. It just sucks that I need to replace the bulb now. I guess it would make sense that it would bust when I use it for >3 hours after not using it for a couple months. sigh guess it's time to buy a plasma instead

vagrant said:
You guys do realize this thread was just made by a ps3 fanboy who wanted to diss the wii by making up some tarded story right?

lol, okay sure whatever

#1, i'll never buy a 1st gen ps3.
#2 there's no good games for the ps3
#3 i have 3 ps3 units in my house right now waiting to be sold on ebay in a few weeks

rottenbanana said:
lol, okay sure whatever

#1, i'll never buy a 1st gen ps3.
#2 there's no good games for the ps3
#3 i have 3 ps3 units in my house right now waiting to be sold on ebay in a few weeks

Number 3 probably got you more hated.

ok well i read only about halfway through the 2nd page of posts, and the first thing i noticed is that you all jumped on this kids back very quickly, you didnt even hear him out, for all you know, the title Wii Broke my TV could have been "We" broke my tv, and now i know what ur saying "this kids a moron too, he didnt even read the rest" well i did, and i know that it proves thats not what he meant, but my point is you jumped on his back way to quickly...give the kid a break.

I read every post before I made my first post. I had information to back someone elses psot up, and my flame wasn't personal, but a general flame to blind consumers.

Wtf why are you guys bashing this guy it's quite obvious Nintendo sent out the Wiis to destroy all HD tvs and dominate video gaming since Ps3's don't work well without one!

Tiko is right It is impossible for the wii to send anything harmful to your Tv in order to break it. Cause if the Wii it pumping out some dangerous stuff as you say, it shouldnt be working and ur SOL

I am amazed by the lack of intelligence some of you(rotten) have. There is no way that the wii could burn out the bulb. I guess you can blame the wii solely on the fact that the bulb went out while playing your system. I do not have a wii so you cannot say that I am a fanboy. I just wanted to read information of the new system and the opinions of people who have palyed it. What you(rotten) is saying by implying that a gamesystem "broke" your television is parallel to saying that your television broke becasue of the graphic that the teleivison show was broadcasting. Your TV accepts the pictures and automatically converts it to fit your television settings. The only possible reason for the bulb going is due to overuse(2-3 hours of playing on a fairly used telelvision) or just normal wear and tear. You(rotten) obviously do not have any knowledge of electronics and I question your intelligence on any other subject matters as well. Also, by bashing the people by their financial standard was extremely immature and I question your salary. At this point, your salary seems like the amount of money your parents give you for your only a child as surmised by your arrogance and lack of maturity.

Back