Wii broke my TV!!! *POP*

pvtjohndoe said:
I would be nearly impossible for the Wii to burn out your projection TV. The bulb is in no way connected to the Wii. I have a projector and the bulb likes to burn out (by exploding) every 8 months or so even though I don't use it often. It just happens.

This guy talks sense. When my dad went to the Sony Centre he was gonna get a Rear Projection TV, but the guys told him that the bulbs need replacing every 8-12 months to keep it in good working order. We got an LCD instead, but if you go to buy a TV, maybe ask about the cons, huh?

ye its your own fault for being ignorant if u had agreed after plenty of people told u that it couldnt of been your wii then nobody would flame you but you just acted like you know everything n made up loads of stuff

rottenbanana said:
My friend was playing Call of Duty 3 on my TV, and after around 2 or 3 hours of play time, my TV popped and went black! It blew out the bulb!

I have a 50" panasonic rear projectioin TV... not HDTV. And yes it's a few years old now, but I have never had a problem playing the ps2/xbox on this tv. How the hell did this happen? Can I get nintendo to pay for the repairs on my TV??

He was just shooting some people in CoD3, then all of a sudden we hear a pop, and then the tv went black. The power light is still on, but there is no display anymore :mad5:

any tips or suggestions what I should do? or am i just hooped.

im pretty sure it was the tube in the TV. BUt before it waould of shown signs of failing

You should ask a professional in your area about this sort of thing rather than a bunch of flamers on a forum.

To say something like this on a forum that is built of 98% fans of the Wii (that's only because the other 2% have dead accounts) is suicide.
Sucks about your misfortune mate, but yeah, go see the one that retailed you the TV, but don't mention anything about the Wii possibly being responsible for it (if you do that, they'll immediately agree with you and try to persuade you that they're not liable for replacement or refunding).

wow, you guys are harsh lol. first time i visited a forum and asked for opinions and got flamed :lol:

you guys are so immature, and the whole world hates you. did you guys line up for the wii too? i walked into a local hmv and picked one up a hour after they opened :lol: maybe you guys should get a HIGH paying job, that way you can blow up as many tvs are you like with your wii wii like me :D

rottenbanana said:
wow, you guys are harsh lol. first time i visited a forum and asked for opinions and got flamed :lol:

Looks like someones never been on a forum. Heres the rundown. People have opinions. They dont always match yours. Especially when you act like a retard. Then when you do act as such, these people get annoyed, thus incurring their wrath. You bring it upon yourself.

Okay to say the world hates is is nothing less than flamebaiting...

A number of the members here are also not old enough to have a full time job... Not to mention there were a select few people that actually tried to give you some assistance with your issue. Don't lump those people in with the minority that took this opportunity to flame you...

Now... Go see the person that retailed you the TV and tell them about the problem, but also try not to suggest any means on how the TV might have had this issue to begin with (namely, don't say that you accidentally tripped and spilled a glass of water over it, or don't say that your Wii might be responsible), because as I said before, they'll stick to this suggestion like glue and deny liability to refund or replace for you.

Trying to be as polite and helpful as possible here. But some people can be harsh, it's just the way it is unfortunately.

BlightedArt said:
Okay to say the world hates is is nothing less than flamebaiting...

A number of the members here are also not old enough to have a full time job... Not to mention there were a select few people that actually tried to give you some assistance with your issue. Don't lump those people in with the minority that took this opportunity to flame you...

Now... Go see the person that retailed you the TV and tell them about the problem, but also try not to suggest any means on how the TV might have had this issue to begin with (namely, don't say that you accidentally tripped and spilled a glass of water over it, or don't say that your Wii might be responsible), because as I said before, they'll stick to this suggestion like glue and deny liability to refund or replace for you.

Trying to be as polite and helpful as possible here. But some people can be harsh, it's just the way it is unfortunately.

Finally someone with some sense. Thanks for your post, and I apologize to those who tried to offer me help. As you might guess, I'm a little antsy with my busted TV.

I never shy away from internet flames... cuz i find them pretty funny actually... it's so easy to get under people's skin :lol: i figure the more they post and try to flame me, the more i'm getting under their skin :D

Mmy said:
Looks like someones never been on a forum. Heres the rundown. People have opinions. They dont always match yours. Especially when you act like a retard. Then when you do act as such, these people get annoyed, thus incurring their wrath. You bring it upon yourself.

yes thank you come again:devil:

rottenbanana said:
Finally someone with some sense. Thanks for your post, and I apologize to those who tried to offer me help. As you might guess, I'm a little antsy with my busted TV.

I never shy away from internet flames... cuz i find them pretty funny actually... it's so easy to get under people's skin :lol: i figure the more they post and try to flame me, the more i'm getting under their skin :D

Lol, evil! =P

But most people here would be antsy if their TV did that too. :(

if you think about it, it is impossible for any game to be too graphicly intense for a TV and cause it to break. the console is the one who is rendering the graphics. it just sends a video to the TV to display. if gfx could kill your TV then almost all TVs would break very quickly because you cant get any better gfx than real life. in that case, movies would be killing TVs left and right. it just happened to burn out while you were playing your Wii. if you were playing your Xbox or PS2, it would have still happened. your just gonna have to buy a new bulb

You guys do realize this thread was just made by a ps3 fanboy who wanted to diss the wii by making up some tarded story right?

Mmy said:
Originally Posted by Mmy
rottenbanana said:
:shocked: That makes no sense:frown2:

Back