play videos on wii?

fiveryanfrenzy said:
I've succesfully emailed pics from my hotmail account to my wii,

How were you able to do this? I've tried it several times
and still can't send pictures from hotmail/gmail/yahoo/isp
email accounts to my Wii console.... :(

Thanks for your help! :)

Soup Camera, don't change the topic, search the forum or create a new thread. Matperry What format of video, or what was the file extention of the video you watched?

Thanks

yes

sparc said:
can you have an sd card in your camera and when its connected to your computer transfer videos over to it?

You should be able too. When you plug in the Camera it should showup as an external drive under my computer. Open that and drag the files.

Here is the link to the converter again - Wii Video 9 - Wii Video Converter I bet there are others out there but this is the only one I used - very quick on a centrino duo laptop. A south park epp took less than 5 minutes.

So once the video is on your SD, how do you watch it on the Wii? o_O

EDIT:NVM Got it. XD So easy

Last edited:
lol so easy and so useless.

just put the damn things on a disc and watch it on a dvd player.. or watch it on your comp.. damn, everything must be viewed with the Wii -_-

wii.ndi said:
lol so easy and so useless.

just put the damn things on a disc and watch it on a dvd player.. or watch it on your comp.. damn, everything must be viewed with the Wii -_-

It's not useless. This is a good way to save on cds/dvds. If you only plan on watching something once or twice, burning would be a waste of your disks. With this, you can use the sd card again and again to view your vids.
As far as viewing on the pc, sometimes its just better to see it on a bigger screen;)
And thanks to tgelston for the link! The program works like a charm

the biggest I've seen is 2gb. They may get bigger, I'm not sure.

extra info: I was able to get roughly 70 minutes of video on a 2gb sd card.

2GB? 4GB is available at any store that sells them and 8gb is available at most good electronics stores.

OnceTheMan said:
It's not useless. This is a good way to save on cds/dvds. If you only plan on watching something once or twice, burning would be a waste of your disks. With this, you can use the sd card again and again to view your vids.
As far as viewing on the pc, sometimes its just better to see it on a bigger screen;)
And thanks to tgelston for the link! The program works like a charm

um, i thought ppl said the file size tripples? the quality gets worse..

i mean, sure if ur gonna just watch a movie here and there on a bigger screen, but meh.

Anybody know if the Wii can view H.264 encoded .mov files? These give you pretty good quality in relation to file size.

to some it would be stupid but if u dont have a pc then its a good thing the only dvd player i have is in my kids room and i dont like moving it and rehooking it up everytime just to watch a movie. besides 360 and ps3 plays movies ive known people that bought the ps2 over the xbox just for the movie capabilities. and besides its fun to make something do something it aint supposed to

to some it would be stupid but if u dont have a pc then its a good thing the only dvd player i have is in my kids room and i dont like moving it and rehooking it up everytime just to watch a movie. besides 360 and ps3 plays movies ive known people that bought the ps2 over the xbox just for the movie capabilities. and besides its fun to make something do something it aint supposed to

Your resurrected a thread from '06 with that post?

The Wii will play back Motion JPEG(MJPEG Video), Motion JPEG is an older video format and doesn't utilize advanced compression algorithms. As a result, if you convert from an AVI or MPEG4 video, the resulting video will likely be much larger.

Back