playing cube games on the wii

zraductus

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
if people that have gamecube games and load them up in the nintendo wii
will they see some type of graphicall enhancement on the wii?
will progressive capable gamecube games look better on the wii with component cables?? will gamecube games be capable of reading sd cards with music in them?

will the wii be able to teletransport me to a new beatifull world without hippies and where im emperor of everything?

The GameCube games look and play as though you were playing on a GameCube.

Component cables will improve the look as far as I know, but I haven't tried this, (haven't been able to get my hands on one yet).

bummer i tought they at least ran a little faster like 3,000 frames per second or better special fx

It's possible that it may run a bit smoother, but I haven't played any GC games that actually slowed down on my Wii, so I can't comment on that yet.

it could possibly load faster even tho the gamecube loaded its games fairly quickly to begin with. Ill run some testing if i can get a stop watch.

does the wii have better graphics than the gamecube or is it just a faster version of the gamecube with online capabilities,wireless motion sensing remote and sd card capabilities?

As far as I know playing a GC disc on a Wii will be the same as playing it on a GC.

registerednerd said:
They can't add what isn't on the disc. There is absolutely no difference.

But they can do stuff like anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering to improve image quality - but as far as I know they don't do so. I don't think the jump in hardware is enough to do so without sacrificing performance.

ilcid said:
But they can do stuff like anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering to improve image quality - but as far as I know they don't do so. I don't think the jump in hardware is enough to do so without sacrificing performance.

this sounds right. But of course, it'll always improve if your using component cables (as stated in the first couple posts)

Back