PlayStation 9

Zelda said:
I can't wait for my PS9. It'll probably be like..a million dollars though.

Well, taking into account inflation (at around 3% per year), then the ps9 will be around $2400. But going on Sony's previous consoles then the price will probably increase at a rate higher than inflation (ps3 60GB launch price is twice the launch price of the ps2). Now I don't think Sony would go for another increase that high but a 1.5 times increase would not be out of the question, so that would make the price about $6835 !!! :yikes:.

The scarier thing is that if they continue to take the same % loss on each console then it will cost them around $9600 to make each console.

Finally, to take things way too far then come launch in 2078, you can expect ps9s to be selling on ebay (or whatever the preferred auction method is) for around the $8000 mark !!!!!

Hehe, yes i did have a lot of time to waste

All the best

Nintendoid

Ha Ha nice one! those stats were pretty cool, perhaps Playstation won't exist then? very unlikey though. I can just see it now

Final Fantasy 123 (can't write it in Roman Numerals) for Playstation 27!

Sony are SO original.

If Sony can't think of a new name for their consoles I swear someone needs to be fired. There is only so long you can use market products in this way before consumers get sick of the name. Don't get my wrong, the name Sony is fine, but it's the playstaiton part that really bugs me.

seriously they portray the PS9 as a drug... it stimulates the senses and they show a guy doing it in public, do you really think he is slashing away at enemies or innocent bystanders to his techno-high?

Nevermind, post deleted because I was only correcting the roman numerals lol

Sorry about that

All the best

Nintendoid

Last edited:
ocdan said:
seriously they portray the PS9 as a drug... it stimulates the senses and they show a guy doing it in public, do you really think he is slashing away at enemies or innocent bystanders to his techno-high?
Uh, it was a mind-control, those were fake people, it went into his dream gland...yes it was a drug, lol.

*In Darth Vader voice* I will shove a PS9 drug into your nose, through your dream gland! *Think Tank answers* There is no dream gland..:confused: , *I answer* Shut upz
:lol:

Nintendoid said:
Well, taking into account inflation (at around 3% per year), then the ps9 will be around $2400. But going on Sony's previous consoles then the price will probably increase at a rate higher than inflation (ps3 60GB launch price is twice the launch price of the ps2). Now I don't think Sony would go for another increase that high but a 1.5 times increase would not be out of the question, so that would make the price about $6835 !!! :yikes:.

The scarier thing is that if they continue to take the same % loss on each console then it will cost them around $9600 to make each console.

Finally, to take things way too far then come launch in 2078, you can expect ps9s to be selling on ebay (or whatever the preferred auction method is) for around the $8000 mark !!!!!

Hehe, yes i did have a lot of time to waste

All the best

Nintendoid

damn. x_x good luck to sony when it comes around that time XD

Good luck to Sony loyalists, you mean!!!

Then again, such a hypothesis looks extreme when viewed in accordance with today's salaries... but that insanely high price may be just as high as ps3's is today, or even cheaper, by... 2078 (what a thought, really!)!!!

Nintendoid, you DO have loads of time to waste... have I mentioned I envy you? :p

Back