playstation 3 sales slowly but steadily increasing

regardless i plan on having a ps3 also, i loved my ps2 and im sure ill love the ps3. my brother has a 360 and its fun but most of the flagship games on it are the ones i would rather play on my computer.

sigh

the wii and PS3 are like women.

I hear often that the wii is better because it sold more, which is like saying a woman is better because she slept with more men. The truth is, if the wii were a woman, men would say shes easy to hook up with. And its true, that wonderful cheap price helps make it accessable, meaning higher sales. But does that really make it better? No it doest. It just means its more accessable, or should i say "easy" to get.

The wii is good for what it is. The ps3 is good for what it is. They both have their pros and cons, but one is factually better in terms of hardware. In the end, its just about how much enjoyment you get out of them. I recommend getting both honsestly, i mean who wouldnt want to be with two beautiful wome..er consoles.

En4Neo said:
Probably because the Wii has such a cool controller, good classic games, and it has the superior version of LoZ.
The PS3 graphics are a big enhancement just like the Wii controllers but games are the main things and each system only had a few awsome ones right now with lots more coming in late 2007 and early 2008.

PS3 isn't bad at all, it all comes down into weather or not you have even a slight interest in blue-ray. And of course having an HDTV is pretty much required, wouldn't be worth it without.

That's true too though (VampiricLugia) I bought about 6 GC games so far, it's awsome having a whole/half generation available. PS2 library is 10x better but a harsh compatible list ruins it.

StevenNevets said:
PS2 library is 10x better but a harsh compatible list ruins it.

Thankfully the backwards compatibility is all software based and can be easily fixed via firmware updates which i believe we will see progress over time.

The sales are increasing, but the PS3 is not fairing as well as the Wii in Japan... or anywhere else for that matter. The Wii outsold it 7 to 1 last week in Japan.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=4900

However, that doesn't mean one is better than the other, it's just a matter of circumstance (ie price and game library). Everyone should stop worrying about numbers and just enjoy their systems.

PS. Shift, don't want to sound like a prude, but could you not post what some may construe to be a sexist remark...

I have noticed this that's it's starting to look up for the PS3 all the hating on the PS3 stopped or at least slowed down

and Rahnter Shift didn't say anything sexist

Rahnter said:
The sales are increasing, but the PS3 is not fairing as well as the Wii in Japan... or anywhere else for that matter.

Hee hee hee. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. Sorry "mate" but you lost round 1.

PS. Shift, don't want to sound like a prude, but could you not post what some may construe to be a sexist remark...

How was it being sexist? I would like for you to explain how and why. Since there was nothing sexist about it, this should be interesting.;)

add: in case your not familiar with google. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26261/Record-breaking-165000-PS3s-sold-at-UK-launch

Last edited:
I think Rahnter meant stop talking like someone who never got any. Shift we don't care what you do with your private life. Compare system sales to actual facts and not the women you'll never get.

With the official news of 5.8 million Wii units sold, Nexgenwars.com is a fraud for exact sales figures.

Last edited:
sagema said:
I think Rahnter meant stop talking like someone who never got any. Shift we don't care what you do with your private life. Compare system sales to actual facts and not the women you'll never get.

How does that work? hmm? Point out what makes it sound like i dont get any? in fact please explain how my silly analogy points in that direction? I guess this is just your normal whine and moan. I could say the sky is blue and you would try to argue that with some random nonsense.

In fact, you are more than welcome to head over to the photo thread and find my pic. If your going to start the "you aint getting any" kiddy remarks, you might at least know what i look like. lol

With the official news of 5.8 million Wii units sold, Nexgenwars.com is a fraud for exact sales figures.

Sorry, but its true. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. I dont think anyone was refering to nexgenwars.com. Perhaps you might have seen my post about it awhile back where i showed how that website was wrong. No? Search for it. =)

My final advice is to grow up.

PS3 > Wii Sales in UK
Although in USA and Japan Wii is doing better?

I don't know, All I do know is that you can't argue with the statment that the PS3 outsold the Wii on Launch day in UK....

Due to lack of Wii stock but that is Nintendo's falut.

I believe that ps3 sold more in the launch window than wii did, but overall the wii has sold more in europe, america and Japan than the ps3. The ps2 is still outselling the ps3. The GBA is still outselling the ps3.
But then after launch sales of the ps3 dried right up, now I just know after this someone is gonna post some car analagy, when cars are not consoles are shouldn't really be compared as if you did then you should also remark that parts for you car as well as any software for it should be more expensive, however in the console world things are pretty much standardised.
Also if you are a games developer and you are wishing to make a profit on something you have worked hard on, will you release it on a console where the discs are more expensive to produce and where half the people who own the console need to buy the game to break even. I think not.

Shiftfallout said:
How was it being sexist? I would like for you to explain how and why. Since there was nothing sexist about it, this should be interesting.;)

I am not trying to be patronizing, but I think your comment was in poor taste. But since you want me to show how your analogy may be construed as sexist, I'll take it to the extreme:

Some people may infer that you are either indifferent or in support of the objectification of women because you liken them to a video game console. Also, the fact that you qualify women as "loose" because of their sexual lifestyles only serves to feed the socially constructed stereotype that women who partake in "abnormal" sexual practices are somehow inferior. At the same time you're implying that women can only be validated through the masculine opinion. Your comment also reinforces the structures of oppression that are created by arbitrarily defining gender roles/ boundaries. The lack of male inclusion in your analogy is a proclamation of male dominance/ superiority over the feminine, because they are not exposed to judgment on account of their sexual practices...etc

Look, I am not an idiot and neither are you. I know this wasn't your intention. I think you were trying to make a joke, but it was made at the expense of others. If you don't think your comment may, in any way, offend someone then leave it up. But I know for a fact that my roommate, her boyfriend, and sister are a bit offended.

Shiftfallout said:
Hee hee hee. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. Sorry "mate" but you lost round 1.

Also, this isn't a fight, so you can stop being so defensive and condescending. I don't argue the fact that the PS3 faired quite well during its launch in the UK, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking this is the norm.

UK PlayStation 3 Sales Continue to Slip
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1079.html
PS3 sales in the UK drop by an alarming 82%
http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/04/03/ps3-sales-in-the-uk-drop-by-an-alarming-82/
Wii creams Xbox 360 and PS3 in the US
http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/04/21/wii-creams-xbox-360-and-ps3-in-the-us/

As you can see, I am familiar with google.

Like I said previously, it is a matter of circumstance. The fact that the PS3 is more expensive is a limiting factor. The fact that HD is not the standard and that there are no popular sequels are also limiting factors. But with time the price will drop, games will be released, and the technology will be relevant.

Last edited:
Back