Pokemon Platinum

we both have a black DS lite bought on the same day within an hour of each other.

his pearl works fine but my DS won't even accept the connection

I think Mesprit likes me. :p First a Timid one in a Premier Ball, and now a Quiet one. It's IVs are great for a TR Mesprit. Yes, it's inferior to Uxie, but don't forget Mesprit has a higher sp. atk. Here's it's (somewhat average) IVs.

24 - 25 / 22 - 23 / 30 / 20 - 21 / 18 - 19 / 2 - 3

I feel sorry for you, Fox... I'm not even trying to get the pixies, and I got all of them with atleast average or above IVs (although not exactly that good, I know).

I've been masterballing and soft reseting since 10 and it's now... *looks* 5 AM. Uxie's just being a ****ing *****.

@The guy with the wifi problem: Have CK trade with your friends' pearl, then trade them to yourself.

@CK: I reeeaally hope you didnt settle for that crap... TR Mesprite is a waste of time and PC space. If you don't already have one, a bold natured supporter with bolt/beam should be your first stop with UU supporters. You could even scratch tbolt for psychic but my point is still valid.

The only roaming bird I'm even remotely interested in is Zapdos.
Now if you'll excuse me, I neeeeed to dream of dead Uxies and perfect 31s.

Last edited:
Lulz. I'm only settling for that Mesprit because I'm not going to soft reset for something I not only won't use, but something I have to do extra for; since it's stats are decided once you meet Mesprit in the Lake cave, I have to talk to rowan and hear his sh*t, then run off and try to find it... Too much extra time for my tastes. :p

Also, synchronizers don't affect Mesprit, from what I've heard. In other words; screw it. I know when I'm too lazy for the job. :p

EDIT: Take a look at my first Dialga, Modest.

13 - 14 / 8 / 19 / 19 / 6 - 7 / 31

Lulz. Perfect speed IV but **** everything else. :lol: I'm sure you've been going through a lot of that, Fox.

Last edited:
How the sweaty hell don't they effect her? I NEED a bold Mesprite! It's bad enough I gotta chase the ***** around the world!

Since Mesprit's (and very possibly Cresselia's stats as well) stats are decided before actually going into battle, Synchronizing has absolutely no effect. Gay, amirite? Or atleast, that's the theory I heard.

I honestly don't know about 'Cress, but I'm not chancing it. Since I can just fly over to a good location right after the meeting (I think), I won't risk saving after interacting with her.

... Oh my god. I think I might of figured out why Nick's DS' wi-fi doesn't work. o.o ... *FACEPALM* Damnit, why didn't I think of that before. -.-
I did search for an access point and all that...what is it?

:D OMG! Smogons opening tutors today I think!.......see ya!

Edit: What the hell? Why dont they have it up yet?....maybe Im wrong.

Since you already posted in the trade thread, ... keep it there please. This isn't a thread for trading, it's for discussion of Platinum (obviously).

Damn,
It seems like theres a big lv. leap between badges 4&5, and 6&7, and 8& elite four...

It seems more exaggerated than d/p. I mean were [and when] are youn suppost to lv up?

Specialy when the 8th leaders in 50s and the elite 4 almost hits 70...

But over all platinum>Diamond(=Mewtwo)

By far....
Just made my way to the battle castle, figured thats a intresing place to start, but my team right now, isnt quite built for it...yet...
Flame Orb Ayo's Harriyama (good and solid fit as a lead)
wuddle's Swellow (too frail for an endurence game)
my Vaporeon (essentaly my cleric and tank)

I wish I could fit my Jirachi in as a second tank...but no Jirachi's....

Got the DSi last night,
[video=youtube;CEdkRHkX-nM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdkRHkX-nM[/video]
Yes, its a bit dark and im speaking softly...sorry..

Last edited:
Well well, I'm on a roll. I just now caught a Modest Dialga, it's IVs are above average, but not excellent. I'd say it'd make a mean specs'er with it's high speed, and it's high speed may allow it to outrun other scarfers with the same base stat. Here's the IVs.

30 / X / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21 / 20 - 21 / 29

Again, not excellent, but good, yeah? And ironically it only took about 50 minutes in total to get it. Luck is on my side for once... Atleast I'm lucky with SOMETHING in-game.

How do you find Palkia and Dialga?

I just caught Uxie, and soon Azelf. Azelf is a pain because its Uproar keeps preventing me from putting it to sleep.

I also recently found my Leaf Green! Sadly, it reset, so I started over.

How do you find Palkia and Dialga?

There's a few steps to this.

1. Get Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb from Mt. Coronet.
Some Guide said:
They are on the lower section of 4F, accessible from going right when you go up the first Rock Climb path on the snowy peaks. This can be done while traveling up Mt. Coronet.
2. Exit Mt. Coronet and fly to Celestic Town.
3. Enter the ruins and click on the drawing on the wall. Cynthia will appear.
4. Talk to Cynthia forever. Just say yes.
5. Go to the Elder's house (right above the ruins) and talk to the Elder.
6. Go to Spear Pillar.
7. Click on the blue "rift". Fight Dialga.
8. Exit Spear Pillar and re-enter after defeating or capturing Dialga.
9. Click on the pink "rift". Fight Palkia.

Some of the guides out there say you must capture or defeat the Lake Trio and/or Heatran first. This is not true, as I have just fought Dialga without having battled any other legendaries (besides Giratina) first. I did already go to Stark Mountain and finish the Team Galactic stuff, though. Not sure if that matters.

Last edited:
Back