Pokemon Platinum

This isn't official or anything since i don't have Platium yet, but do you guys think this would be a good team?

For sure:
Infernape
Gengar
Garchomp
Luxray

Possible:
Roserade
Gyarados or Gastradon
Toxicroak
Giratina?

Something like that. Could you guys help me out with my future team? Or any recommendations? This is for the story mode, I have a few different options once I have the national dex. Thanks

Trust me, Infernape and Garchomp alone are enough to destroy every single in-game trainer, lol. Luxray and Gengar help a lot too. You don't need the others actually, but out of all those mentioned, I'd recommend Gyarados and Toxicroak. Mainly because they're good HM slaves, you can put all your HMs on them... Besides fly and defog, anyways. For fly and defog, you could just catch a wild Staravia and switch it in and out of your party occasionally.

If you will use Gyarados and Toxicroak as HM slaves, I highly recommend not training them for battle; HM moves aren't all that good. Anyways, you can set up HMs like this:

Toxicroak should have Cut, Rocksmash, and Rock Climb. The last slot can just be any useful move. Gyarados can handle Surf, Waterfall, and Strength. Just to note though, an easily caught Bibarel can handle Surf, Waterfall, and Strength, just like Gyara. So if you don't want to train your HM slaves, Bibarel is probably the best choice, unless you catch a wild Gyara.

The same is true for Toxicroak. If you don't want to train it for battle, you can catch an extra Gible, and it'l learn all 3 HM moves right from the start. Handy, no?

Sorry if I seem like I'm telling you what to do, that's just what would seem best for them. :lol: But ya, the 4 you already have and the two HM slaves I mentioned work fine.

Last edited:
thanks a lot. I really never considered a gengar until i got one in gold. It's a pain if you're fighting against it, but a real power if you know how to use it well.
I think i will have those for hm slaves, since it's a pain sometimes trying to keep all your pokemon somwhere around the same level. that way it's easier in game to hav higher leveled pokemon than the challenging trainers.

But once I get the game, I'd like to get the eggs of the other 3 pokemon(gastly, gible, croagunk) since I'd like to train the from scratch and they don't come till later in the game when they're like 15 levels below mine. So once I get the game, would anyone like to help me out with that?

Gengar wasn't really that useful in Gold, unless you gave it some special TM attacks, like the elemental punches. Gengar was better as a competitive battling poke than an in-game poke back in the day, IMO.

I'd gladly trade you some eggs when you get the game, obviously for free. :thumbsup: Having a Gible early game will probably be very helpful, no?

definately. With a gible early on, it will surely be a massive powerhouse. And thanks for helping. With those 4 or 5 early on, there shouldn't be a trainer out there that could pose a threat.

Too bad i prob wont be geting it for a while :p maybe in like a month or so. I first have to get paid and then from there, buy a used ds and platinum.

If you'd rather have all 8 HMs on just two slaves, leaving open 4 slots for good pokes instead of 3, I'd suggest a Bibarel and a Tropius. I've found that something like this works out well, though there may be other combos possible:

Bibarel
Surf (HM03)
Rock Smash (HM06)
Waterfall (HM07)
Rock Climb (HM08)

Tropius (Found in the Great Marsh in Platinum)
Cut (HM01)
Fly (HM02)
Strength (HM04)
Defog (HM05)

Just a suggestion. Of course both are pretty useless in battle, except to stall and heal with items or (Tropius) switch in to a Dig or Earthquake. Who levels up HM slaves anyway?

true. I forgot that tropius learned fly :p oh well.
and thanks for the advice real-o. I'll keep that in mind.

I have a lv.50 Bibarel on my team, but I plan to use it for something else. Try to guess what.

Still working on Azelf...
at this rate, I'd take one with IVs in the LOWER 20s...

Sorry for DP. I'm sure nobody but CK will care.

I'm tired of soft reseting. I've even resorted to using masterballs to speed up the process, but after a week, I'm tired...
I settled on an Azelf with inferior IVs.
HP 14-15
ATK 30-31
DEF 14-15
S.ATK 18-19 (BIIIG ouch)
S.DEF 24-25
SPE 30-31

I don't care about the horrifying s.atk. I'm tired of reseting.
Now I'm off to "settle" on a horrible Uxie I'm sure...
*LeSigh*

Sorry for DP. I'm sure nobody but CK will care.

No, I don't care, lulz.

Damn Fox, all that time for something that's only passable... See what I mean by using masterballs, though? The time it takes when catching normally is what... 300 times longer (if not more)? So if it takes a day to get a good Azelf with Dusk Balls, it takes 300 days (on average) to get a good one... lol.

Simple and obvious explanation, but do you see why I'm lazy and use masterballs now? >.>

What's it's nature, though? The low sp. atk might not make a huge deal if it fits for a Specs set.

Does anyone do what i do.

I level all my POKeMON together, E.g. If one is 25 all the rest have to be 25.

Currently i got a level 21 Machop, Lvl 25 Luzio, Lvl 25 Grotle and Lvl 26 Staravia. Im on my way to the third gym on the bike path right now. Just asking whilst im here any tips or things that i should do to make later battles easier or what?

Back