Pokemon Platinum

just finished that Fox. i'm on my way to Snowpoint.

my team is:
Torterra
Empoleon(from a friend, got as Piplup)
Infernape(from a friend, got as Chimchar)
Lucario
Staravia
Lickylicky(HM slave)

I've never seen so much hax in my entire life... ever. Time for some more battle tower bullshit.

So yesterday, with enough BP I got all my tutor moves set. I'm on my 40th battle in the battle tower, terribly close to getting my gold print. I tricked my 'Scarf onto a Porygon-Z, which spammed Signal Beam. So, what happens on the first hit? Critical hit. There goes Cresselia, no time to put up a Light screen. -.-

Fine, whatever, sent out Dragonite. I DD up 3 times, when I'm about to do the 4th and begin my sweep, Signal Beam confuses me. -.- 10% chance, bullshit. So I attack myself twice in a row, killing myself. Bullshit? Indeed.

So next I send out Scizor. I SD up twice, and Signal Beam fuxing confuses me AGAIN! Bull. ****. So I attack myself once, and get myself down into the yellow. I swept the next two pokes easy, and then comes a Gliscor. -.-; So I have to attack it or it'l OHKO me, so what does it do? Counter. In the red, if I got off that 3rd SD I would of KO'd, but nothing. And I failed. Hax? Yes, very much so.

So I spent all night/morning getting back my winstreak. And I finally face Palmer, round two. So I trick his Regigigas, but no, I fuxing missed because of stupid ass bright powder. Takes a huge chunk out of my HP due to Crush Grip. So, I trick again and succeed, but now he uses Stone Edge. On crush grip, I could set up reflect and send in D-nite if I didn't fuxing MISS. But no, so I have to send out Scizor. Before sending it out ofcourse, I T-wave the 'Gigas and set up Reflect. So I switch in, SD up 3 times while taking little damage from SD, no para hax... bull. So what happens next? Heatran comes out. Why couldn't it of been 'Cress... So I use quick attack and barely take off half it's HP, while it hits with Magma Storm (yes, the shitty accuracy move) and kills me. Out goes Cress with minimal HP. Luckily I'm fast enough to set up light screen before it faints, w00t!

So D-nite comes out, and Heatran spams Flash Cannon. Very little damage due to my screen and leftovers. So I'm going for my 4th DD, knowing that 3 probably wouldn't OHKO 'Cress and it'd kill me with Ice Beam. But, what happens? With half my HP left, it critical hits through the light screen and kills me. ... I lose. AGAIN! *********!!!!!!!

Rrrrgghhhh... Just thinking about it frustrates me. But in the end I finally got my gold print... That took foreverrrrrr... Damn you hax. They could of atleast made it that crits don't break through screens, and only make the attack do normal damage... -.-

Man lol Bad luck
Wow u guyz are so far!
Im taking my time lol i still havent gotten my 1st badge =p

Beat the Snowpoint gym. Forgot levels.
Just about to jump in and go after Cyrus and Giratina.

Spoilers are for games that arent released but whatever.
Caught Giratina. Surprisingly only took 1 Dusk Ball. Paralyzed him, flashed his accuracy down, then put him in the red zone. Viola!
I wish he was holding the Griseous orb... I hate Turnback cave. It's like Meandering Forest from Brave Fencer Musashi, but gayer...
Anyhoo, my Gman is Impish. If nothing else, I can make w "Great Wall" set. The Origin form, IMO, is lame, competative-wise. 120 base attack stats and 100 defenses...yeah, cool I guess, but it's bottom rung uber if you ask me. Origin would even have trouble with Garchomp, BUT then again, his STABs will hurt more.
GOOD GOD CYRUS WAS HARD (for some reason) EVERY TIME I got hit with that ***** Weavile's Ice Punch...frozen...>.>;
Frozen again...<.<;
FROZEN AGAIN!?...>.<[/hate]
I'm off to catch the sprites. May make a mean look Gengar just for the birds (Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres)
But then how would I Synch them? Damn...dilema. Advice? (No masterball. I sold mine as soon as I got it. It's a cheap tactic)

@CK
Doesnt Griseous Orb transform Shaymin too?

My next goals are:
-Sunnyshore gym
-Unown alphabet
-Complete Sinnoh dex
-E4
-Chaining poketch app
-Uhh

Last edited:
Spoilers never hurt when you're talking about a game a bunch of other people havn't beaten. >.>

@ Fox:
That's some bull hax... Worse than mine, except my bad hax happens more often. >.>; I'll agree with Origin Forme not being very... intimidating in ubers. It's basically just a bulkier Arceus with a sloppier moveset. It's not a bad idea at choicing though, considering it's STABs have most ubers shaking in their non-existant boots. Too bad it doesn't get any handy stat up moves (I think)... Shaymin's new forme is tons better in comparison.

My advice is make a Mean Look Umbreon and max out those speed EVs. ;D Remember, Umbreon gets Synchronize, so you're set there. Synchronize Umbreon used to be my best friend for the Lati@s'. And don't forget you can baton pass over to your False Swiper/Sleeper, which can be all in one for a Gallade. It may be weak to flying, but if it's overleveled it'l be almost unable to be harmed by drillpeck etc.

Griseous orb only transforms Giratina, lol. In order to transform Shaymin, you have to get a legal event Shaymin (like the one I gave you... I already gave it to you, right?) and go to Floaroma town. One of the people above the town gate will give you the Gracidea key item. Simply use it on Shaymin and voila, Sky Forme. Only during the day/when it's not frozen, though... .-.

Yes you can.
@CK- I'm not touching the sprites for now especially Mesprit. Art/Zap/Molt are going to be enough to worry about alongside Cresselia.
My next step is to challange Volkner. I'm done using garbage. Just traded myself my CB Flygon to deal with Volkner. Not feeling like dragging it out any more. Too much to do.

Last edited:
Yes you can.
@CK- I'm not touching the sprites for now especially Mesprit. Art/Zap/Molt are going to be enough to worry about alongside Cresselia.
My next step is to challange Volkner. I'm done using garbage. Just traded myself my CB Flygon to deal with Volkner. Not feeling like dragging it out any more. Too much to do.

I know the feeling....
Just made QUICK work of gym #4 with my old freind flame orb swellow (dear god, thank you wuddle, its the gift that keeps on giveing)
I was soft reseting (for a while) for a good gift porygon... wondering if it worth my time to even do so.....
Beyond the G.MAN I don't want to touch ANY of the legends till I get a full stock of synchronizers and dittos for new breeding and projects...

Just pre-ordered my DSi for next week, looking over things to trade in for credit...I think I might trade my old gba (with the NES skin) might/might not......depends on how much cashola i can generate by the start of next week...
Wuddle's Swellow, Ayo's Harriyama, and My Vaporeon have been the three man team of doom...I might have to get something from you foxxy to have for a fun intresting in game beat team...

Also seriously concidering working on a tyson themed team to become my new standard, or useing Riley's end game team (plus an intresting lead)....

Intresting discovery, in the shop in veilstone that you trade in your coins for TMs, there is a dude who tells you the type of your hidden power...pritty usefull stuff there.

Wow... am I the only one who worked through Platinum without trading things over? (a single egg doesn't count :p) I mean come on, I beat the game with a Scyther. Ah well...

I also noticed the dude who tells your hidden power type. Useful, but useless in comparison to the IV calc TM code. After all, your Gengar may have an HP Ice, but who gives a damn if it has 30 BP?

Im calling shenanigans on that, Limited game time, but they were appropriate leveled (but pre EV trained, and breed)

Flame orb swellow is facade-ing things 10 levels higher and getting 0hk0s

Flame orb swellow is facade-ing things 10 levels higher and getting 0hk0s

Wow, that's completely not cheap. >.> My Scyther can't OHKO sh1t without being 20 levels up. EV trained my arse. Aside from bringing tons of potions, don't you want a challenge in-game?

I'll have it known that I didn't trade a single thing to Platinum and started with nothing but a semi-decent IV (Sp. Atk much better than Atk.) Bashful Chimchar. And I've just gotten the 7th gym badge in Snowpoint City. For shame, everyone else, for shame. :p

You know I was doing the challenge for my thread, Real-o, so exception to the rule. :p

I beat Diamond with a freakin' Careful Chimchar on my first try, you know. -.-; Worst Chimchar ever.

Back