Pokemon X/Y

Tell me, how many types did they add since Gen I? That didn't stop players from playing. And they liked those new types. Dark-type and many others weren't added 'til somewhere in Gen II/III, I don't remember. And anyone notice that Normal-type is dumber than any type we've made up so far? XD

Doing it now is too late
Dark and Steel were added in Gen 2
Gen 1 had 3 ghosts and 3 dragons and later 2 steel types. There was a lack of certain types which made it possible to introduce some new ones because they needed to make more of those types anyway.
Creating a new type now after five generations is just ridiculous

Doing it now is too late
Dark and Steel were added in Gen 2
Gen 1 had 3 ghosts and 3 dragons and later 2 steel types. There was a lack of certain types which made it possible to introduce some new ones because they needed to make more of those types anyway.
Creating a new type now after five generations is just ridiculous

I don't see how it's ridiculous so long as the new type in question was t' be incredibly fitting. Don't know of any possible type that'd qualify as such ('sides the fan favorite Light type), but t' completely blow off introducin' new types like that is poppycock. From a balancing standpoint; the reason why Dark 'n Steel were added in Gen II; there isn't a need. There hasn't been a need since then either. Perhaps the only reason no new types have been introduced is 'cause they don't want to create imbalance, not 'cause there's somethin' wrong with introducing a new type.

Whether they do it or not, Karp's right; they's no decent "elements," not even light type. Light type couldn't be done because dark type is the reason people think they should create a parallel. That wouldn't work because in Japanese, dark type is evil type. They's no paralell to evil, now is there.

They's no paralell to evil, now is there.

i lol'd

Normal type is quite a useless type, besides having no weakness or strengths. Agreed?

Havin' no resistances is definitely a weakness in some ways, but that's the price ya pay for havin' just one weakness. Normal typing is the reason why Blissey is so ****in' hard for any special attacker to dispatch: almost no Special attackers have Fighting type moves since so few Pokemon learn Aura Sphere and Focus Blast is very inaccurate; one miss and Blissey is back at full health via Softboiled.

Only three types resist Normal (Rock, Ground and Steel) and one immune to it (Ghost). The first three types are beat by moves many Normal types can learn. Most'a these Pokemon can't take Special attacks very well anyways; Normal type like Porygon-Z have a notable advantage in this case. Most Ghost types are rather frail, so they likely can't take two non-Normal move from a strong Normal-type attacker like Tauros or Meloetta. Especially not if they've a super-effective move.

Normal is also famously paired with a Water move (Gyarados with Waterfall and Return, for example) to achieve a neutral hit on almost every Pokemon, pretty much every single common Poke. Normal is a very poor type unless the Pokemon can use it for a specific advantage, but Pokemon able to make it more advantage than disadvantage are not t' be underestimated.

Last edited:
Back