Possible New ninendo Handheld...Your thoughts?

dedpoet777

\/\/ii'd Out For Life
Dec 20, 2006
Surfside Beach, SC
Wii Online Code
0792-2476-6769-9631
I have not heard any rumors, nor have I seen anything on this. However, i was thinking the other day about a new handheld from Nintendo.

I think they might be making another one possibly with the motion sensitive technology that is in the wii remotes, something to pair a bit better with the wii. the reason I think this is, the wii has been out for almost a year and there hasnt been much if any integration of the wii and ds together. i think they might be making another handheld that is more suitable for the wii.

How sick would a motion sensitive handheld be? The possibilities are as endless as the wii remote, except you can take it anywhere with you.

What are your thoughts?

A patent has been filed for a motion sensitive handheld device by Nintendo already. We will have to wait and see if they follow up with a patent this time.

thats awesome news. i figured they were on top of it. i hope they do follow up. that will be an amazing handheld.

it would be ridiculous and stupid for Nintendo to release a new hand held right now thats like them releasing a Wii 2 right now they are making millions of dollars on the Nintendo DS and they wont release anything new until the sells start to slow down at which time they will release something.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
it would be ridiculous and stupid for Nintendo to release a new hand held right now thats like them releasing a Wii 2 right now they are making millions of dollars on the Nintendo DS and they wont release anything new until the sells start to slow down at which time they will release something.

Well, filing a patent would mean it is still just the drawing board and basic theory of it.

thinking about a new handheld already.....
isnt it to early for one

...wat link of hyrule said >.>

That would be a catastrophy! People can barely hold a wiimote in their hands much less a moion sensative hanheld. Playing one in public is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don;t them to the same. Isn't it best to have two different systems to combat two different audiences.
And we want to stay as far away from Sony as we can, because their PS3 and PSP are very similair.

Master Foot said:
That would be a catastrophy! People can barely hold a wiimote in their hands much less a moion sensative hanheld. Playing one in public is a disaster waiting to happen.
Honestly, like they're gonna invent a handheld like that which you can go bowling on. You'd have no idea where the ball was going or anything for that matter. I really doubt they would do something that drastic.

I don;t them to the same. Isn't it best to have two different systems to combat two different audiences.
And we want to stay as far away from Sony as we can, because their PS3 and PSP are very similair.
They DS and Wii are very much the same too. They both target the casual audience and try to please the hardcore audience. Nintendo is already on the pretty opposite side of the spectrum right now against Sony. (Not in just sales, but also who they're targeting, the games, etc) Who cares if we are closer to Sony anyways? It's not gonna do anything.

although it is gonna happen eventually, itll be a while. besides, i LOVE my DS, so it would kinda suck to have to replace it already. i mean, i got it a year ago and i still need to get Phantom Hourglass.

but as for ideas for the next Nintendo hand-held......... IDK. as long as they keep the touch screen thing... im all good. some upgraded graphics wouldnt hurt either, but thats the least of my worries

I think you'd look retarded twisting, turning, and shaking your little nintendo handheld in public. As for me... i'd make it look good.

Nicely said, I too would do that. But I'm not much of a portable fan...and those news don't mean they'll instantly launch the device, it's gonna take at least 2 years..

Back