Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problem ordering games at online stores

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by baldbull, Jan 30, 2009.

1. baldbull

baldbull WiiChat Member

So I ordered 3 games from amazon this week: mario strikers, Call of duty WaW, and house of the dead 2&3. 2 of the 3 orders were messed up. For call of duty, they sent me the xbox 360 version and for house of the dead, they sent me sonic. Now both of these are their fault and they are replacing them...but what a pain, I had to repack them, pay for return shipping (which is being refunded back) and now wait until next week to get the games.......

Moral of the story:

ordering online to save a few extra $$ just isnt worth it

*just a note, these were not directly from amazon, rather from resellers on amazon:)

2. goheat

goheat alot is not a word

Wii Friend Code: 1111-1111-1111-1111
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    I've never had a problem ordering direct from Amazon, though. So ordering online to save $$$ can be worth it, it just depends on the integrity of the online seller...

3. HankB

HankB WiiChat Member

Does Amazon carry any of those games (or is it just the store fronts?)

I got a DVD set for Christmas (Dr. Who First Season :D ) and one disk was defective. When I finally figured out where to go on their site to return a defective product, I was able to print out a shipping label with return postage and an RMA slip. I was only out the cost of packaging (box and some bubble wrap that some other stuff came in and tape.) And I needed the exercise so I walked to the post office to ship. :D

Best part is that they cross shipped the replacement and I had it a day or two later!

4. FloYdian

FloYdian ....

yea those marketplace sellers are buyer beware.

next time buy direct from amazon.

5. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    I agree, I always check the ratings of the resellers and read their reviews. It's pretty much like Ebay. For Christmas, I ordered a poster there from a reseller and they sent me the wrong one. They apologized and returned it and got a new one. Guess it was during Christmas and they got a boat-load of orders since their reviews were riddled with more mistakes than compared to the rest of the year. Other than that, I haven't had any problems ordering over Amazon (and I order over Amazon frequently)

6. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    You need to read the details
    Ive never been sold the wrong thing from any of the many of the shopping sites I use