Problem with SNES and NES games on my Wii

supermike

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2010
Gibraltar
For some reason the SNES and NES games have trouble playing. When I try to play them the screen is always moving, here a video of how it looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjwYT3lOvzk.

Its strange when playing Wii games and N64 there is no trouble at all but on SNES and NES games it always happen. What could be the problem.

I use the component cable which is green, blue and red.

When on a SNES game and NES when I press the home button the screen is stable and still, but when I take home of the screen starts moving again.

Someone on Neoseeker told me a member this
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There can be an issue in rare instances of Virtual Console games not displaying picture on certain HDTV’s. This is due to the fact the Sega titles, NES titles and SNES titles output a non-interlaced video signal, just like the original hardware. N64 and Hudson titles use interlaced output. It seems likely that the cause of this problem is the fact that newer HDTV’s or projectors do not support non-interlaced signals when using a component cable.

To resolve this problem, Nintendo offer the following solution on VC games which are affected:

- Go to Wii system settings > Screen > TV Type > 60 Hz (480i) on a European Wii with language settings.
- Start the Virtual Console title. Due to the game specification, you need to plug-in the classic controller in the player 1’s Wii Remote in order to access to the game. The screen should be black. Press the Home button on the Wii Remote and access to the manual page.
- Unplug the classic controller and connect the Nunchuk to the Player 1’s Wii Remote. Now it’s ready to switch between non-interlaced mode (double strike) and interlaced mode.
- Disable non-interlaced mode (double strike) by pressing the “A” and “2” button on the player 1’s Wii remote and “Z” button on the Nunchuk at the same time. You can now see the game normally.
- To switch back the game to its original settings: Enable non-interlaced mode (double strike) by pressing A and 1 buttons on the player 1’s Wii remote and Z button on the Nunchuk at the same time.
[/list]

This solution need only be done once, and will affect every game with the latest update offered ny Nintendo. Some games do not currently have this functionality but Nintendo are implementing the changes in all forthcoming titles and earlier titles first.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

This was the solution, maybe this might help other who had the same problem.

Back