Product Registration

sarspants

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
This is more of a general Nintendo question, but, product registration, what is it good for? I knew about the 90 warranty extention for the Wii and I remember a long time ago getting Ocarina of Time and Master Quest for Gamecube for registering three games. But since then, I've gotten nothing.

Last edited:
sarspants said:
This is more of a general Nintendo question, but, product registration, what is it good for? I knew about the 90 warranty extention for the Wii and I remember a long time ago getting Ocarina of Time and Master Quest for Gamecube for registering three games. But since then, I've gotten nothing.
Just a bit of extra security.

Also, it is registered in your name which will make it easier to track if it gets stolen.

All you have to do to get it back is pray to Waluigi. The next day, your Wii will be on your doorstep with the burglar's severed head. :yesnod:

It helps for the Wii to be registered if you need repairs at some point.

I think with registered games you can send them away for replacement too if they stop working due to scratches or warping.

Not sure what other use it is though, hopefully we'll get some kind of freebie some day.

free wii points

Hi im new but I discovered the other day that if you register all your nintendo stuff online you receive stars which you can then exchange for wii points to buy online games.

I have got 3450 stars so far which I think will get me 500 wii points. Although I keep getting an error so haven't been able to get any yet.

Theres also a catalogue of goodies you can change your stars for.... like tshirts and wallpapers, very cool!:crazy:

cuteek said:
Hi im new but I discovered the other day that if you register all your nintendo stuff online you receive stars which you can then exchange for wii points to buy online games.

I have got 3450 stars so far which I think will get me 500 wii points. Although I keep getting an error so haven't been able to get any yet.

Theres also a catalogue of goodies you can change your stars for.... like tshirts and wallpapers, very cool!:crazy:
That's not what they were talking about. But yes this is useful :yesnod:

yeah I clicked on register product and thats what happened it gave me stars!

cuteek said:

Only in Europe though. I don't think we get anything in North America. :sad:

ahhh really? I hope it comes out soon there, must be new coz im still getting errors. I get so far and then press purchase and then big error comes up on the screen. doh. :crazy:

Yeah, pretty bogus that us in the US don't get free stuff...well, free Wii points that is. According to Nintendo's website, If you registered a game, then you've unlocked bonus content connected to that game. Be sure to check the bonus content out on the game page on Nintendo.com. I can't seem to find any of this so called "bonus content." Anyone have any info on this?

Last edited:
Back