Project M Discussion Thread

... ... ... Good eyes.

I should've put on my glasses when I was observing his moveset in the video.....

Googling about t' search for Roy data. Found nothin'; not that I was surprised... but I did discover that disrespect for modding (and thus, P:M) is a not-so-rare mindset amongst dumb ol' console gamers. da fuq?

Speakin' of, my untrained eye thinks that Roy is more geared to extended combos than Marth, as well as an aerial game in particular. D-tilt is a launcher rather than a raw spacing tool (but still useful for edgeguards 'cause D-tilt -> F-smash). N-air doesn't seem t' have as much knockback as Marths' N-air. Sourspot aerials and U-tilt look like they link really well together at high percents.

That, and Roy has better (consistent) finishers. U-smash and D-smash look more powerful than Marth's non-tippered counterparts. B-air clearly packs more punch. Blazer seems capable of Star KOs at high percentages. Flare Blade is clearly far more potent than Shield Breaker since it lacks said shield-breakin' capabilities... or so one would assume.

I think all the PM revamps are geared to comboing at least non-power characters.

I hope Roy is a even more aggro Marth. A character that just jumps in and kills, hence the close tippers

If Roy can indeed string together combos more efficiently and has more consistent, powerful finishers than Marth, I would imagine that'd be the case.

... Although since Roy has (most of?) Marth's range, it's safe to assume that his spacing and punishing game will also be quite potent. The only difference is that Roy's tipper F-smash won't be the ultimate punish. Gotta get in there 'n grab or D-tilt.

It's going to be a long time before the PMBR just starts throwing in random characters, although I do want to see Chrom in the game.

It's why I have a Chrom texture over Ike.

We might never get any newcomers makin' their Smash debute in P:M.

They should make Chrom and put him in as a revamped vBrawl Marth

... No. Mewtwo, Kirby 'n Samus first. Also, Chrom might end up in Smash 4, so better t' wait and see.

also lyn > chrom ... Says the man who's yet t' play Awakening.

Wrong Pichu, Samus, FE Tome User, then everyone else, Mewtwo

Now that I think about it, it would be nice to have the Avatar character in Smash 4. It represents a whole aspect of FE (you the strategist) like the Pokémon Trainer represents you.
also lyn > chrom
Agreed

Oh, I get it. Ya listed them backwards. Yep, Mewtwo gets top priority whereas Pichu gets Roar priority.

I demand everyone t' sound off the characters they can play with some semblance of knowin' what they're doin', or better. Just because.

Maining: Wolf, Boozer

Subbing: Hero of Projectiles

Scrubbing: Craptain Failcon, DK, Ganon, Ivysaur, D3 (??????????), Lucario, Lucas, Kirby, Mario Bros., Meat Knight, Zelda

Back