Project M Discussion Thread

Any ideas of a new Side B for Mewtwo?
I would have to think about it

If it was me, I would make disable his Side B and give him Future Sight for his Down B. An invisible or slightly visible hover mine that could have a set time limit or a manual detonation (I personally like the idea of a manual detonation), so Mewtwo would focus more on stage control. Disable could be used to set up the Future Sight or be used to combo into the Future Sight.

A neat idea, but one wouldn't want t' take away from Snake's unique stage control.

Down-B could be somethin' simple, like a projectile reflector in the form of Magic Coat (which means the loss of Confusion's ability to "reflect" projectiles wouldn't be missed). Or perhaps Recover; Ivysaur has Synthesis, so I don't see why not. Synthesis' biggest draw is it's Solarbeam charging, so givin' Mewtwo a notably quicker healing rate would be neat. Maybe it could be Barrier, which creates a small, immovable, physically-impassable wall which soaks up a specific amount of damage 'til it breaks. It'd be a cool edgeguarding tool. Or maybe he could use Reflect and Light Screen in one move, tap or press of B determining which. Reflect is the one that soaks damage and can't be passed through, 'cept projectiles. Light Screen absorbs projectiles and eventually breaks, but can be walked or physically attacked through. For balancing purposes, I'd imagine only one screen could come out at a time, and both would be easily distinguishable by appearance.

Future Sight could also be an attack that strikes an opponent wherever they are with acceptable tracking after a specific amount of time (probably not flexible t' keep it from bein' broken), unless Mewtwo is damaged before the attack hits. Could make for some crazy combo resets like with Din's Fire. I can imagine comboing someone off-stage into Future Sight -> D-air t' be pretty nasty.

Perhaps rather than a set time of automatic detonation, after a waiting period of usin' the move Mewtwo can cancel on-hit into it for a combo extension/finisher. This would keep the move from bein' spammable like my Future Sight's first concept would be. Along with Shadow Ball, would give opponent more reason to not give Mewtwo any space. Would also give Mewtwo some extra guaranteed damage on projectile characters once he manages t' get in.

... I just realized somethin'. What's Roy's Final Smash gonna be?

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing (Roy FS). Probably some Fiery Sword Slash or a Fiery Marth Crit

I was thinking about Barrier. It would be interesting.
The thinking behind Future Sight is that it would be a combination of Din's Fire and Snake's Mine. But it can't be placed on a person (which is a PM focus) and it can't hurt you if you jump on it (which otherwise would be Din's Fire). To have a manual detonation would be combining to the two attacks and giving it, its own advantages and disadvantages (Such as placing it in the air and choosing when to detonate).

Recovery moves are very dangerous to put in. Because the whole game is about racking up damage.

Last edited:
How do you think they are going to change Olimar?
I wonder if they will add the new Pikmin from Pikmin 3

The only character I don't want to see in Project M is Ice Climbers, unless they remove their chaingrabbing

fix'd

Can you not imagine the potential of Ice Climbers if Nana did more than just copy Popo a few frames late?

Every single Ice Climber incarnation was based on Chain Grabs

Why would they trash such a huge portion that developed the meta game of both Melee and Brawl?

If anything, they should have an Anti-Infinite Combo system for them.

That's why they need some kinda anti infinite safegaurd that will still allow the Ice Climbers to chain grab but not excessively

I knew that. -_-

Giga Bowser's Down-Throw, Back-Throw, and a couple other moves are different from Bowser's normal attacks.

Back