PS3 Better than 360, Heres the Reasons

Sovieto said:
its hell spending 250 for a console when their making a profit out of it
So you would be happier if Nintendo sold you a product cheaper than it costs them to make it so as to risk their entire company? Besides, $250 isn't all that much money. Also, you have to realize that the price of the system is being marked up from the original price Nintendo sold it to the retailer for. While you have to pay $250, Nintendo probably only sells the system for $150-$200.

NintendoGamer said:
Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

- PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

- The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
Before Taxes
PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
199.99 For the HD-DVD player
19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW

umm yea nice try those are ADDONS you dont really need them well the xbox live .. hd dvd dont need it regular dvd arent even dead yet
. intercooler just place the damn thing where it can breathe easier so your after just subscribing to xbox live your still left with a system with identical graphics and and a cpu thas only 200mhz slower than the ps3 .. and the 360 had more games out and yes i said it and dont give me crap about ps3 is still new i dont care i want games now .. xbox also has some games lined up , i heard developers are having some ***** of a time to make games for blu ray. all 3 consoles are good but dont post crap like this and as for the cell processor its ganna take awhile for them for harness the full potential are you willing to wait 3-6 years for them to master that.. cell processor is actually a 9core cpu on paper that was designed i think around 2001- 2002 not sure but they did modifications to it like only 3core instead of 9cores ..

NintendoGamer said:
Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

- PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

Before Taxes
PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW

Very Very True

also every one is buying into the marketing trick of the ps3 as they try to push a new format to consumers blue-ray into homes .. as of games out now the 360 is a better choice i know the ps3 just came out but in the link i post in another thread they say all the games there were on all 3 consoles ran smoother on the 360 and wii now why is that ? some you maybe well ps3 is new.. so is the wii.. 360 been out longer than the other 2 yeah ok but if game developers took the damn time to fine tune there **** things like this wouldnt happen

vagrant said:
1) Both the specs for the hddvd ad blu-ray are very out of date.

2) Unless you compare the same movie it is pointless.

3) The quality of blu-ray and hd-dvd is basically the same.
yah its more about storage, and for movies, well hell, i dont think well ever need (up to 50gb is it?) that much storage, so thats why HD DVD is more the choice for movies, but for games blu ray would be the better choice, if you want to pay way more, even though, i could care less about it myself. games like resistance tried and couldnt even make the 20gb mark

Actually both are pretty much unecessary now, and probably for the next years. The only burners they have for blu-ray and hddvd are like 4 or 8x. Do you have any idea how long it would take to burn even 20 gb of data with that slow of a burner.

Still beleiving Sony's empty promises. They "promise" a theoretical capacity for a Blu ray disc to be 100 or 200 GB. Promises, promises. Remember the EMOTION ENGINE, ooo, ahh!

This adding up prices really gets tired, my brother just got a 360 at toys r us for 399 and got a free $100 gift card, and used it to buy the HD-DVD add-on. So he got the 20gb + HD-DVD for a total of $499, and there are deals all the time with the 360 that include games and such. I think Circuit city or Target is running an ad right now that includes a free wireless control.

Another price you must add to the PS3 is HDMI or Component cables to view your PS3 in Hi Definition. The PS3 only comes with Composite so in order to view it at 480p/720p/1080i/1080p you need to fork over an extra $60-$120, a lesson I had to learn the hard way.

NintendoGamer said:

Before Taxes

19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

yeah well live is where its at and xbox live is the best so ps3 can rot in hell

punkfan said:
Another price you must add to the PS3 is HDMI or Component cables to view your PS3 in Hi Definition. The PS3 only comes with Composite so in order to view it at 480p/720p/1080i/1080p you need to fork over an extra $60-$120, a lesson I had to learn the hard way.

True. hehe. But according to the original poster, you only have to buy the PS3, but for the 360, you need ALLLLLLLL the additional accessories, cuz its just not a 360 without the Intercooler.

LOL

I don't know bout most of yous, but as a 360 Owner, I LOVE the rumble feature in my controlers, its great isn't guys?

PS3 fella (poster)...how does the rumble feature work in the beautiful ps3 controler?...................................... .....................................................................RIGHT SONY Had no money to pay the FINE to be able to use it. M$ did....

Give it 4 years, M$ Will OWN sony. And i hate microsoft. and i can see it comming.

Bill Gates does not INVEST money insomething that he belives will not fail... HD DVD or BluRay? Humm....

fuzzai said:
True. hehe. But according to the original poster, you only have to buy the PS3, but for the 360, you need ALLLLLLLL the additional accessories, cuz its just not a 360 without the Intercooler.

LOL

I don't know bout most of yous, but as a 360 Owner, I LOVE the rumble feature in my controlers, its great isn't guys?

PS3 fella (poster)...how does the rumble feature work in the beautiful ps3 controler?...................................... .....................................................................RIGHT SONY Had no money to pay the FINE to be able to use it. M$ did....

Give it 4 years, M$ Will OWN sony. And i hate microsoft. and i can see it comming.

Bill Gates does not INVEST money insomething that he belives will not fail... HD DVD or BluRay? Humm....
lol yah i always wanted to mention it but its something i just silently love
the 360 rumble is one of the greatest features, i dont know about you guys, but ive had times where the controller almost flies out of my hands, and if i leave my controller on my comp desk (wooden) and it rumbles, it makes this huge noise!!! and theres nothing like chainsawins on gears of war while feeling a hugeee rumble

Back