ps3 or 360

james24uk

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2007
Hiya

I am thinking of getting a ps3 or xbox 360 this Xmas and the problem i have is im no sure which to buy i would be grateful for anyones opinions and views on each one many thanks

I have both systems.

I vote 360.

More/better games, Xbox live is amazing, it's great.

The PS3 is nice for the built-in Blu-Ray player (assuming you have a HDTV)

360 is terrific!

I have this & Wii.

The 360 blows the Wii out of the water for online.

The PS3 does not seem to have very much of any games at all unless you want a very expensive blu ray brick.

Ramhorns said:
360 is terrific!

I have this & Wii.

The 360 blows the Wii out of the water for online.

The PS3 does not seem to have very much of any games at all unless you want a very expensive blu ray brick.

I still think the PS3 is a good deal >.<. Cheap Blu-Ray player that plays games + 6 free Blu-Ray discs for $400 doesn't sound to expensive now does it?

Back on topic:

I'm leaning towards the X360 for now, but I can see a very good future for the PS3.

RivalDestiny said:
I still think the PS3 is a good deal >.<. Cheap Blu-Ray player that plays games + 6 free Blu-Ray discs for $400 doesn't sound to expensive now does it?

Back on topic:

I'm leaning towards the X360 for now, but I can see a very good future for the PS3.

exactly. It's far from a Blu-ray "brick" lol.

you obviously don't have an HDTV or any type of home theater...

No,

I have HDTV. I just don't think the PS3 has enough games out, so for me, it would just be a blu ray brick. I don't watch movies or television much.

Games = 360 & or Wii (Wii60!)

Blu Ray = PS3 (Or buy a blu-ray player - I wouldn't play dvds on a PS2 because an aftermarket dvd player kicks the sh*t out of ps2 dvd capabilities - I predict the same with Blu Ray + PS3

Depends on what you want. I prefer the PS3 for these reasons:

1. I like the games better, Ratchet, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, etc...
2. I watch Hi-def movies so it's my Blu-ray player, I also own a stand alone HD-DVD.
3. More reliable hardware.

Assuming you own a Wii and like it the PS3 has some games coming out that most Wii fast should like. One is called Little Big Planet and it looks awesome. Something you'd expect on a Nintendo platform.

I like Xbox360 more right now since there are many great titles to choose from!
But in 2008 I am 90% Playstation 3 will dominate Xbox360.

Plus $400 Blu-Ray Player Can't Harm lol

Go look at a list of current and upcoming games for each console and count how many you want for each. Get the one with the most games you want. I have both, and I would probably take the PS3 if I could only have one because I prefer the type of games it has, and it doesn't have such hardware problems. But they are both excellent consoles, so I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

as an owner of both i'll point out some of the good and bad for each:
PS3
*i noticed some frame rate stutters in SKATE, could be the only game, but i doubt it
*Warhawk, a major PS3 title is very hard to learn, i lost interest after the first time i played it simply because everybody was too advanced (even when i picked play my rank!)
*PS3 has blu-ray movies, obviously, wich are cool if u have an HDTV other wise, blu-rays are just expensive DVDs
*HAZE, Unreal Tournament 3, Killzone 2, and other great exclusive titles are coming soon, the PS3 is more futureproof IMHO. i expect an xbox 3 to come out before a PS4.
*basically does most things a computer can do
*free online
*Halo, Mass Effect, Gears(sucky game but ppl like it for some reason), other exclusive titles i cant think of atm.
*RROD issue is ellegedly solved
*LIVE is awesome, but expensive
*360 is a bit cheaper and you get a headset with it, but the removeable hard drive only supports 360 hard drives unlike teh PS3 wich can take any notebook hard drive.
*360 doesnt come with rechargable batteries like the PS3 does

overall, i like the PS3 and all but i have more fun on my xbox360, i'd tell you to get both if you could, it's a tough choice for me to make, i like the PS3 better.. but i think most other people like their 360s better.

maybe try gut instinct too, assign heads to xbox and tails to ps3, flip a coin, if it lands on xbox and you feel slightly disappointed, get a PS3, it may seem silly but it works most of the time.

Last edited:
360 vs PS3 ? ? what about Wii vs 360?

Im going to have to go w/ PS3 there....
But Wii vs 360 now.... vote here on that topic and win a wii or 360.
just keeping my eyes out for cool deals for yall!

Back