PS3 Or PS2?

Most of those reasons did not motivate me. I think the wii is a good console, but it has its quirks. I could list the quirks but that would only add 100 replies to the thread. I like the wii, but I like the ps3 more. I will defend when I need to. Ive defended the wii a few times on the ps3 boards as well.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Most of those reasons did not motivate me. I think the wii is a good console, but it has its quirks. I could list the quirks but that would only add 100 replies to the thread. I like the wii, but I like the ps3 more. I will defend when I need to. Ive defended the wii a few times on the ps3 boards as well.
Good. It's nice to see that you're not as close minded as I am about the consoles. I did vow after the GC that I wouldn't buy another console because their graphics were getting comparable to PCs, and the same titles are coming out for both. But the Wii has something that no PC can copy... Yet. You said MOST of the reasons. Was one of the reasons that motivated you, the ability to hit your friends with the Wii-Mote? That's my top reason right there. lol

They both kind of suck.
They both are kind of the same system.
They both whore shitty hardware.
So uh... PS3 or PS2...Hm Wii.

WiiPlaya said:
well because of the blue ray, and because of how much space it can hold...it is supposed to make games cost between $60 and $100 can...iunno i havent looked into that but its completly logical...

and IM NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY...i cant help it if wii owns...i still like 360 and i credit microsoft for making a VERY smart move and getting GTA on their system...gta was like one of ps2's best sellers...and there dosnt seem to be any very intriguing games that are JUST for the ps3...now theres basically no reason for anyone to want to go get ps3 other than graphics
uh huhhhh sureee and you said gameplay is what matters where ps3 is you could say just like the 360 cause they both went for graphics
and if you even looked at a ps3 game youll see they are $60.....

Screw them all. I play that fishing game on atari.

lmao i had that game, where you were the hook and you went down and up..watch out for the shark!

Last edited:
Kepa said:
WOW. PS3 is just like PS2?!?!?! Hell no. The PS3 is currently the most powerful gaming system available.

What you need to do is go to every website (NOT FORUMS) that has anything to do with video games and read reviews. Find out the specs, what they mean, look at some videos, go check one out in a store, and judge for yourself.

The PC is currently the most powerful gaming system available. Sony wants to compare their PS3 to a PC so I'll gladly do so. Compared to a PC, the PS3 is a outdated last gen gaming system.

The PS3 doesn't offer anything except movie playback right now. I was expecting some good launch titles but we got nothing. Oh well, I'll still get one for Final Fantasy XIII.

Sovieto said:
YOU HEARD IT FIRST THERE, RIGHT THERE FOLKS! FROM A NINTENDO FANBOY HIMSELF!

and just for 1 thing that i really havent heard before that i should clear up, blu ray also holds a lot of space so its a gamer's dream of a disc format, not just for the definition

Blu-ray is a data storage dream. Overpriced it is. Belongs in the PS3 it doesn't.

Yeah they should have used dvd's and crammed every game on 10 disks. Or they could have used hd dvd which holds less data that another company developed. Good reasoning :lol:

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah they should have used dvd's and crammed every game on 10 disks. Or they could have used hd dvd which holds less data that another company developed. Good reasoning :lol:

They had no reason to use Blu-Ray plain and obvious. Their choice, yes, a bad choice, yes. Will it lead to premature failure of Sony as a console company? Probably not, just less sales and less games.

WiiPlaya said:
its a graphics machine...and gameplay is what matters

ps3 is the most unorigional and unlogical system ever...they copy ideas from everyone (motion sensers from wii, guide button from 360) plus its not the high def era of gaming. most people dont have high definition so blu-ray is a messup for them

plenty of other reasons but dont wanna type this all on my wii (takes too long )

Right On! Thats all im saying. Theres a thing on Nsider that showed the comparisons of Nintendo to Playstation for a while now. It was funny.

Im supposed to care about polls? Sony is selling a crapload of systems and they will sell a ton more when the rest of the world gets a chance to buy one. Theres great games coming out, and will continue to put out awesome games. I guess your trying to prove that alot of people like the wii (including myself) since I won one. Thanks for showing that alot of poeple like a gaming system that I own :)

Wii&Ps3 said:
Im supposed to care about polls? Sony is selling a crapload of systems and they will sell a ton more when the rest of the world gets a chance to buy one. Theres great games coming out, and will continue to put out awesome games. I guess your trying to prove that alot of people like the wii (including myself) since I won one. Thanks for showing that alot of poeple like a gaming system that I own :)

Blu-Ray.com's stats are the equivalent to a poll. A poll provided by blu-ray.com's staff.

Sony isn't barely selling anything. That Poll there at least shows it, 55% of those people say its not worth it. System of the Year is Wii by a huge margin. Again that's based on polls with people that regularly visit there. Sony is barely selling anything in the US, PS3s are stocked everywhere. Maybe the other countries will enjoy it more, but as for now its quite apparent that no one really wants one. There may be great games coming out---no one knows for sure as we haven't played them yet. I have yet to play a launch title that was any good for the PS3 though.

No problem, at least now you finally are comprehending that the PS3 isn't doing very well and it isn't because the whole world can't buy one yet. It's their hardware that is failing them in sales. PS3's are stocked just about everywhere these days. It'd be hard to go out to buy one and come home empty handed with extra accessories and games. If only it were more fun it might actually have a chance. I'm not claiming it won't ever have any good games or won't ever be any fun, but it just isn't right now. The only title that is any good is that resistance game and its nothing more than a generic fps that everyone played years ago. That's the main reason why people showboat it....look at what else it is compared to lol. Everything else is a complete flop to every other ps3 game resistance looks like a masterpiece.

That being said I still say PS2 all the way.

Must we keep this up? This is a Wii forum so obviously people here are going to favor the Wii. No need to ask this question. Fans of the PS3 will defend it to the death, even if they don't have a good game to back it up. Fans of the Wii will defend it to the death, and feel better about themsleves for not shelling out an obscene amount of money for it even if by some bizzarre quirk of a chance it fails. Which is highly unlikely. All I say is Sony had a good run at the top, but Nintendo's back.

Back