PSP vs. DS

Don't flame me and this is just my opinion, but I think the PSP has better games. Sure, the DS is origional, but I can only take so much of sidescrolling easy to beat games.

i like classic epic games that will stand the test of time, not your oridinary, run of the mill games you'll find on any platform. such as:

new super mario bros (if you've been gaming for any length of time, you understand why this game is so great)

mario kart ds (rated as the best mario kart game ever, and rightly so, you can't beat the controls)

metroid prime hunters (both multiplayer and single player are crazy addictive, it really brings console gaming to a handheld)

starfox ds (strategy and stylus controlled flight battle game on a handheld?! yup it happened!)

trauma center (surgery sim, the first of it's kind, and an experience you'll only find on the ds, and now the wii :smilewinkgrin: )

honorable mentions:

advance wars dual strike
phoenix wright ace attorney
brothers in arms
dragon quest rocket slime
castlevania
kirby canvas curse

forthcoming games that are all guaranteed to be absolute gold:

zelda phantom hourglass
ninja gaiden ds
contra 4
donkey kong king of swing

dunno bout you, but :yikes:

Yeah I agree those are great games, even though I prefer consoles over portables..and I will be getting soon a game called Jam Sessions, it's an actual guitar game, real by the way, where you can play strings and record music and even your voice, you could connect it to a synthesizer and stereo, etc. now let's see the PSP do that..I don't think it can.

lackluster dj said:
i like classic epic games that will stand the test of time, not your oridinary, run of the mill games you'll find on any platform. such as:

new super mario bros (if you've been gaming for any length of time, you understand why this game is so great)

mario kart ds (rated as the best mario kart game ever, and rightly so, you can't beat the controls)

metroid prime hunters (both multiplayer and single player are crazy addictive, it really brings console gaming to a handheld)

starfox ds (strategy and stylus controlled flight battle game on a handheld?! yup it happened!)

trauma center (surgery sim, the first of it's kind, and an experience you'll only find on the ds, and now the wii :smilewinkgrin: )

honorable mentions:

advance wars dual strike
phoenix wright ace attorney
brothers in arms
dragon quest rocket slime
castlevania
kirby canvas curse

forthcoming games that are all guaranteed to be absolute gold:

zelda phantom hourglass
ninja gaiden ds
contra 4
donkey kong king of swing

dunno bout you, but :yikes:

I like challanging games that have good controls, and I like sports games such as:

Madden
Fifa
UEFA
Battlefront
Tom Clancy
Mario games are pretty fun
MOH
SOCOM
etc.

I love my psp, if your a 12 year old girl than go with a DS. It might suit you better than a multi-media handheld. I mean all your getting with a psp is everything. Just sux that i cant play Pokemon, DAMNIT.

Hey I can not compare them I only have a PSP but I love it I am a big RPG gamer so I love the games out for the PSP

DS has a wider array of games, spanning gba to ds, touches on every genre. its better than psp as a gaming system, as a multimedia system no, psp has that.

JAKE196 said:
The DS has a way better library.

If you want a multimedia devise get a pssp.
My next portable system is going to be a DS Lite for sure but I still like the psp

Meh. I have both.
PSP is badass strictly for LocoRoco and We Love Katamari. UMD movies are pretty slick too.

DS is badass for Pokemanz, GBA games, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing,
and Mario and Luigi Partners through Time.

DEAN616 said:
I love my psp, if your a 12 year old girl than go with a DS. It might suit you better than a multi-media handheld. I mean all your getting with a psp is everything. Just sux that i cant play Pokemon, DAMNIT.
That made me laugh, saying get a DS if youre a 12 year old girl then wanting Pokemon on PSP. :lol:

The winners of the portable scene is always the one that is the most portable and has the best battery life. Thats why the Gameboy murdered the Sega Gamegear despite the Gamegear looking much better.

The DS and PSP situation is almost a repeat of the GB and GG.

Nintendo knows that portabilty and battery life are key factors, Sony didnt seem to realise that and went for flashier graphics and multimedia bumf. Thats why the DS murders it in sales.

I know 3 PSP owners and 2 of them have never even taken it out of their house, its more of a lazying on the couch playing kind of thing. I only know 1 DS owner and they take it everywhere with them.

If i was to buy one portable it would be the DS, it is more portable, has better battery life, with lots of pick up and play games.

Im actually still happy with my GBA though, it fits in my pocket, battery lasts ages and a quick play of DOTC, Bubble Bobble or Mario fills up the time waiting at a bus stop or wherever.

Back