PSP vs. DS

ah, poor new generations...they think what they got is the best and it's all that...just like this here fellow above me..try the DS and experience the difference.

FR. said:
Nowhere do you mention sales of the handheld consoles. All you say is that the DS is better than the PSP. That, is opinion. If you said that the DS, as of right now is selling more than the PSP, that would be acceptable as a fact. What you wrote, hardly constitutes of a fact.

And don't say that I'm PSP biased because I don't even own a PSP, I own a DS. Usually when I look and rate gaming consoles, I lok at the pros and cons of each console before saying that it's better than another one. I chose the DS because of it's price and it's looks. HOWEVER, somebody else might think that the PSP looks better and appeals to them more...that is perfectly fine, that's there opinion, I respect that.

I do not respect people that post opinions and call them facts, when they are just being biased.

I'm done with my rant.

~FR.
Your right.....that was biased...and you know what i take all that stuff i said that were biased to the PSP back!!
It was wrong....i was only talking good about the DS and not the PSP...why? B/c in my opinion the DS is better than the PSP....which in my mind(dont aks why)makes it a fact!
"Trust me, i do my best to respect other ppl's opinions.......if you went to the threads ppl posted about the ps3 and 360...you would see me doing the same thing that your doing....and thats telling other folks to stop being biased....im glad that you noticed i was, but that still doesnt change the fact that i think and or know that the DS is better than the PSP!

:Oh, and uh...dont go checking the PS3 and 360 threads to see if i was doing the same thing you were doing....you and others on wiichat might have noticed that I Cyanrussel has not been online for a while!

(Oh and ummm, thanks for the lookout!)

We all can actually agree the DS is better. I had both systems at one time, and you know witch one I got rid of? Yea the PSP. Its game selection is horrible, everything about it sucks. Why the hell would you want most the **** it has? By a ****ing ipod if you want music, buy a video ipod thing if you want video, or watch it on the damn television, its bigger screen anyways. Last, pictures are cool, they are fun to look at, and fun to throw them up as your wallpaper. Other than that man, the PSP fails, horribly. They try to throw all these things in, that are more successful on other things. Internet is far from half decent, its slower than hell, why not use your computer? All the features on the PSP are poorly done, even the graphics are a bit crappy. Now the DS. There is a good system. None of that cheap half decent crap. You can play games, and now browse the internet, witch again, is pointless. It has better games, more games, easier to communicate with other systems. Just all out, a better system, and the sales prove this. You can go on and on about how good the PSP is over the DS, even while your making no since in your comments. You will sit there and whine about it, until finally they get board of you, or your just so stupid its pointless to continue. Saying the PSP is better, is like saying atari now days, beats the next gen systems. It is opinion, but we know the right answer.... FR, please, shut up, and accept the fact... DS pwns PSP. Always have, always will.

{Axtlár} said:
ah, poor new generations...they think what they got is the best and it's all that...just like this here fellow above me..try the DS and experience the difference.

Um, just so you know, I created this thread, and if you read it, it said that I already have a DS. Actually read the first post before you go commenting on things you have no idea about. You can't even play decent sports games on the DS, and the graphics aren't that good in certain games. In some they are, but some like Brothers in arms they're terrible.

Who said that the game intended it to have realistic graphics? if you want good graphics in a sports game either go watch the Yankees or the dang Costa de Marfil live in an staduim, or go play yourself a sport. the DS has creative games (like I said before), it is intended to have creative, imaginable games and it does a hell of a good work doing so, and in the way it also gives good graphics, when they want to, it's not that they CAN'T, it depends on the game...Who wants mere FPS and sports games which are the sole games the PSP has? only blind, dumb people who only want graphics. And before running your greasy fingers on that keyboard telling me to first read something in a page far away for my attention when entering this thread before commenting, actually read the past posts in the SAME page that we are in...For the snark was a boojum, you see?

supanova said:
You are welcome and, yes, it does make you a goose.
wow, u made a new username to make fun of me! wow, thats 3rd grade crap. seriously mature up a little bit. can u come up with a new insult besides calling me a goose? Fr is right, the ds being better is not a fact, my opinion is that more ds are being sold that psp is because they are cheap and this is a cheap world. obviously its hard to say it in a nintendo forum because everyone is soo obsesssed over them really entertaining games such as nintendogs, catz, and horsez? come on, you seriously cannnot tell me that those games are entertaining. the psp has everything taht the ds has except for an abundence of never ending kiddish games such as horsez and barbies. Come on, there isnt much entertainment coming from teh ds. psp has movies, you can put dowloaded vids music or pics on there, from what i know the ds doesnt have that. what i like about teh ds is its online games. i am not taking sides, i just present facts.

I think i might crack now, ds fanboys ranting about the sales. let me get this straight. NO ONE GIVES A S**T ABOUT SALES BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE DS BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER THAN THE PSP!!! SO STOP COMPARING SALES YOU BLUBBERING DULLARD!!! UUGGHH!!! YOU COULD COMPARE SALES IF ONE WASNT 100 DOLLARS MORE THAN THE OTHER , U GOT THAT!!!

Last edited:
{Axtlár} said:
Who said that the game intended it to have realistic graphics? if you want good graphics in a sports game either go watch the Yankees or the dang Costa de Marfil live in an staduim, or go play yourself a sport. the DS has creative games (like I said before), it is intended to have creative, imaginable games and it does a hell of a good work doing so, and in the way it also gives good graphics, when they want to, it's not that they CAN'T, it depends on the game...Who wants mere FPS and sports games which are the sole games the PSP has? only blind, dumb people who only want graphics. And before running your greasy fingers on that keyboard telling me to first read something in a page far away for my attention when entering this thread before commenting, actually read the past posts in the SAME page that we are in...For the snark was a boojum, you see?
creative games?... like what? i bet now you will come back with a game like brain age? come on, that game isnt creative, its a bunch of problems. i might like the game better if it actually knows what number you put in. i had a hell of a time trying to write 84, and it kept submitting 63

tylertulli said:
wow, u made a new username to make fun of me! wow, thats 3rd grade crap. seriously mature up a little bit. can u come up with a new insult besides calling me a goose? Fr is right, the ds being better is not a fact, my opinion is that more ds are being sold that psp is because they are cheap and this is a cheap world. obviously its hard to say it in a nintendo forum because everyone is soo obsesssed over them really entertaining games such as nintendogs, catz, and horsez? come on, you seriously cannnot tell me that those games are entertaining. the psp has everything taht the ds has except for an abundence of never ending kiddish games such as horsez and barbies. Come on, there isnt much entertainment coming from teh ds. psp has movies, you can put dowloaded vids music or pics on there, from what i know the ds doesnt have that. what i like about teh ds is its online games. i am not taking sides, i just present facts.

I think i might crack now, ds fanboys ranting about the sales. let me get this straight. NO ONE GIVES A S**T ABOUT SALES BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE DS BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER THAN THE PSP!!! SO STOP COMPARING SALES YOU BLUBBERING DULLARD!!! UUGGHH!!! YOU COULD COMPARE SALES IF ONE WASNT 100 DOLLARS MORE THAN THE OTHER , U GOT THAT!!!

man if you honestly think the only reason the ds has outsold the psp is because of price you are quite naive.

look at the software.

have you seen the sales figures on games like brain age? it's one of the top 20 games in sales of all time. ALL TIME. that's a list that has super mario bros 3 towards the top.

i mean come on. the psp identified a core demographic of people who perfer watered down ps2 style games that want to sit down and play said watered down game for hours on end.

the ds was designed to be picked up, played for a quick 20 or so minutes, and put away. that is what portable gaming is all about.

longer in depth gaming is for home consoles. portable gaming is all about quick pick up and play gaming.

that is why nintendo is winning. they know the market and they own it because they've been there before, they've pioneered portable gaming and the sales figures show that.

oh and the ds does do movies, pics, and emulation btw.

it also has a vastly superior fps control set up that comes close to mouse and keys style aiming, while the psp requires an analog 'nub' and some buttons.... pretty weak if you ask me. where's the second nub?

Last edited:
tylertulli said:
wow, u made a new username to make fun of me! wow, thats 3rd grade crap.

What the hell?

A new username to make fun of you?

Now, that's just lies!

I'll make fun of you from this usename, thank you very much!

And what do you have against 3rd grade? That's just mean!!!!

tylertulli said:

Get a life.

dont buy a psp or you'll start talking like this guy :lol:

what a lot of ppl dont understand about the whole "ppl buy it cuz its cheaper" is that that explanation for why their console is losing is a load of horse sh!t.

when someone decides to buy a gaming system (handheld or otherwise) that someone does research because that someone doesnt want to spend 130 bucks and then have to return it to the store for 70. people buy what they want, whether it's cheaper or not. if someone (like a parent) wanted to buy a cheap handheld for their kid to shut them up once in a while, wouldn't they buy a gba? its a hell of a lot cheaper, so why isnt the gba winning the handheld war? your logic makes no sense.

facts are facts. I got a PSP first and it worked well for me. I travelled the world and it came to good use for games, movies, tv shows, music, internet, etc. But the graphics are rubbish, too many glitches, the load times are ****ing **** and the games just suck.

I got a DS early last year and I do love it. Castelvania WFT !@!!! lollerskatsZZZZZ!!!

Seriously though. I like both, but DS wins out, and it always will. **** costs of the PSP and games, etc. Most people will turn to the DS for quality any ****in' day. Rantsies, oversies.

i have both and i probably like my PSP more.
the MAIN reason why is because i have a custom firmware and i use it to play tons of SNES games or download PSP games onto it...(kinda funny im using a Sony handheld to play out of date nintendo games) if you juss plan on getting one to play games i would go with the DS but if u want to hack and have other media functions go with the PSP

{Axtlár} said:

Wow. If I want good graphics in a game I should watch the Yankees???? Just so you know, people can't control the Yankees. The Yankees control if they win or not. The whole point of sports games is that you control the action. That's the fun of it. And its YOUR opinion if you don't like graphics. It's ok that the DS's graphics suck. But it's not ok, when people like you go stating facts that are actually your opinions. I happen to like sports games and FPS's. I guess you like doing math problems and taking control of italian plumbers trying to save princesses. But don't say "Who wants mere FPS's and sports games?" when the majority of people do.

Back