PSwii = 850$
Wii60 = 550$
PC = 800$+ ?

At math you
fail.jpg

lol funny pic.

Its more like this:

PS3: $599 one time cost.
360: $299 + $100 for 20gig HD + $50 a year for online play + (more if you want wi-fi, rechargable batteries, accessories the ps3 already has) + (if you want HD-DVD add another $200) + Warranty cause the red lights of doom are quite common, you need microsoft to send you someone elses refurb.
Wii: $250, outdated console, + expensive accesories + classic controller. It all adds up.

Guess what would really be more.
a wiips3 combo or a wii60 combo? Microsoft and nintendo are smart in that they trick the consumer into spending more over time than all at once, giving the image of cheapness. Its a common marketing method used to hook and milk consumers. Its not bad either, but its not very consumer friendly in the long run.

The PS3 is doing something a bit different, one flat price. Its like those mmorpgs that give you the option to pay monthly $15 or a lifetime 1 time fee of $150. If you plan on playing over a year and a half obviously the life time price is better, but if you plan on playing less than that, the cheaper per month is better.

So in this case the wii and the 360 do the one cost plus additional costs to make up for it. Or the rout of the PS3 which is you pay one cost, and online play and those accessories come in one big package. If you plan on playing for over a year and a half, the PS3 is the best deal. If you plan on playing less than that, the wii and the 360 will make up the deal. Sony is incorporating game ads and other sources of revinue into the online store, HOME..ect in order for companies to pay for the servers for you, so you dont have to pay to use their services. Its quite genius. Kind of like how anarchy online was free because there were in game adds on futuristic builboards.

Its quite simple really.

Including the warranty is not an accurate representation.
The HD-DVD player is NOT for games.
50$ extra for online play is misleading considering how much better it is that the offering from Nintendo and Sony

But Ill go along with you
Xbox 360 elite 480$ Which includes a subscription to XBL, a headset and the HDMI cable
Wii 250
730$

The similarly equiped PS3 is still nearly the same price of both systems.

I'd be more inclined to say Wii and PS3 as I'm a fan (boy) of Gran Tourismo.

Well since I already have one of the combinations and the ps3's price does not justify its value to me I would go with the wii60.

ciper said:
Including the warranty is not an accurate representation.
The HD-DVD player is NOT for games.
50$ extra for online play is misleading considering how much better it is that the offering from Nintendo and Sony

But Ill go along with you
Xbox 360 elite 480$ Which includes a subscription to XBL, a headset and the HDMI cable
Wii 250
730$

The similarly equiped PS3 is still nearly the same price of both systems.

but a lot of places do charge more for the extended warranty, which is needed because of all the problems the 360's started having a year later.
also having played both Xbox live and the PS3's online service. I have to say there really is no difference, in fact i felt that the PS3's was a lot more responsive and easy to use. People argue that XL is so much better, but its like saying that red apples are better than green apples. They are practically the same, only one you pay for.

$50 isnt worth playing online, especially when you are already paying for the internet service on top of that.

Its still going to come out more than your $730 price tag. Over all 360 users will end up spending more total on their system than on a ps3. Again if you play XBL for a couple of years you are already up a hundred or two dollars.

again, if you want to buy an another set of controllers for your wii you spend 40 for the wiimote, plus another 20 for the nunchaku = $60 where as the PS3 controller and the 360 controller is stuck at $40. Also they plan on you having to upgrade your Hard Drives via their products, where as with the PS3 it uses any brand PC hard drives, which are better and cheaper. For a little over $100 you can get a 500gig hard drive in your ps3, as compared to say the 360 you would pay 100 for a 20gig.

Between the 360 and the PS3, they are both going to run you over $600 alone. The 360 gets its money from you over time, thats their strategy. Like you can buy a printer for cheap, but where printer companies make money is off over priced ink cartriges. Same concept with the 360 and Wii. Again its not bad, just different.

Shiftfallout said:
but a lot of places do charge more for the extended warranty, which is needed because of all the problems the 360's started having a year later.
also having played both Xbox live and the PS3's online service. I have to say there really is no difference, in fact i felt that the PS3's was a lot more responsive and easy to use. People argue that XL is so much better, but its like saying that red apples are better than green apples. They are practically the same, only one you pay for.

$50 isnt worth playing online, especially when you are already paying for the internet service on top of that.

Its still going to come out more than your $730 price tag. Over all 360 users will end up spending more total on their system than on a ps3. Again if you play XBL for a couple of years you are already up a hundred or two dollars.

again, if you want to buy an another set of controllers for your wii you spend 40 for the wiimote, plus another 20 for the nunchaku = $60 where as the PS3 controller and the 360 controller is stuck at $40. Also they plan on you having to upgrade your Hard Drives via their products, where as with the PS3 it uses any brand PC hard drives, which are better and cheaper. For a little over $100 you can get a 500gig hard drive in your ps3, as compared to say the 360 you would pay 100 for a 20gig.

Between the 360 and the PS3, they are both going to run you over $600 alone. The 360 gets its money from you over time, thats their strategy. Like you can buy a printer for cheap, but where printer companies make money is off over priced ink cartriges. Same concept with the 360 and Wii. Again its not bad, just different.
???
for the launch units and a little after the problems would vary in when they show, and its not like they bug as much anymore

I would rather have the choice of purchasing the additional items.
Who says the PS3 won't also need the extended warranty after a year?
Online play is nice but there are plenty of consoles that will be used in the traditional sense.
I swore the 360 used regular sata drives. In fact I remember reading that even el cheapo usb adapters are compatible with the portable device application.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/USB Hard Drive Mod.htm

Sovieto said:
???
for the launch units and a little after the problems would vary in when they show, and its not like they bug as much anymore

well, most of the red light of doom problems started showing up right after the warranty ended for most people, or so I have read. My friends 360 had the red light of doom right but he was safe. He sent it back and the one he got back was someone elses used 360, which was funny because that also died a week later.

What microsoft is doing is changing the CPU like with what Sony did, cheaper, faster and cooler. The problem with the 360 was that the mobo was bending as well.

Im not dissing the 360, but that perhaps is the biggest flaw of the 360 and its hell to get it fixed, aka shipping nightmare.

Back