QUESTION: Do you seriously think that KH is coming to Wii?

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
Okay, seriously - do you actually think that Kingdom Hearts will make an appearance on Wii?

I've got to say, as much as I would LOVE, and I mean love, SE to do it, I really don't see it happening. Why? Although Square is sharing the love with Nintendo, you have to remember that Kingdom Hearts is a Sony (PS2) exclusive. In light of recent events, I don't think Sony wants to lose this major exclusive. I'm willing to bet you Sony is doing anything in their power to get FF as an exclusive and I'm sure KH has come into the equation.

BUT THEN - I also think about it this way. Let's face it PS3 fans - the PS3 isn't selling well, well, not now anyways. I think it would be a very smart move that Square would move towards a bigger audience. And also talking about audience... Kingdom Hearts has disney characters. I'm sure when we think of Disney we get an automatic kiddy image in our head. Well, wouldn't it make sense for a Disney-related game to go to the console that is seen as the most 'kiddy' by many people? Especially now with a huge demand for Wii.

I'm really torn about the decision - but I keep leaning more to no. I think KH was made for PS and I don't really see that changing.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

I want it on Wii because: I have a Wii and my parents never let me to buy a second nex-gen console. :cryin:
I don't want it on Wii because:I think it doesn't suit well with Wii Remote.

If they make it Classic Controller compatible, there won't be any problem.

I have both KH1 and KH2 on my Ps2 and it was great it would be awsome if they made it on the wii remember when they made a KH on GBA ? so maybe they might make it on the wii since both are nintendo

Homesrfan said:
Okay, seriously - do you actually think that Kingdom Hearts will make an appearance on Wii?
No. But we can certainly hope. I mean if something like Devil May Cry 3 became multi format, anything could happen!

I've got to say, as much as I would LOVE, and I mean love, SE to do it, I really don't see it happening. Why? Although Square is sharing the love with Nintendo, you have to remember that Kingdom Hearts is a Sony (PS2) exclusive. In light of recent events, I don't think Sony wants to lose this major exclusive. I'm willing to bet you Sony is doing anything in their power to get FF as an exclusive and I'm sure KH has come into the equation.
Actually, I think Kingdom Hearts is more owned by Disney (at least the main three characters are). Besides, Squareenix isn't completely run by Sony. We see that with all sorts of Squareenix franchises coming to both Wii and 360 (not to mention 360). Besides, Disney created a new studio specifically designed to focus on the Wii, which means it's very much possible to switch control of the Kingdom Hearts project to that studio instead of Bueno Vista Games, especially as the first one was originally with Disney Interactive.

BUT THEN - I also think about it this way. Let's face it PS3 fans - the PS3 isn't selling well, well, not now anyways. I think it would be a very smart move that Square would move towards a bigger audience. And also talking about audience... Kingdom Hearts has disney characters. I'm sure when we think of Disney we get an automatic kiddy image in our head. Well, wouldn't it make sense for a Disney-related game to go to the console that is seen as the most 'kiddy' by many people? Especially now with a huge demand for Wii.
It would make sense. Especially considering the PlayStation 3 is targeting the "Core Gamer". This is one so-called "kiddie game" that I would love to have on the Wii.

I'm really torn about the decision - but I keep leaning more to no. I think KH was made for PS and I don't really see that changing.
Even if I tempted you with a cookie?

Let's hope I'm wrong.
Here's to hoping.

You don't need to use the Wiimote, but I would say that they would try it out first to see how it would feel. Also, I think the game could easily have downloadable content including new worlds, new spells, new keyblades, new outfits, etc... Online has the potential to extend a games lifespan if used properly, and I think Kingdom Hearts is a franchise that could benefit greatly from it.

hakkans said:
I want it on Wii because: I have a Wii and my parents never let me to buy a second nex-gen console. :cryin:
I don't want it on Wii because:I think it doesn't suit well with Wii Remote.

If they make it Classic Controller compatible, there won't be any problem.

Wii is a nexgen console, in my mind the only one.

I think it will, squar enx is making big hits on wii, and don't know the meaning of loyal if it smack them in the face. With chain of memorys a huge hit on gameboy im sure we'll see more of micky and his magic key soon enough.

I think it would be a great franchise to come to the Wii. However bad Jack Sparrow's voice acting is, I can deal.

At first I thought it wasn't going to happen, but now with FF 13 possibly slipping from Sony's grips, I'm not so sure.

Mallhew said:
I think it would be a great franchise to come to the Wii. However bad Jack Sparrow's voice acting is, I can deal.

At first I thought it wasn't going to happen, but now with FF 13 possibly slipping from Sony's grips, I'm not so sure.
I still expect FF to go exclusively to PS3.

And everyone saying there is already a topic about this, or that "this was a hoax". Yeah - Mushroom Kingdom Hearts was, but I'm asking if you think there is a possibility of it coming to Wii.

Back