Question on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Mingus

Any Mingus Tea?
Aug 21, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
Ok, so I was at my local gamestop checking out MP3 when I noticed MP2 next to it. Now a while back I played MP1 and was siked about number three, then I thought about, there's a number two?! Then I started to think about it, do I want to ruin the trilogy and just play number 3 and should I buy number two and three and play through the second and wait on the third. Just let me know what you guys think because I wasn't sure what I should do.

mp 2 kool just play which ever you think looks better im british so i cant tell you which one better cause its not out till october damn you nintendo (metroid timeline isnt in order anyway)

If you enjoyed the first, it only makes sense to get the second. I'm not sure what people have against it. I really enjoyed playing it. Heck, I didn't mind the backtracking, made it longer than needed but that isn't always a bad thing.

I say get it, if only to complete your "Prime" collection.

2 is good, not the best though
it had A LOT better graphics than the first 1, and longer

but in some cases backtracking became annoying with the light/dark world thing

if your a big fan of metroid get it, (after all it does have dark samus)

if not, dont bother cause mp2 doesnt have anything to do with space pirates

Man, I'm pumped for the release of MP3 but I feeling like i'm blowin it if I skip the second one, it's like watching Lord of the rings 1 and 3.... I don't think that would work out so well.

I'm also in the same boat. I have already bought Echoes but didn't get a chance to play it over the summer. Should I skip echoes and go to 3 because I already have it or would I not be doing justice to myself if I skipped 2 and played 3 knowing I might never come back for a long time.

You don't need metroid prime 2 to keep up with the plot, and there won't be any spoilers by playing metroid prime 3 first. Each series is a stand-alone game loosely centered around an evolving storyline, if you want to be "caught up" then check out the metroid retrospective on gametrailers.com

I never played Metroid 2 or Metroid Hunters, and I don't feel lost at all while playing #3 for what it's worth.

Back