Racism

King of Pop

Platinum Lord
Mar 27, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Wii Online Code
1254-9433-9791-1069
I'm glad blacks and whites are getting along. Its the arabs and mexicans that everyone picks on =/ I like the American kind of Asians, Mexicans, Arabs, etc. How about u guys

Racism is still pretty prevalent in the United States, not to mention LOTS of other parts of the world that are even worse off.

I'm glad we have gotten a long as a human race, as well.

We have come a long way in racial equality, but racism is still around, as Boethiah has said, and still incites sick and twisted racial hatred. Even in the United States. Don't let the times fool you on that. Thankfully, however, the amount of areas of prevalence have been greatly minimized over the past few decades (but wherever they remain, it's still pretty strong and should be approached by minorities with extreme caution).

When you think about it, Racism is childish, and the times are slowly, but surely, showing the masses this. It baffles me why there are people who would actually attempt to find it justifiable in anything.

Last edited:
I'm glad we have gotten a long as a human race, as well.

We have come a long way in racial equality, but racism is still around, as Boethiah has said, and still incites sick and twisted racial hatred. Even in the United States. Don't let the times fool you on that. Thankfully, however, the amount of areas of prevalence have been greatly minimized over the past few decades (but wherever they remain, it's still pretty strong and should be approached by minorities with extreme caution).

When you think about it, Racism is childish, and the times are slowly, but surely, showing the masses this. It baffles me why there are people who would actually attempt to find it justifiable in anything.

With that being said, let's bring up this scenario:
You're a hard working, United States born citizen. You have been working in an establishment for years but wait; illegal immigrants (let's choose Mexicans for argument's sake) come to your establishment and take your job. Due to the tough times and acceptance of a smaller pay, any employer would jump upon the chance of hiring a cheaper worker for the same effort.
All this brings up the question: Does this American (out of a job) have the right to be racist against Mexicans if it's happening on a major scale? You made the argument that it's unjustifiable. Let's test it! :p

For the record, I'm not really that racist. I just wanna get a deeper perspective on other's feelings.

Here in Britain, we don't have anywhere near the racism in the US. Here, class is more of an issue than race. But yeah, I live in London, where black people constitute 10 % of the population. I worked out that that's 700,000 people, 350,000 of which must be women, at least 150,000 of which must be in the age group 15-20, of which around 90,000 of which must be attractive. So, that's 90,000 women I can choose from, just from this city alone. Damn, I'm spoilt for choice.

Here in Britain, we don't have anywhere near the racism in the US.

Go England!.

And, Here in NZ it's not that big either. Except for deep down, Ocassionally I do hear racist comments towards Foreigners. Mainly Indian and South-East Asians.

come to your establishment and take your job.

NOTHING in this World is for just one person or type of Person.
Who's to say whose land is whose?. (Spelling?).

I think many Australians have a mindset that your only Australian if your White.
(From what I've seen).

New Zealand is kinda similair.

You're a hard working, United States born citizen. You have been working in an establishment for years but wait; illegal immigrants (let's choose Mexicans for argument's sake) come to your establishment and take your job. Due to the tough times and acceptance of a smaller pay, any employer would jump upon the chance of hiring a cheaper worker for the same effort.
All this brings up the question: Does this American (out of a job) have the right to be racist against Mexicans if it's happening on a major scale? You made the argument that it's unjustifiable. Let's test it! :p

For the record, I'm not really that racist. I just wanna get a deeper perspective on other's feelings.
Let's put it another way:
Person A: You, the employed
Person B: The illegal immigrant
Person C: The employer.

The illegal immigrant comes in. Why? Usually because they want a better standard of life. The employer hires him and fires you. Why? Because they want to spend as little as they can and get the most work out of their employer. They take advantage of the illegal status of some immigrants because unlike you, they can't go to the authorities about unfair employment situations.

So what you're saying is, is that we cannot blame the employer, simply because they are acting on the noble capitalistic nature they have, which is what America is built upon. Instead, the blame must be on the illegal immigrant (considering most would be considered illegal if the US had their fill of professionals and they're not in danger of being persecuted, tortured or killed if they stay in their own country (actually, not too sure about asylum seekers and the US, they probably have more apathy than the UK on that score)). The illegal immigrant that simply wants a better standard of living for themselves and their family (as would anyone), and despite the crappyness of how they will be treated, they'd still be better off in the US than in their own country.

I realise that I painted a picture that most republicans would call either propaganda or 'liberal', but then if I cannot see where the logic fails.

Racism is a hotly debated topic in general. The problem is, is that people cannot decide what constitutes racist actions/attitudes. In my opinion, anything that distinguishes race for no other reasoning other than to disclude or discriminate, then it's racist and unwarranted. However, it's inaccurate (not racist in itself, more naive) to ignore differences. For example, sickle cell anemia is something people from afro-carrabean descent may suffer from more than people from european descent. That is a scientific (and taught in school) fact. By the same token, there are diseases that hit other races more than others, and I'm sure there are negative effects of having whiter skin.

Overall, racism is irrational, much like homophobia or sexism. It does not occur naturally, people are either taught it, or experience something that shouldn't be representative of any such group (i.e a bad experience which tarnishes your opinion of a group of people, and misinforms you). Groups based on ideology on the other hand, can be, by their very nature, harmful and irrational (such as the BNP, Nazism or KKK). Ideology should be about accepting, not about manipulating and excluding.

No, he doesn't (and I'm assuming this American is caucasian). If all of Mexico happened to have all caucasian immigrants he would still be pissed.

Here's the thing: The guy's central issue would be with immigration standards...not the skin color of the immigrants. To turn racist at this incident would be going from a sensible disagreement to unreasonable judgment. To be racist at all completely degrades everyone who belongs to that racial group, yet not every single hispanic is an immigrant, nor is every Mexican going to immigrate to the US. To make it simple, it's developing a frame of mind that discriminates beyond the issue-at-hand, which is often what racism causes in people.

The bottom line is that racism is ultimately pointless. Race does not determine the content of a person's character, so it doesn't make any sense to use it as a basis of evaluating anyone.

Last edited:
There's absolutely nothing racist about opposing illegal immigration, because it's a drain on the economy. The key part of this though is the 'illegal' bit, as opposed to legal immigration where they contribute to the country just like normal citizens. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to recognise the difference between legal and illegal immigration, and this issue gets used by scum like the Front National and the BNP to justify their racist ideologies (and before Jack/Dr Mario replies, any party that wants to ban inter-racial relationships is racist).

http://www.thestar.com/article/664421
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/07/german-trial-hijab-murder-egypt

It's funny how the second article never made the news in the US. If it was a muslim killing a german women they would have discussed it for weeks.

The first article still highlights that it was a european who stabbed the muslim woman, and how "appalling" it is that there is western ignorance to the incident. Isn't that the underlying problem you are implying?

Last edited:
Yeah the first article mentions the story in the second article but the story itself was not covered in America to my knowledge. Not sure what you're asking though? :p Just thought it was pertinent as the OP mentioned arabs and such being the target of a lot of racism these days which is very true.

The police shot the pregnant woman who is being stabbed's husband instead of the german guy with the knife? Why?

I watched a documentary the other day about a puerto rican street banger who converted and moved from his neighborhood. They established a mosque and he was working at a jail to help inmates reform. The FBI raided the mosque on a friday during service (which would be like raiding a church on sunday during service) for no real reason.

Last edited:
There's absolutely nothing racist about opposing illegal immigration, because it's a drain on the economy. The key part of this though is the 'illegal' bit, as opposed to legal immigration where they contribute to the country just like normal citizens. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to recognise the difference between legal and illegal immigration, and this issue gets used by scum like the Front National and the BNP to justify their racist ideologies (and before Jack/Dr Mario replies, any party that wants to ban inter-racial relationships is racist).

Haha, yes, that's the most laughable policy of them all. Apparantly it destroys a bloodline or something, I dunno.

Yeah the first article mentions the story in the second article but the story itself was not covered in America to my knowledge. Not sure what you're asking though? :p Just thought it was pertinent as the OP mentioned arabs and such being the target of a lot of racism these days which is very true.

The police shot the pregnant woman who is being stabbed's husband instead of the german guy with the knife? Why?

Can I say, that was an Islamaphobic attack, not an Arabphobic one. There are many Christian Arabs and many white Muslims- do not think the terms Arab and Muslim are synonymous.

... any employer would jump upon the chance of hiring a cheaper worker for the same effort.
All this brings up the question: Does this American (out of a job) have the right to be racist against Mexicans if it's happening on a major scale?

No, but he does have the right to report his former employer to the authorities.

Back