Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)

"I'd call it cruel fate rather than irony. And you can lower your weapon, I'm an ally of the three this time. My god's plan promised peace and the Shadows are preventing that peace. I mean you no harm." Seth looked around for a moment before turning his attention back to Caedus. "Are you the only one here? Where are the officials that run this city?"

"Well...It's certainly...Spacious." Fringe said, then looked around, "I doubt they'll find us in here." Rather tired, she sat down and leaned against one of the walls, then looked at the two, after giving an exasperated sigh, she asked, "...Well...Now what? We can't stay in here forever."
She stared at the two of them, neither seemed the sort to have a number of friends they could run to for back up. But then again, she didn't have anyone like that either. These two were the closest things to 'comrades' she had had in a few years. Still not fully trusting either of them, she decided to ask the simplest question she could, "Who are the two of you?"

"I'd call it cruel fate rather than irony. And you can lower your weapon, I'm an ally of the three this time. My god's plan promised peace and the Shadows are preventing that peace. I mean you no harm." Seth looked around for a moment before turning his attention back to Caedus. "Are you the only one here? Where are the officials that run this city?"

Caedus grimaced a moment, and releived his pistol from staring at Seth. he slapped it back on his belt sash and simply continued to stare at Seth, his voice relaxing and slowly rising back to normal sound levels as he spoke.

"The officials... The people of this city... All of them have fled... It's fear... It's the fear of the past that prevents them from moving forward in times of trial like this. the past are simply shackles that bind and restrict us from change for the better. Theonce you take the lessons you can from it once you take the lessons you can from it. As the saying goes... The times that are the hardest are times a good learner would not miss for the world..."

Caedus seemed lost in thought as he spoke. Words of wisdom like this coming from a lad of merely 15 had to send some shock through Seth.

"And that brings me to my point..."

Caedus rounded the small table in the room and walked up to Seth and held out his hand in a formal greeting.

"I am Caedus Zamikios... And you have been alive longer than any currently living today... I beleive there is much I can learn from you."

Seth shook Caedus' hand as it was offered. "You seem quite wise for one so young. One wouldn't believe it from your appearance. Now, what I came here for was to warn the people here. If you are the only one then it is somewhat for the best. I believe the Shadows will strike here next. I've already spoken with your parents, Richand and Siana. They left to speak with Oric. I was going to warn the people here before heading off to the forests of Salfir, where I believe a base is located. Would you check through the city and warn any remaining civilians? Given the Shadows recent actions, I would think it wise if there was no civilians present."

Caedus chuckled a moment.

"The civilians that have not left from fear of attack have been evacuated already."

Caedus's voice became cold and vicious. His grip on Seth's hand tightened refusing to release and beggining to constrict blood flow.

"And why are you so eager to run? Afraid for the Shadows to see one of their own mingling with the wrong side AGAIN?!?"

"That's quite a grip you have there." Seth whispered a couple words and his hand became intangible allowing him to pull it back. It returned to normal a second later. "You should try to respect your elders though. And I'm not running. I have been spying on them since thier first attack. I was going to scout them and if they do attempt an attack, I'm going to do my best to stop them." Seth turned to the door but before he left he spoke. "While I may not like my involvement in the Conflict it was for a greater good. This time around the greater good is against the Shadows, I am not one of thier own but rather I am seperate from any alliegence." Seth left leaving Caedus to be alone with his thoughts.

When Nogeth shot the wave at Yamata he hit the wall on the other side of the hall. "UGH." He laid on the floor then sat and leaned against the wall. "I worthless."

Nero left the room and saw Yamata leaning against the wall. "Get up Yamata."

Yamata stood up and looked at Nero.

"Follow me." Nero turned away from Yamata and started to walk.

Yamata followed.

They walked throughout the base until they got to Nero's training chamber.

"Yamata. You dissapoint me."

"But..."

Nero held up his hand, signaling him to shut up. "You know what you were trained to do." He charged at inhuman speeds and slamed Yamata against the wall. "Why didn't you do it?" Nero threw him across the room into another wall. "I sent you back out there to kill any survivors. Did you? No you didn't." He walked over to him and set him on his feet. "I trained you to kill without any hesitation." He punches him across the face. "When either of the Generals tells you to kill any survivors, you do it understand?"

Yamata just nodded.

"Good. Now go to your chamber to clean yourself up and report back here and well talk to General Nogeth about this." Nero sat behind his desk.

"Yes sir." Yamata left and walked back to his chamber.

Alicia was watching Nero & Yamata. She stepped out in front of Nero.
"Maybe next time you'll send someone more compentant. Like me. Enough of the small talk, when do we attack the city?"
Alicia stood waiting for a response.

Alicia was watching Nero & Yamata. She stepped out in front of Nero.
"Maybe next time you'll send someone more compentant. Like me. Enough of the small talk, when do we attack the city?"
Alicia stood waiting for a response.

Nero sat behind his desk and look at the girl who had walked in. "I might consider that. We will attack soon on General Nogeth's orders." He examined her a little more. "You must be Alicia, right?"

"Yes I am. I usually work with Vibro, but i'm just been bored lately. I thought that maybe someone might have something to do."
Alicia walked out of the room smiling.
Maybe he could be useful in the future.

"I'm sorry..."
Night sat down.
"Before I tell my story, i think we should know each other's names. I'm Night... I don't remember my real name. What are your names?"

Caedus rode on horseback for miles and miles, finally coming to a clearing from the forest and he beheld the Calpinnean Mountain Range. He rode on to Mount Calpine in haste. When he arrived at the base of the mountain, he dismounted his horse. As he studied the ground and brushed away some of the foliage, he could see tracks, and remnants of a campsite. They were there... Or at least, they were once. The tracks Caedus found were far outdated, and the campsites he discovered were once used but not for a long time.

Worry crept into Caedus's mind. Maybe they had already been here... Maybe they had already used the forging prowess of the mountain... Maybe...

Maybe they actually have enough power to form actual armies...

Caedus mounted his horse, and without a second thought, without even considering an alternative, he raced for what was once known as Valentine City.

Meanwhile...

His footprints echoed through the stone chambers. Torches that lit the wall had recently burnt out, and he was there, giving them back their life and relighting them. Drops of water gathered on the ceiling of the damp caverns dropped to the stone floor and the splashes echoed throughtout the infinite labyrinth of tunnels that lay beneath Negliv. He came to a partition in the stone wall, and pressed a certain stone. The wall rotated, and Forenz found himself exactly where he expected: Oric Halgern's study.

Forenz walked up to Oric and glanced at what he was doing. He saw two maps there. One he recognized as Oric's, the other he had never seen before. But his senses caught who it was before Oric even had a chance to greet him.

"Its that damn kid again, is'nt it?" He growled at Oric in his raspy voice. "I don't trust him. He is too wild, too unpredictable, and FAR to young to not let all the merit and recognition people give him for his talents go to his head!"

It was not that Forenz intended to yell, it was just his way of communicating.

Oric turned around towards Forenz, smiling at his old friend. "Yes, he was hear lobbying to go after the shadows. He was able to find new evidence in form of an old Destry map, that my lead us to their campsite."

Oric rolled up both maps, placed them into his bag and began to walk out of the study, motioning to Forenz to follow. The two men made their way through the castle halls causually chatting, until they reached Oric's quarters. Two guards stood at the double doors pikes in hand. The men each pulled open a door, revealing a large carpeted room full of plush furniture and ornate wall hangings. The King took a seat on an over stuffed chair and began to inform Forenz on the days events.

"I know you do not like him, but the boy has the most incredable drive I have ever seen. When he sets his mind on something he gets it done. His ego can be blinding at times, but Caedus' head is in the right place. We just have to keep him on a short leash. Now getting back to the Shadows, with this new information I am certain they will strike Valentine City within the week, and we must be in position to turn back any attempt to take the city.

I will leave tonight with a Battalion of Cavalry. We should get to Salfir by morning, and we will begin to strengthen Peace City's defenses. I want you to leave Negliv tomorrow at first light with a Divison of infantry. With a days hard marching you should be able to make it by nightfall. We will be waiting."

Oric jumped up from his chair and proceded to exit his quarters at a light jog. He ran down into his private armory sweating lightly as he stepped past an armored guard into a brightly lit room. In the center of the room was a dummy covered in Oric's armor. On all sides of the room were shelves stock piled with weapons. Halgern's armor was crimson red and gold, with silver chain mail underneth. A pair of gold eagles reaching for each others throats was engraved into his chest plate.

Oric stepped out of the room and mounted his horse, a black mare named Arrea. Oric was armed to the teeth, a large knife was sheathed on his right ankle and a katana graced his left hip. On his back was a spear, bow, and a large circular shield with a semicircle cut into one of the edges. Inside the shield was a short sword and on his right hip was Oric's most prized possesion. A black handled sword named Aquila. Its blade was a bright crimson red with the words Bellum Planto Pacis engraved into it.

Oric rode to the city gates, to find a whole Battalion of men on horse back waiting. He made his way to the front of the column and lead the march forward into the darkness. Drosin was once again at war.

A slew of spit and tobacco flew through the air from Forenz' mouth as he marched across the wet grassland. the battalion behind him grunted and moaned under the fierce rain and lightning. Forenz shot them a vicious look.

"If you cannot even take on the rain, how can you expect to take on the Shadows? Remain diligent, and push through! We will make it out of here yet!"

Forenz continued marching, and after his speech, the rest of the battallion followed quickly. There pace quickened. They would reach Peace City by morning.

Ooc: I think thats my shortest post yet... lol

Yamata came from his room and walked back down the hall and passed a woman in her late twenties. He turned his head as he passed her, looked forward and continued down the hall....

...Fringe looked over at Night, and nodded, "Seems reasonable. My name is Fringe. I've been going around rebuilding cities for...a few years." She looked over to Giles, and said, "Are you going to try and restart your business in a new town? Maybe do some volunteer work...?"

Yamata came from his room and walked back down the hall and passed a woman in her late twenties. He turned his head as he passed her, looked forward and continued down the hall....

Alicia noticed the man & thought he seemed familiar.
Now I remember I heard stories about him. He's the Destrian Assasin. It would be in my favor to make him an ally.
She turned around & started to follow him.

Back