Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)

Richand nodded.
"We actually just learned of that ourselves, and we're here to help."
Richand and Siana quickly explained each of the four commanders to Oric.
"So, if we can find any of them, capturing them is of the utmost importance."

Oric nodded in agreement, he knew the shadows were organized and that they had to have some kind of commander, but he didnt expect so many of them. From Richand and Siana's story he learned that a single unknown individual was running the show, but he never showed himself. This worried Oric, as long as this leader remained in power the Shadows couldnt be defeated. The head had to be found and decapated.

Halgern remounted his horse, Arrea, and continued towards Peace City at a pressing pace. The formation of men and horses made their way South away from Negliv, crossing the New Sagomir Gorge and into New Salfir. Another thirty minutes of riding put them right at the gates of what used to be Valentine City. The sun could be seen barely above the horizon, sheding a few rays of light on the city grounds. Peace City sat on plaetu surrounded by vast streaches of farm land. The Forest of Salfir was well in view from the walled city and any attackers could be easily spotted.

Oric barked out a few orders, splitting his battilion into groups. A few of the men set up a perimator around the city, searching the area. The rest moved into the city taking up positions along the walls with extra squads near each of the city's three gates. The remaining men were sent into the city to search through the buildings and question the cities inhabitants. Oric went straight to the cities biggest building, what used to be Valentine Manor. The whole place had an eerie feeling to it. King Halgern walked into the city's leaders office only to find Caedus sitting in a chair behind a desk, "Caedus I thought you were going to The Citadel?"

Caedus slowly rose his head and staredat Oric for a moment. His eyes were completely bloodshot. He had not slept since Seth had left him sitting there. He slowly rose, still staring at Oric, and he rounded the desk to formally greet the King and show his respects.

"King Halgern... I had to be here for this. The officials at the Citadel... You know how they are. they would'nt believe their was going to be a war if the Shadows leader was holding a blade to their throats... They are so naive and weakminded... They cannot do anything themselves and so they have to turn to the one who can... Me."

His voice dropped an octave and became cold and egotistical.

"Yes... They always have to turn to me... I always have to clean up the mess. No matter what it is, its always me they have to turn to in order to help them. They are such cowards... They dont have a fraction of the power I have and they sit there, cowering in their Grand structure as if it were invincable... Well they may not want to remember it, but I read about how Valentine destroyed the structure before! In and out in under half an hour, and the Citadel was no more... that night, Valentine Tower was constructed on the very spot... And as always, they have to turn to me to save them!"

His voice suddenly returned to the normal high pitching squeak of the 15 year old boy that he was. It had a frightened tone to it, and his eyes began to water.

"Why do they always have to put everything on me... Why do I have to take on all their problems... why do I always have to do for everyone else but myself! Its ridiculous... It's unfair!"

Caedus slammed his fist into the wall so hard it made the wooden inlay cukle and the stone beneath it shatter. He studied his bloodied fist momentarily... Then shook it off, realizing what a fool he was making of himself in front of Oric. He bowed his head slightly in shame... Took a moment to regain his composure, anmd spoke once again in the bold, heroic tone the people knew him for.

"Have you prepped the cities defenses?"

Meanwhile...

Forenz trudged across the hillside with his battalion of men, the sun just beginning to crest over the horizen. Peace City came into view, and they marched onwards.

Seth was looking around the forests of New Salfir. He was following the tracks the Shadows left from thier latest attack. Finally he came to a clearing. "The tracks stop here... but where did they go?" Seth looked but saw nothing strange except for the tracks just suddenly stopping. He waved his hand over his eyes and the glowed. Let me see the unseen. Suddenly Seth's view of the world changed. What was green leaves became black, a clear sky became gold, and the brown dirt beneath his feat became white. He looked down at where the tracks ended but still saw nothing. He looked up and saw nothing. As with the other times, the tracks end without a trace. They must use powerful spells though to hide whatever the use to vanish. If I was at full power, I could easily shatter them. But as I am now... Seth sighed as his vision returned to normal and his eyes stopped glowing.
-Meanwhile-
There was knocking on Vent's door. "Enter." A guard came in and quickly bowed. "Sir, a tresspasor has appeared by entrance six. Shall we apprehend him?"
"Who is it?"
"We don't know, however he wears silver and gold and seems quite old."
So you've finally showed up. "Leave him. I'll take care of this myself." The guard bowed and left. Vent grabbed his swords and headed out a secret exit in his room, appearing above ground behind some bushes. The exit quickly closed itself. "He would search us out. Just as you said, Great One."

Last edited:
Alicia noticed the man & thought he seemed familiar.
Now I remember I heard stories about him. He's the Destrian Assasin. It would be in my favor to make him an ally.
She turned around & started to follow him.

Yamata kept walking down the hall. He then realized that someone was following him. He walked around a corner towards General Nero's chamber...

"There doeen't seem to be anything out of the ordinary here except the tracks stopping without a trace." Seth was walking around the clearing, occasionally tapping trees or kneeling down and inspecting the ground. "How exactly do the Shadows do it?"

"Would you like an explanation?"

Seth immediately turned around to see a young man in blue with two swords across his back. "So you are willing to tell me the secret entrance into your stronghold? You're not a very good commander are you..."
"Nogeth. General Vent Nogeth."
"Vent Nogeth... I'll remember that. But another question; what is one as young as you doing leading this terrorist group? You can hardly be older then twenty and you're one of the leaders of the most vile groups on Renit."
Vent closed his eyes, as if annoyed by Seth's questions. "I'm eighteen, and age has nothing to do with battle. You should know that yourself Seth Covull."
Seth looked shocked at hearing his name. "How do you know me?"

"Oh I know more then just your name. You served Destry before the conflict. You were close friends with the priest Sekhmet and one of Master Valentine's most precious advisors. You are the one who came up with the plans that let Destry overrun Salfir in mere days. It was you that suggested the use of an ancient flying fortress called Eterna. You, Master Valentine, and another named Naxus; reactivated the fortress and used its power to destroy Negliv and pressure the heroes. In the final battle of the Conflict, you fought Oric, the now king of Drosin. However just before Master Valentine readied the killing blow against the cursed avatar of light, you stepped in and fought him. You were the one that opened the portal that sealed Valentine. You left for solitude promising peace. You worship a very ancient set of gods that make you immune to old age's deathly touch. You can even temporarily become one and gain control over anything under the heavens. Oh I know your story Seth Covull. The question is what you will do now."

Seth stood breathless as the youth listed off his entire history from the Conflict, including a few things no living soul, save for Seth himself, should know. Finally Seth regained his composure to speak. "How? How do you know so much? So much about me."
"How? It's quite simple: the Great One told me. He told me everything about you. Including that you would search for us, and would come to try and kill us."

Valentine's shapeless face hissed and moaned. Although he was no longer in the void of torture, the daily pain of having no body to control his power and emotions was terrible to endure. His hate was so strong it could sense those around him. He heard Vent speak to him, and his shapeless face grinned. As he listened to Vent give out all the details of Seth's history, Valentine's hate flared, and the gem oozed dark power once more. It flowed into Vent, giving him terrible power far more than he had already atrophied.

The purple gem glowed brightly for a moment and hissed a whisper into Vent's ear.

"The time has come for your true test... This is the Betrayer... But I would hate to see him die before the full unveiling of my plan to see what a failure he has been all these years... I wonder what his gods will do when they find out he failed... They might do the job and skin the bastard for us... Hm hm hm..."

Valentine paused a moment, and spoke the final words.

"Nevertheless... Do try to keep him in one peice..."

Valentine's hysterical laugh was only heard in Vent's head as the dead Destrian tyrant's hatred fueled Vent's power.

Seth was trying to figurs out who could know so much about him when Vent spoke. "Now I have a question for you Seth."
"What?"
"Your gods, they want to balance everything correct?"
"Yes." How does he know so much?

"Then why did they allow Destry to be destroyed after Master Valentines defeat? Why did they make humanity have one large war just for one large peace. That's not balance. It's impossible to evenly bakance three wholes. A war followed by peace followed by war, that's not balance but rather tipping the scales back and forth. Tell me, if your gods truly want balance, then why do the put humanity through such unbalanced trials?"

Seth was once more in shock. This youth not only knew do much about Seth but he also was ridiculing his gods and claiming them flawed. The worst part Seth thought, is that he was right. "I don't know why they do things the way they do. You've heard the phrase 'god works in mysterious ways.' It's impossible to know what they want or will do without asking them."
"Aren't you in regular contact with them? Through your ritual to extend your life?"
"How do you know about that? Only one should know that."
"I'll tell you why your gods do what they do, they're corrupt. They don't want balance but rather they poke fun at humanity. I'm offering you a choice Seth. Either you can stay with your corrupt gods and face death at the coming cleansing. Or you can join us, and destroy those that corrupt, redeem yourself from your betrayal during the Conflict. Now choose."

Now I remember I heard stories about him. He's the Destrian Assasin. It would be in my favor to make him an ally.

Yamata kept walking down the hall. He then realized that someone was following him. He walked around a corner towards General Nero's chamber...

Alicia noticed where he was headed & ran after him.
So he must serve General Nero. This'll be interesting.

Caedus slowly rose his head and staredat Oric for a moment. His eyes were completely bloodshot. He had not slept since Seth had left him sitting there. He slowly rose, still staring at Oric, and he rounded the desk to formally greet the King and show his respects.

"King Halgern... I had to be here for this. The officials at the Citadel... You know how they are. they would'nt believe their was going to be a war if the Shadows leader was holding a blade to their throats... They are so naive and weakminded... They cannot do anything themselves and so they have to turn to the one who can... Me."

His voice dropped an octave and became cold and egotistical.

"Yes... They always have to turn to me... I always have to clean up the mess. No matter what it is, its always me they have to turn to in order to help them. They are such cowards... They dont have a fraction of the power I have and they sit there, cowering in their Grand structure as if it were invincable... Well they may not want to remember it, but I read about how Valentine destroyed the structure before! In and out in under half an hour, and the Citadel was no more... that night, Valentine Tower was constructed on the very spot... And as always, they have to turn to me to save them!"

His voice suddenly returned to the normal high pitching squeak of the 15 year old boy that he was. It had a frightened tone to it, and his eyes began to water.

"Why do they always have to put everything on me... Why do I have to take on all their problems... why do I always have to do for everyone else but myself! Its ridiculous... It's unfair!"

Caedus slammed his fist into the wall so hard it made the wooden inlay cukle and the stone beneath it shatter. He studied his bloodied fist momentarily... Then shook it off, realizing what a fool he was making of himself in front of Oric. He bowed his head slightly in shame... Took a moment to regain his composure, anmd spoke once again in the bold, heroic tone the people knew him for.

"Have you prepped the cities defenses?"
The two were interrupted as Siana and Richand stepped into the room. Siana's eyes widened when she saw Caedus.
"CAEDUS!!!"
Siana leapt forth and embraced her son in a crushing hug. Richand crossed his arms, but there was a huge grin of pride on his face.
"How have you been, son?"
-MEANWHILE-
"Giles... Fringe..."
Night paused for a moment, then looked back up.
"I don't know how long ago that it was that THIS..." he pulled back his cloak to show the mark, "happened to me. It's been many years, I guess I've lost track of time."
Night turned his head to look out of the opening of the cave, glancing up at the purplish-red hue of the sky as the sun began to set.
"I was... 17, at the time, almost 18. I was with my... well, my friends. I was human then. I don't know what I am now."
Night sighed.
"I'm assuming you both know who-- or what-- Naxus, the Dark One, was? The lord of demons... it's been said he was almost as bad as Storm Valentine himself, which I guess is saying something. Well, Naxus had a right-hand "man"... his name was Chillam, the Eyemillion."
Night traced the curve of the snake mark down his arm with his finger on his right hand, pausing at several of the larger eyes on the snake.
"Chillam, apparently, was looking for a host. Apparently, I was the ideal candidate. I don't remember much before the possesion. All I know is that when I woke up,I was surrounded by the mutilated bodies of my friends. Chillam had apparently decided that I wasn't a "worthy" host... he left me there alive. Sometimes, I wish he hadn't. I was changed, marked. I still had my humanity intact, mostly, but a bit of his soul had grafted to mine. Thus, the mark... and my powers. I eventually realized that these things would never allow me to have a normal life. I've been living in the forest ever since."
Night pulled his cloak back over the mark and turned to Giles and Fringe.

Last edited:
Ooc: At Gigs: I believe it was Chillam the Eyemillion? lol. Its cool. Good reference! :D

Ic:

Caedus' breath was squeezed out of him as his mother crushed his body in her embrace. Pausing a moment to come back to reality and realize what was going on, his arms slowly wrapped around his mother's body, and he could feel the warth of her hug. Her love brought light to his heart, his composure lit up as the fearful hiss voice inside went away and Caedus Zamikios' love, Caedus' laughter, and Caedus' smile came to his face. He grinned at his father and wriggled out of his mother's grasp. Caedus looked at his father, was about to issue him a handshake, but remembered he had just broken the wall and his fist was still bleeding.

He wiped his fist on the back of his clothing and hid his hand from his father's view, and simply gave him a head nod as a gesture. Caedus smiled.

"Mom, Dad, what are you two doing here? I ran into Seth a little while ago. what's going on?"

Richand nodded.
"I thought Seth would come to see you... according to him, the balance that he promised isn't here because of the Destrian Shadows. Why, he doesn't know, but it worries all of us. I think something dark may be brewing. Your mother and I are here to help out any way we can."

Caedus grumbled for a moment. He hated having to get help from his parents. It made him feel like he was still a child. He may only be 15, but no other 15 year old in history could have accomplished as much as he has.

"Fine... But I still don't trust Seth... he seems far too slippery. Father, How can you trust him? After working for Destry all those years, and then just stabbing them in the back in the blink of an eye... Whether it was for good or not, he betrayed those who trusted him! how can you be sure he won't do the same to us!?"

"Because what Seth cares about is balance, Caedus. He wanted to give us peace, and he's trying to give it to us. Despite his betrayal of Storm, one promise he never broke was his promise to try and bring us balance. He won't go back on that."

"I still don't trust him..."

His voice dropped and turned cold.

"Why do you two have to be so naive... Can't you see... He'll turn on you, just like he turned on Valentine and that priest, Sekhmet. Did you know he was friends with Sekhmet for neary 1000 years?? Who betrays a friend of 100 years! A traitor... a sleaze... A snake... A weasel... and undermining rat chewing away at whatever it can get..."

Caedus paused a moment, noticing Richand and Siana's stumped faces. He resumed his composure and his face was scrunched as he straightened his back, racked with pain from stress.

"Im sorry dad... I just don't see how you can trust someone so... Evil isnt the word... So.. So untrustworthy..."

Alicia noticed where he was headed & ran after him.
So he must serve General Nero. This'll be interesting.

Yamata turned around fast grabbed the girl by the shoulders lifted her up and pinned her against the wall, out stretching his arms. "Who you? Why follow me?"

Back