Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)

She ignored the last comment thinking about what he said. "Caedus, Caedus... Oh your'e that little boy that thinks he can play in the big leagues. And this city is going to be under seige soon? Then I'll be staying. Now where can I get a room to rest and change in? Some of that man's blood got on my clothes."

Caedus' face seemed to be one of pure frustration. He reluctantly raised his hand and snapped his fingers. Two servants rushed up and took a knee before him.

"Take this woman... and see her to a hospitable room. Give her a change of clothes and whatever else she asks, as long as she stays out of my hair..."

Caedus trudged up the stairs back to what used to be the Throne room of Valentine Manor.

Meanwhile...

the front gates of Peace City burst open. Forenz walked into the city with a strutt, and immediately started issuing orders, assigning various legionsof his battallion to set up defense points around the city. He walked up to Peace City's main building, and walked through the door. He passed up a woman in black, not throwing her the slightest look of interest.

Forenz walked up the stairs to the battle coordination room to find Richand, Siana, Oric, and, to his great surprise, Caedus. he grumbled a moment, and without any introduction, without any word whatsoever, he simply walked up behind Oric and stood next to his king with his arms folded across his broad chest, staring Caedus down.

"The name's Sela by the way!" She yelled to Caedus. Sela folloed the two servants to a medium sized room with a bed, a lamp and window overlooking the city. It even had a small bath. Oh this'll do nicely. She then turned to the servents which began taking her measuremeants for replacement clothes. She thanked them as they left and turned to her room. "I think I'll have a bath."

-Meanwhile-

"No right to deny me my justice. My divine right!"
The ending of the fight continued to play and repeat in Seth's head. He had never before encountered an ability such as his. It wasn't one of the elements which were more common, nor was it a psionic ability such as levitation or mind reading. He just couldn't figure it out. And from what Seth saw, it could repel anything.
"We attack tomorrow at dawn."
That's right. I've got to get up. I've got to warn them of our time limit.

Seth used what energy he had to open his eyes. He was in a white room, surrounded by a couple people with glowing hands. Healing spells. So that woman helpped me after all.
One of the healers noticed he was up. "Welcome back. Someone go get the ones in charge. Let them know he's awake."
Seth smiled and closed his eyes. Good, I don't think I could move right now.

Alicia smiled. "Oh you are strong. Maybe you'll be interesting. Now as for who I am, my name is Alicia, I work for General Vibro, & I thought maybe we could get along & tech each of different combat skills. Now could you let me down."

Vibro sensed Alicia in trouble & snapped out of meditation.
"She never listens. I tell her not bug people but she does. Better go bail her out."
Vibro left & walk through the halls to find her.

Yamata set her back down on her own feet and continued to walk to Nero's chamber. "Whatever."

Nero came from his chamber and walked down the hall when he saw Yamata and Alicia. "Ah, Yamata. I see that you have met Alicia." He walked past them. "Now come with me."

Fringe began to get slightly nervous, she had been very young during the Destrian Conflict, and knew nothing about such matters, especially about demons. She wasn't even sure if she believed such things existed. So she said the only thing she could think of, "Well, if it burned during the Destrian Conflict, maybe...If it was because of Chilliam...Maybe he was around then. If he was, I'm sure you could learn something from someone involved...Or any accounts that have been found about the War..."

To people immediately popped into Nights' head.
Richand... Siana...
Night forced it out.
I promised myself I'd never interfere in their lives again. They're better off forgetting me...
"Well... we could head to the Royal library in Peace City. It's not too far from here, and I'm sure they have plenty of recordings about the conflict."

Oric nodded to Forenz and quickly stepped out of the room to find where Caedus had gone. He passed a scroll to one of the messengers passing by and instructed him to deliver it to the Oxport military faculty, the biggest base in the area. Oric quickly walked towards what he thought were voices coming from the mansion's enterence. As Oric reached the wooden balcony overlooking one of the massive building's many entry ways and noticed Caedus in discussion with a women whom he did not know. A few men clad in all white were carrying a motionless figure into the double doors of what looked like a healing room.

"And this... This is a traitorous peice of trash... However my father, Richand, believes him to be useful, so as of now, he is on the VIP list of attainables among the people of Renit."

Oric knew who it was and although he didn't completly trust him either, Seth was a friend and a very important ally. He spoke his voice filling up the high celling of the room, "That is enough Caedus, If you were alive during the conflict you may have a different attitude towards him."

The king gracfully moved down the long staircase and into the doors of the healing room. Oric nearly run over one of the healers as they scrambled towards the enterence. "K.kking Hal..g..Halgern, I was just going to get you." The young mans speech was fast and broken, he was obviously very stressed.

Oric glanced around the room, it was mostly white and two healers stood over a bed on which Seth lay, now awake but still very weak. The older of the healer spoke, his voice rough and weak over his many years, "Sir we have healed him somewhat, but we where told not to bring him to full health. What are your orders."

Oric was angered by Caedus' reckless decsion but tried not to take it out on the healers, "Yes bring him back to speed, we will need every man we have to defend this city. I understand that you have organized a group of spellcasters in this city. I ask that you would join us on the field tomorrow. We need your help to keep the city under allied control."

Oric took a seat in the room and waited to hear how Seth had arrived so bloodied and broken.

"Yes bring him back to speed, we will need every man we have to defend this city. I understand that you have organized a group of spellcasters in this city. I ask that you would join us on the field tomorrow. We need your help to keep the city under allied control."

I know that voice. Seth cracked his eyes open to see Oric sitting calmly at the other side of the room. Seth gave a small chuckle to himself before speaking. "King Halgern, a pleasure for you, it must be. Seeing one of your old enemies now so badly beaten." Seth paused for a moment and adjusted himself so he was leaning up. "You've been a wonderful king Oric. The best Drosin has had in decades."
Seth gave a small cringe as a wave of pain swept over him. He gasped for a moment before speaking. "But now isn't the time to worry about such things as old foes or pleasant talk. I fought with the enemy and discovered a small portion of what seems to be a larger plan. The Shadows will be attacking tomorrow at dawn. That gives this city a little less then twenty three hours before they unleash hell upon it. Defenses must be prepped and soldiers must be positioned. I can tell you of the foe I fought, but I believe it best to wait for Richand and Siana so they may hear as well. Are they here?"

"We're here."
Richand stepped into the room, a grim expression on his face as he stared at Seth. Siana and he had split up after Siana had suddenly decided to look into a tome at the Royal Library. Richand had no idea what she was looking for, but he assumed it was important, judging by her hurry to get there.
"What happened to you?"

Vent headed back towards his chambers when he noticed Vibro. "General Vibro, a moment." He quickly walked up to him and stood infront of him. "When you get the chance tell Venator and Nero I need to speak with them. Also spread the word, we attack at dawn tomorrow."

Yamata set her back down on her own feet and continued to walk to Nero's chamber. "Whatever."

Nero came from his chamber and walked down the hall when he saw Yamata and Alicia. "Ah, Yamata. I see that you have met Alicia." He walked past them. "Now come with me."

"Sure i'll come along. Lead the way general."

Vibro responded: "As you wish General Nogeth. I was on my way to Nero any ways, so i'll talk to him 1st."
Vibro continued walking till he met up with Nero, Yamamoto, & Alicia.
"Ah, General Nero General Nogeth wants to speak to you. Alicia how many times do I have to tell you not bug anyone? Good news though, we attack tommorow at Dawn. Now I have to go talk to General Venator. Alicia come with me."
Vibro started walking away.

Alicia jumped for joy.
"Yes finally! We're gonna start the war for the Drosins' old capital. I can't wait."
Alicia noticed Vibro leaving her behind.
"Hey wait up for me. Bye Nero & Yamamoto. See you guys later."

Vibro finally found General Venator.
"General Venator, General Nogeth would like to speak to you, & we attack tommorow at dawn."
Vibro left Venator to go spread the word of attack.
"Alicia spread the word to the soilders of the attack."
"Yes Vibro"
Alicia ran off to tell soilders.

"We're here."
Richand stepped into the room, a grim expression on his face as he stared at Seth. Siana and he had split up after Siana had suddenly decided to look into a tome at the Royal Library. Richand had no idea what she was looking for, but he assumed it was important, judging by her hurry to get there.
"What happened to you?"

"Where's..? Nevermind, you'll just tell her yourself later. Now the enemy I faced was the one in blue with the two swords. His name is Vent Nogeth and he is quite deadly. You see what he has done to me yet I didn't even scratch him. He claims that he is cleansing the world and it is his divine right. And he knows things, things that only we should know. He even knew some things that I shared with only Valentine and Sekhmet. Nobody alive, save for myself, should have known half of what he said. He claims thier leader, he was referred to as 'Great One', told him everything. He knew I was coming and knee I would fight him."
Seth sighed, and took a deep breath. "It troubles me. If the enemy knows this much then what else do they know? What else could they have planned? But what troubles me most was the ability and skill Vent Nogeth showed, and from what I gathered he was holding back so I could live long enough to pass this knowledge on. When we fought I went all out with my scythe in my attempt to kill him. And yet, he matched me blow for blow. Then there was his ability. Anytime I came close to hitting him, whether it be with my scythe or with a spell, the attack was repelled. During the fight I was suddenly pulled towards him by an invisible force and he unleashed muliple powerful attacks. He said his power is called Divine Graviton, and he can manipulate gravity. He repeled any attack that he felt came to close and pulled me in for more attacks, and he claimed he didn't show his true strength."

"If he was this powerful I fear what the others strength may be. And this leader of thiers is stronger then them all. I believe that the world has severly underestimated the might the Destrian Shadows hold."

Vent headed back towards his chambers when he noticed Vibro. "General Vibro, a moment." He quickly walked up to him and stood infront of him. "When you get the chance tell Venator and Nero I need to speak with them. Also spread the word, we attack at dawn tomorrow."

"Sure i'll come along. Lead the way general."

Vibro responded: "As you wish General Nogeth. I was on my way to Nero any ways, so i'll talk to him 1st."
Vibro continued walking till he met up with Nero, Yamamoto, & Alicia.
"Ah, General Nero General Nogeth wants to speak to you. Alicia how many times do I have to tell you not bug anyone? Good news though, we attack tommorow at Dawn. Now I have to go talk to General Venator. Alicia come with me."
Vibro started walking away.

Alicia jumped for joy.
"Yes finally! We're gonna start the war for the Drosins' old capital. I can't wait."
Alicia noticed Vibro leaving her behind.
"Hey wait up for me. Bye Nero & Yamamoto. See you guys later."

Vibro finally found General Venator.
"General Venator, General Nogeth would like to speak to you, & we attack tommorow at dawn."
Vibro left Venator to go spread the word of attack.
"Alicia spread the word to the soilders of the attack."
"Yes Vibro"
Alicia ran off to tell soilders.

Nero turned to Yamata. "Good. Since we attack tommorow this could be your chance to redeem yourself for General Nogeth." He started to walk to General Nogeth's chamber. "Now we go see what he wants."

Yamata nodded and followed Nero to Nogeths' chamber.

As they walked down the halls they noticed Nogeth walking down the hallways.

"General Nogeth." Nero walked faster with Yamata not far behind. "You said you wanted to speak with me?"

(OOC: yes we are)

Vent turned when he heard Nero and Yamata walk up. He was about to head back to his chambers when they came near. "Yes I did. For the attack, you'll remember I said it would be you and Venator doing a diversionary attack while myself and Vibro strike from behind? Well I need you and Venator to each pick twenty warriors each that you feel will be able to last long enough. So find some strong soldiers. You and Venator have your pick of anyone except myself and Vibro."

"We're here."
"What happened to you?"

"Where's..? Nevermind, you'll just tell her yourself later. Now the enemy I faced was the one in blue with the two swords. His name is Vent Nogeth and he is quite deadly. You see what he has done to me yet I didn't even scratch him. He claims that he is cleansing the world and it is his divine right. And he knows things, things that only we should know. He even knew some things that I shared with only Valentine and Sekhmet. Nobody alive, save for myself, should have known half of what he said. He claims thier leader, he was referred to as 'Great One', told him everything. He knew I was coming and knee I would fight him."
Seth sighed, and took a deep breath. "It troubles me. If the enemy knows this much then what else do they know? What else could they have planned? But what troubles me most was the ability and skill Vent Nogeth showed, and from what I gathered he was holding back so I could live long enough to pass this knowledge on. When we fought I went all out with my scythe in my attempt to kill him. And yet, he matched me blow for blow. Then there was his ability. Anytime I came close to hitting him, whether it be with my scythe or with a spell, the attack was repelled. During the fight I was suddenly pulled towards him by an invisible force and he unleashed muliple powerful attacks. He said his power is called Divine Graviton, and he can manipulate gravity. He repeled any attack that he felt came to close and pulled me in for more attacks, and he claimed he didn't show his true strength."

"If he was this powerful I fear what the others strength may be. And this leader of thiers is stronger then them all. I believe that the world has severly underestimated the might the Destrian Shadows hold."

Caedus had been leaning against the wall in the corner of the medical chambers, listening to Seth's entire story in regards to the Shadows. He took it all in. He knew the Shadows were bad, but this "Divine graviton" power seth spoke seemed inconceivable. And according to him, that man wasnt even the strongest. Caedus felt a grim sense of remorse overcome him as he pondered on the thousands of innocent lives already taken by the Destrian Shadows in their struggle for power.

He walked out of the dark and into the light of the medical chambers, making his presence known to his those around him. Caedus made a small gesture to Seth in order to show he meant no harm after their exchange of words earlier. As long as both his Father and the King were in the same room with him, Caedus had to make sure to keep his temper under control.

"So... If what you are telling us is true... The Shadows are far stronger than we have anticipated. Nevertheless, we should have sufficient forces here to deal with their imminent attack. Seth... You said he spoke of their leader as the "Great One"... I am curious, with your vast knowledge of history and being ally to Destry for so long... Do you have any suspicions as to this "Great One's" identity?"

Meanwhile...

Forenz walked outside and began fortifying his troops. Dawn was less then 6 hours away. They had to be ready. He made sure Archer squads were placed on every rooftop, with brigades of spellcasters lining the windows and balconys. If this fight did indeed enter the city, which Forenz expected it to, he knew it would take more than mere will and brute force to keep Peace City under friendly control.

Back